Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: White Ora Slabs

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    Seriously, you two should just make out... maybe take a shower together. Just throwing that out there.
    I'd sooner stab myself in the neck with something sharp.

Or maybe I should stab you in the neck with something sharp for suggesting such a vile situation :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

2. Default

Your internet snarkiness knows no bounds sir I am duly mollified and fear for my safety... Verily.

I made it a point to use 'verily' in my 100th post... I hope it is well received. For two hundred I am considering forsooth, apropos, and schadenfreude
    Last edited by Savageheart; 10-30-2007 at 05:26 PM.

3. Default

I bid 105k!
    Player of Greys
    Discord: Greys#6705

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    Your internet snarkiness knows no bounds sir I am duly mollified and fear for my safety... Verily.

I made it a point to use 'verily' in my 100th post... I hope it is well received. For two hundred I am considering forsooth, apropos, and schadenfreude
    lol
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Summertime View Post
    lets be honest.. White ora is purely for RP purposes. it's only uncommon, and the slabs are 2x, sancted in the hands of the clergy. I honestly don't know if the slabs imbue flares of any kind to their resultant weapons, but I doubt it. Its basically pretty ora.. and ora is available fairly cheap in the forges. I'm collecting white ora for the single purpose of a perfect white ora forging hammer as an RP issue only.

No-ones going to commission a perfect ora weapon when they can have one of the litterally hundreds of Iashas floating around that are 4x and flared.

Furthermore.. neither white ora slabs, nor the weapons that come from them can be 'unlocked' to 4x and have gobs of scripts. That was purely an aspect of Iashas weapons, and has no bearing in this situation. White ora gives a 2x weapon thats sancted... thats it.

Now.. who is going to pay a million+ silvers for that?
    Just thought I would quote this... Summertime I understand where you are coming from in that yes if you're going to use it it's better than it being thrown in the well, but you certainly did come into this thread and attempt to devalue Kit's item (which was just a fishing expedition to see if it's even worth marketting). I think it's great that you're fishing out the tossed slabs, which inturn will bring the materials into the market as usable items (with luck) and potentially bring down the price of forged weapons, but in nearly every post about forging/forged items you attempt to really devalue them and then make requests to purchase/receive items at cost of their mechanical value without regard to "demand/rarity" value.

And Diethx is a chick... I've made the mistake of calling her a him.

Quote Originally Posted by Celephais View Post
    You say that like I bit your head off for doing so! :P

Nah it happens, I have a manly handle I guess.
    You just got Kong'd.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    Nah it happens, I have a manly handle I guess.
    I would suggest upping your estrogen supplements.. *runs and hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Summertime View Post
    I would suggest upping your estrogen supplements.. *runs and hides*
    I would suggest being less of a greedy, cunttastic bitch. *doesn't run and hide, because i'm not a pussy*
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Celephais View Post
    Just thought I would quote this... Summertime I understand where you are coming from in that yes if you're going to use it it's better than it being thrown in the well, but you certainly did come into this thread and attempt to devalue Kit's item (which was just a fishing expedition to see if it's even worth marketting). I think it's great that you're fishing out the tossed slabs, which inturn will bring the materials into the market as usable items (with luck) and potentially bring down the price of forged weapons, but in nearly every post about forging/forged items you attempt to really devalue them and then make requests to purchase/receive items at cost of their mechanical value without regard to "demand/rarity" value.

x2 on the angle.

I don't think Summ ran into a huge wtf with me til the second post in this thread. People often discuss the relative worth of items in auction threads. What the hell though? For free? When garrots first came out (before garroting was released), they sold them on the spitfire and nobody knew what they were. When the system went live, they went for millions.

Obviously, if a person has an item, they know they can sit on it, well it, or give it away, so it's not going to be perceived well to give them those (self-explanatory) options. Duh.
    "We are the change that we've been screaming for."
    - Strung Out, Mission Statement

If you receive rep signed -M, it's probably from me... or one of the other three people using the same signature. In the scheme of things though, do you really care?

Even though I want to speak out against white ora slabs in hope of somehow making an effort to bring down their market value for my own purposes..:

Forging a sancted +6% DF (and extra AvD for those hell-bent on minute AS differences) weapon = fucking awesome.

And you definitely can get sancted weapons flared if the price is right, of course, just throw a bit of 1608 and you've got your "unlocked" Iasha plasma.

Ultimately, perfect forging a sanctified slab into an already high DF weapon, hooking it up with weighting, and placing it in the hands of the properly trained cleric could rock so hard it makes my head spin like the first time I played Starfox.

I kind of hope if ever there is a mining/smelting venture for Artisan skills, that maybe 0x silver slabs could drop, but that they would be sancted. I always sort of thought of silver as being sancted against undead. Very few weapons inspect as it (silver) though. Too bad you can't forge clouded box slabs.

Anyway, they are worth nothing to negative, so put them up for reeeal cheap in your player shop, but shout me a holler first, aite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!