Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Really GOOD alters

I won't lie. I'm bored right now. Intensely bored. So I created a character. I'm not playing GS or anything but character design was always one of my favorite aspects of the game, so I did it, with at least three or four outfits for her. While engaging in this pointlessness, I looked at my own alteration records for inspiration.

It's hard for me to pick out favorites because I had uh.. many many alteration services while I was in GS so I picked one from certain categories. These are my all-time favorite GS alterations (of my own or designed by a merchant for me).

a brilliant-cut black diamond ferroniere w/show
    Dark as a moonless sky, still the many facets of the brilliant-cut diamond glitter with a starry radiance against a seven-rayed eahnor setting. A delicate, thread-thin chain suspends the black jewel in such a way that it would rest on its wearer's forehead like a third eye.

a halo of long sharp lor hairsticks

a cast-silver illthorn leaf choker
    The pieces of the choker have been individually cast in the shape of small, seven-pointed illthorn leaves, and positioned to partially overlap each other. A tiny hook-and-chain clasp is hidden between two of the leaves to fasten the choker in the appearance of a neverending loop, with a polished obsidian bead anchoring the dangling chain.

a brilliant red eahnor choker shaped like a pair of strangling hands

a silver-gilded illthorn leaf charm
    The beautiful seven-pointed star shape of the illthorn leaf has been preserved forever in a fine coating of luminous pale silver, thin enough to show every vein in stark relief. The charm hangs from a loop on the stem, threaded through with a black silk cord.

a full set of sharp eahnor finger-talons
    The talons are designed to fit snugly over each and every finger, cunningly segmented and jointed to preserve ease of movement. Cast in dark sanguine eahnor, elaborate etched swirls coruscate sinuously across the surface of the metal. The sharp, faintly curved tip of each talon is blackened tellingly.

a sunstone and two-tone eahnor anklet
    Fashioned into a heavy cuff style anklet, dozens of eahnor strands are woven in a dizzying pattern around a single large sunstone cabochon. Half of the eahnor is preserved in its natural vivid scarlet, interwoven with eahnor so dark it retains only highlights of its usual red. The blackened metal casts darkening shadows through the sunstone, turning the sparkling red jewel the color of blood by night.

a feathery ebon basilisk skin stole
    This long, luxurious stole is constructed of the skinned wings and back of a basilisk, and lined with butter-soft black suede. The rooster-like plumage has been carefully preserved and cared for, so that the ebon feathers gleam with beetle-green iridescence.

a full-length open ebon suede longcoat
    Framing rather than concealing, the longcoat has no way to fasten it closed, designed to hang open as it falls in a straight line from shoulders to near floor-length hem. An odd combination of black feathers and fur unique to the griffin species lines the interior of the longcoat, providing a warm, downy complement to the exterior of soft suede.

a deep sanguine faille gown with a rigidly boned heart-shaped bodice flaring into full trailing skirts

a wide-necked smoky blue chainsil gown trailing streamers of black silk

a glistening green satin cotehardie with subtle ophidian scaling along the trailing skirts

a gold silk single-strapped gown
    The dress is crafted of a single piece of dark gold silk with deep reddish undertones towards the hem, cut in a narrow sheath style designed to hang close to the upper body before going straight down from the hips. A solitary silk ribbon trimmed with carmine beads fastens on the dress to the front left, goes over the right shoulder, and fastens again in the back left side.

a reptilian faenor-beaded corset
    The corset is cut with a faintly curving, strapless neckline that flows easily into a classic v-shape, ending over the hips with a sharp point in the front and back. Hundreds of miniscule, dark-veined green faenor beads cover the viridian silk surface, glistening like the pebbled skin of some exotic reptile. Tiny, close-set hooks fasten the corset down the back and present an almost seamless garment.

an illuminated starscape fan
    The fan's frame is formed of slender, sharp-pointed black glaes slats, each with a star-shaped cut out near its tip. Alternating white and midnight blue zorchar stars fill each hole, glowing pale and cold through the translucent glaes. Thin paper webs between the slats, featuring a painted night sky scene. Illuminated in white zorchar, the full Lornon moon and tiny stars shine vividly against a blue-sheened ebon sky.

an unusually tall fireleaf runestaff
    The runestaff is strikingly tall in height, reaching as high as the tallest giantman, with the deep natural furrows of the wood smoothed away, leaving only the slightest of ripples to show the origins of the wood. Lacking any adornment, the fireleaf has been treated with a dark stain, imparting to it a rich, reddish-black hue.

an extra long silver vultite dagger
    The dagger is straight, thin, and unusually long, with a pale blue tint to the silver-dyed vultite blade. A dark suede-wrapped grip yields to a simple hilt. Written in serpentine script along the unsharpened edge of the blade are these words, "STABBITY DEATH!"

a sleek eahnor aishan head pauldron
    Several tones and shades of eahnor have been used to form the pauldron, and thick spidersilk straps are meant to secure it to the shoulder. The aishan's head shape, from narrow muzzle to flared ruff, has been distorted beyond even its normal demonic countenance; the wolfish face has far too many sharp teeth and a sinuous jointed tongue serves to curl around the wearer's arm. The demon's eyes are particularly well done, rendered in a range of metals designed to distort a viewer's mirrored image.

an eahnor and black glaes breastplate
    Translucent black glaes has been finely crafted into four segments to preserve a wide range of movement while providing the kind of protection only fine plate can. The chest and upper back pieces overlap snugly with the plates covering the abdomen and lower back and are polished to a smooth finish. Flames of scarlet eahnor are reflected beneath the surface of the glaes, shifting in a spectral dance as the metal inlay beneath the glaes catches the light.

Hmm.. that seems like a lot so I'm going to stop there. It's hard to pick only that many, even. Looking at that, it's hard to tell that my favorite color is actually blue.
    Last edited by DCSL; 06-25-2008 at 01:50 PM.

A loose black linen shirt

Made of the softest linen, the loose fit of this beautifully crafted shirt is designed for freedom of movement and serves to keep the wearer cool. Black leather laces run through brushed silver eyelets up the front, spreading open as they reach the relaxed collar. The ends of the sleeves are held together with adjustable leather straps, where twin dagger sheaths are barely visible on the underside of each wrist. Embroidered on each of the cuffs is a small cracked white skull.

Dual dagger shirt. Some of the wording isn't exactly how I wanted it, but I still thought it turned out well.

These will probably go to the demonic with me, I get greedy like that with some of my character's belongings - and yes, I realize they are nothing but wasted space or even air, nothing tangible - but I just can't let them go. It's like my first alter ever with some of these, but not really...

a spiraling silver thumb band(Show: Designed to spiral snugly around the thumb, the band has been hand-crafted from a thick strip of silver. A small onyx-bodied spider has been inset into the center of the spiral, its fangs emphasized by tiny slivers of indigo sapphire.)

a silver-hued silk bag(Show: Dark indigo stitchery zigzags over the entire outer folds of the bag, the pattern nearly identical to the miracle of a spider's web. Intricate silver-hued veniom hooks and loops have been inset around the opening and serve as protection against unwanted fingers. Small onyx-bodied spider charms adorn every other loop, their fangs emphasized with tiny slivers of indigo sapphire.)

a silver coiling dragon armlet(Show: Crafted of silver into the likeness of a sleeping dragon, this armlet is designed to coil its way around the upper arm, with its large onyx-clawed feet draping around the limb tightly, to hold a snug fit against the wearer. Slitted eyes of blue sapphire peer out from beneath some half-opened lids, keeping a careful watch on its surroundings.)

some ornate body-defining armor(Show: Bound tightly up the sides of the mid-section of the armor, twin rows of indigo-veined ebon veniom hooks and loops have been sewn onto the surface as clasps. Starting just below the left shoulder is shimmering silver stitchwork in a complex spider's web, spiraling down to the left thigh. Imbedded onto the left hip of the armor a smudge of onyx dust has been inlaid in the form of a spider, with its backside embellished with a tiny hourglass-shaped indigo sapphire.)

4. Default

a bone-stitched black sailcloth eyepatch

In the center of the black eyepatch, heavy white thread outlines two crossed bones silhouetted upon a tart. Small golden musical notes have been embroidered along the cotton strap, bordering an embroidered line of flamboyant lettering that reads, "Arrrrr, me matey!"

Winnah! of the CHE ornament contest, designed by Desorceri:

a nest of three owlets ornament

A trio of newborn owlets huddles together, their bright heliodor eyes gleaming. Snow-covered eggshell caps don their heads, with a loop of veniom thread atop the center one. The words, "Twilight Hall, 5108: Love, Peace, and Hope," have been written on a festive red ribbon entwined in the twigs around the base of the nest.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Looks like a piece of Lucky Brand jewelry.

7. Default

I changed career paths and sold it, but when Noldi was a 2-hander dwarf warrior, this was my pet:

a bone-hilted dwarven claidhmore

Formed from the jawbone of a massive troll lord, the bone hilt is intricately carved into the shape of a dragon's body, its wings spread wide, forming the hilts. Engraved the length of the fine blade is the image of fire-red flames that seem to make the blade shimmer, just slightly.

I always liked the first alter I ever had done. I had some 4x steam-flaring axe I had bought off the shelf at a Zul Logoth festival, and I had it altered into "a rusty hatchet with a warped oak haft." Seemed appropriate, and not flashy. I think Vermenh and Swetelove helped me with the idea. I was at the festival for a stealing spree with our little group of thieves and ended up with my first-ever alter. It was a big deal for me, back in the good old days.

peer into mirror

He is holding a massive shadowy black veniom-banded vultite war maul with razor-sharp eonake spikes in his right hand.
    He is wearing a massive black veniom-bound mithril alloy war mask, an oversized shadowy black habergeon trimmed in dark blue veniom, a massive black lootbag crafted from heavy mithril alloy mesh, a transparent infinity symbol with a swirling shadowy interior, some enormous black veniom-toed mithril alloy war boots, a mithril alloy mesh weapons harness, a mithril alloy mesh greatcloak, a winged mithril alloy warhelm

zomg you pimpnasty bastage!
    Lord, protect me from my friends; I can handle my enemies.~Machiavelli

Pick up a bee, but do so in kindness. Thus, you learn the limitation of kindness.~Sufi

Of all the disorders of the soul, envy is the only one no one confesses to.~Plutarch

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pwny-Express View Post
    peer into mirror

He is holding a massive shadowy black veniom-banded vultite war maul with razor-sharp eonake spikes in his right hand.
    He is wearing a massive black veniom-bound mithril alloy war mask, an oversized shadowy black habergeon trimmed in dark blue veniom, a massive black lootbag crafted from heavy mithril alloy mesh, a transparent infinity symbol with a swirling shadowy interior, some enormous black veniom-toed mithril alloy war boots, a mithril alloy mesh weapons harness, a mithril alloy mesh greatcloak, a winged mithril alloy warhelm

zomg you pimpnasty bastage!
    I hope your a giankin, because you have a lot of REALLY big items on you.