Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: When and how did you start playing Gemstone?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Yeah, I used to hate when things got crowded, but now I miss them. Hanging out in the hovel, the trophy room in Thrak's, and later the attic parties in the AI were amazing. I agree that the opening of the EN kinda diluted that - if that never opened, the game would be much more compact, and work well.

-TheE-
    Me too, i'm so fed up with how boring it's gotten that i'm this (| |) close to selling my 200+ alters, gear, and utility wizard and cancelling my accounts. Especially since there's no use in hording all those clothes when I don't even bother hanging out with anyone to show it all off, heh (even if I do hate selling my own designs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

I remember using the auto-roller for almost a week and getting a high end roll of 682. Used that on my sorcerer.

I also remember running into Bob down in the catacombs when he was a youngster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

Wow, I'm suppose to remember these things eh...

Let's see, well, first off, GS wasn't my first simu game, Cyberstrike was...wheeee, what fun THAT was back in the day. Played both for free on AOL, so we're looking at 14 - 15 years ago? Gees...I guess I am addicted.

Was with my ex at the time, he played CS and then moved to GS, and I follwed along after I got over the 'text? thats stupid'. heh.

My now RL husband was on my ex's CS team (go GOM!), and he started at about the same time as we did.

Someone please explain. How can this game be so infuriating and frustrating and still be so damn addicting?
    Last edited by MotleyCrew; 05-25-2008 at 02:51 PM.

When Bob was a youngster?
    He's still tiny in RL and in game. Bless. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
    Someone please explain. How can this game be so infuriating and frustrating and still be so damn addictiong?
    Good question and one I ask myself regularly.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Don't remember. ICE Age. '93? I dunno.
    Last edited by Kyrandos; 05-25-2008 at 09:13 AM.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Loyrl; 04-15-2012 at 10:39 PM.

the auto-roller wad bad-a. bring it back

Quote Originally Posted by Jahira View Post
    the auto-roller wad bad-a. bring it back
    Yes it was, when gs4 came out did ppls stats get lowered to fit the new 660 cap or something like that? Is there a site / sheet that will show me what my stats would be at 0?

I miss all the people that GS used to have in the world during the day, 1300+ would rock. Now the amulet is empty compared to then. Nothing scrolls, I don't have to have my thought window my whole screen when I watch the "merchant" channel. People sitting at the AI, Mine Road, Court Yard, Thraks room, the nook in the Inn, upstairs in North Gate East and West tower. .

Ah the good ol' days, will never have them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Hmm, started when my cousin showed me the game on AOL, I was around 10 at the time, so around 1995. He played Sorlentak and I started a warrior named Loryl, then Loyrl, then Zyril.... then he started Octodeath which I took over. Then I started Octodeathe after Octodeath got deleted.
    Sorlentak was one of the first friends I made in GS. I think last I heard he was playing Nopus.. is he still around?

-Gerbill
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    I feel like Backlash is a baby sea turtle in every thread he jumps in- you want to root for the little guy to make it, but you just know he's going to get eaten before he ever tastes the ocean.