Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Me So Hordy & HoR conversation

1. Default

Originally posted by Xyelin
    Originally posted by crazymage
    i started a new guy on one of the new servers, it sucks being poor
    Come play on dunemaul with us other noobs.
    He's got like 6 characters all level 42-54 on Dunemaul.

GOD FORBID HE LEVELS ONE TO 60! OH NOEZ!! END GAME CONTENT IS SCAREEEE!!!

2. Default

Originally posted by Some Rogue
    I know the other guild (not MSH) isn't mandatory now, but when it was first presented it was made to sound like it would be.

P.S. I'm talking about the guild Uthden formed for everyone's alts.
    Meh...ignore Uthden. I'm not sure where he got the notion he could run with his idea and do as he pleases (People agred it was a good idea, but no guidelines were discussed). I wish I'd seen him post that it was mandatory before he editted...I would have laid into him. NO ONE gave him any authority to make claims like that.

Basically, it's so people level 40ish-55ish (ZF to ST/BRD level range) can find group without feeling like a 'burden' as he put it.

3. Default

Originally posted by Skeeter
    But really, what difference does it make if they all join the guild or not?
    I know it sounds stupid, because it's just a video game but...

It's a hell of alot easier running a guild with 120 active members than it is with 200+ (And we're closer to 200). We've gone through alot of growing pains and had alot of successes lately. We've got a ton of people applying just because we're all of a sudden successful.

Basically, recruiting is closed because it's alot less stressful for the Council people. Someone may seem like a great person when they join, but then two weeks later they're demanding raid spots over other players, and making complaints on matters they have no say in. We've only got 15 level 60 mages, and 12 of them sign up for MC every single week.

Like I said...it's a stupid reason, but it's the truth.

mostly I'm joking, but the quote marks come off really condescending.
    I wasn't trying to be condescending, I just didn't want people to have the impression that it was an auto-invite. As a guild, we've had to close recruiting simply because we have so many people already. There are people of every class that don't get to go to MC/Onyxia simply because there is no room in the Raid.

The "no recruitment" or "extremely limited recruitment" phase we are in now is only necessary to keep existing members happy.

But really, what difference does it make if they all join the guild or not?
    Well, to me it makes no difference. I'd actually prefer it that way, especially for PC/Gemstone folks, but it's counterproductive for us to have guidelines that the Officers can feel free to break when it's convenient. You have to keep in mind that at this point, PC/Gemstone members only make up about 1/3 of our guild.

So it's not as easy as just saying "Hey, these five level 20's are our friends, we are adding them to the guild and ignoring our level 40/mount rule for new members, and we'll also ignore that some of them are from classes that we are not recruiting." All of the restrictions were put in after our merger, when we had enough people, and wanted to avoid becoming one of the huge mega guilds on our server.

I don't doubt that you can all get into HoR, I was just trying to clarify the situation. The rules were setup long before you guys decided to start playing on Dunemaul (I didn't think you guys ever planned to spend your game time here rather than AD). They were meant to exclude other people (because we don't want to turn into a mega-guild), not our PC friends.

Just note I totally snuck into HoR under the radar because my lion form stealth skills are 1337.

That being said Me So Hordy only has a few rules for admission:

1) Know what kind of minivan Parkbandit drives (that's the super secret entrance password)

2) Don't be retarded

3) Don't be a ninja We've got a sweet name let's not tarnish

4) That's about it

5) Numbers are fun

6) Math is hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Maybe I'll switch over from HoR to MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

To be honest, I don't think most of us that joined MSH really have any plans of wanting into HOR
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

I was in HoR and switched to MSH. Partially because it was me (21) and 30 60's on - and partially because of the restrictions, though now I can kind of see where you're coming from.
    [11:16] Harmnone: Wezas, shut the fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol
    My girlfriend plays World of Warcraft better than I do.
    Favorite myspace site: http://myspace.com/badtie

Being in HOR would be nice and beneficial to my priestling, but MSH kicks ass. Although as a founding member of The Barren Fury I should be an honorary member of HOR. :P By the time I even hit 60 though they'll probably have stopped doing instance raids for gear and be busy with BG missions and PVP raids.

Well I'd like to play with all of you guys (in a heterosexual playing a video game way), and just wanted to explain the situation the guild is in.

I had assumed (when Anticor formed it) that MSH was a temp guild that would be abandoned after his 2 work friends reached 40.