Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Random (official) GM posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rimalon View Post
    I love Darkwing Duck
    ~The Tinkering Gnome~

Ask how to join my fan club, today! Hurry while seats last!

>When using spike thorn, does the "you feel oddly lucky" messaging denote the same type of mechanic used by 1006 with maneuvers--namely, that the cast is rolled twice and the higher of the two rolls is used?

The Spike Thorn luck roll differs from Song of Luck rolls. Basically, there's a small chance that you'll be rolling a d100 + an offset to determine the final result, which can be either positive or negative depending on the initial roll.

>Also (trying again here), do any stats play a role in 616? If so, which stats and what roles? -Droit

Both Dexterity and Agility bonuses aid in defending against Spike Thorn. The caster's stats don't affect the offensive roll.

-M[estys]

Blog Entries

Good post Droit, thanks for X-posting.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I asked for some clarification of his first statement. Waiting on a response.

>Could I ask for a clarification of this statement, please? I'll describe it as I interpret it: If the d100 is a 1 or 2, say, the modifier to the initial roll will be negative. If the d100 is 99 or 100 or thereabouts, the modifier will be positive. But the "You feel oddly lucky" messaging is the same for both the positive and negative modifiers? Or is there some unlucky messaging that I've been missing? -Droit

It's more of an open roll with a maximum of one iteration in either direction. So a 1 or 2 would have a negative die roll added to it, and a 99 or 100 would have a positive one.

The unlucky messaging will only be shown to the target, when the caster receives the lucky messaging. When the caster gets a low roll, the target will get the lucky messaging, but there won't be any unlucky messaging for the caster.

Basically, you'll only see the unlucky messaging when you're about to lose a leg/life.

-M.
    Last edited by droit; 07-15-2009 at 02:03 AM.

6. Default

Ba-zing.
    >>Any chance that the threshold for audience reps could be lowered by a person? It's rather difficult to find 5 people in one spot a lot of the time in Illistim.

Good point. The audience threshold has been reduced to 4 people for Lock Mastery, Rogue Gambits and Sorcerer Illusions.

= - GM Oscuro - =

Rogue Team
    Cleric/Empath Team
    You kick at a severed troll arm's groin and connect! For just a moment, the severed troll arm's face goes entirely motionless.

Chooz Your Shooz!
    House Sylvanfair

Nice.

No love for warrior trick reps?

Not sure how many people actually use the spell, but here's the exact % of Searing Light's effect on casted spells.

>>What exactly is the 'chance' that the creature's spell will be interrupted by Searing Light, and is it effected by any other secondary factors (trainable or otherwise) ?

90%. No

= - GM Oscuro - =

Rogue Team
    Cleric/Empath Team

10. Default

KWT, fka Greame, sashes have been updated to do the following:

1. Allow 2 katanas
    2. Allow sais
    3. Allow a LONG with a SHOW if you so choose upon alteration (there is a built in LOOK for you which can be changed)
    4. Allow for a different material other than silk, if you so choose upon alteration. It must be a soft cloth though. No leathers, suedes, or harder materials.
    5. Some messaging that is different if you are erithi
    6. Supports a custom loresong being added to yours (provided, of course, you win such a beastie)
    7. Supports a READ
    8. still works with a wakisashi or a tanto
    9. Supports any combination of 2 allowable weapons (i.e. 2 tantos, a tanto and a wak, etc)

Original KWTs will automatically convert themselves to fit new abilities, so you shouldn't need to do anything

Altering guidelines:
    1. Bear in mind that some GMs may not be comfortable altering them, as these are a bit more complicated than your ordinary alteration.
    2. Some merchants might not alter them because it doesn't fit their personality
    3. The two scabbards are always set off the left hip, one slighty lower than the other.
    4. Allowable nouns (the 3rd 15, aka the activator) can only be: harness, sash, vatanura
    5. Harnesses material is wound up more like a cord from which the scabbards are suspended. Sashes and vatanuras are more like..well...sashes.
    6. Nothing in your SHOW or your LONG or your BASE should contradict the essence of these items (corded cloth or sashed cloth from which hang 2 scabbards off the left hip)

Hope you enjoy!

--Xynwen--
    "The stars go waltzing out in blue and red, And arbitrary blackness gallops in"
    http://www.play.net/forums/messages....=7&message=992
    You kick at a severed troll arm's groin and connect! For just a moment, the severed troll arm's face goes entirely motionless.

Chooz Your Shooz!
    House Sylvanfair