Page 1781 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 781128116811731177117791780178117821783 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,810 of 17872

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    'The Democrats didn't fix it!' is your excuse for your chosen candidate to bankrupt the social security and medicare trust funds? Hardly seems like a coherent argument. The ponzi scheme as you've labeled it is the sole source of income for millions of elderly throughout the nation, perhaps you and Trump can explain to them why they should fuck off and starve.
    Again, Trump seeks to fix it via tax revenue from tariffs or elsewhere. I’d rather see it die, preferably sooner than later. I don’t necessarily see eye to eye with Trump on that particular issue, but that’s ok. Kamala Harris, just like every other Democrat going back as far as I am alive, just wants to ignore the problem and kick the bucket down the road for the next President to deal with.

As for your last sentence and explanation to those who rely on government to take care of their most basic needs, I am truly sorry. That is what happens when you place your sole faith in government to provide for you. Government will always let you down. It’s a consistent lesson of history and sociology.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-21-2024 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Again, Trump seeks to fix it via tax revenue from tariffs or elsewhere. I’d rather see it die, preferably sooner than later. I don’t necessarily see eye to eye with Trump on that particular issue, but that’s ok. Kamala Harris, just like every other Democrat going back as far as I am alive, just wants to ignore the problem and kick the bucket down the road for the next President to deal with.

As for your last sentence and explanation to those who rely on government to take care of their most basic needs, I am truly sorry. That is what happens when you place your sole faith in government to provide for you. Government will always let you down. It’s a consistent lesson of history and sociology.
    Trump's tax plan will have a net overall decrease in revenues, minor increase in GDP, blow up the deficit by an extra $3 trillion and primarily benefit the richest few while hurting the low and middle income classes to pay for it all. Study after study has shown his 'plan' would further harm the nation's overall economic stability. His plans always seem to hurt our country, go figure.

Economic Effects of Trump’s Tax Proposals

Using the Tax Foundation’s General Equilibrium Model, we estimate Trump’s tax proposals would increase long-run GDP by 0.8 percent, the capital stock by 1.7 percent, wages by 0.8 percent, and employment by 597,000 full-time equivalent jobs.

We estimate the proposals would increase the 10-year budget deficit by $3 trillion conventionally and $2.5 trillion dynamically. The debt-to-GDP ratio would increase from its long-run projected level of 201.2 percent to 223.1 percent on a conventional basis and 217 percent on a dynamic basis. Increased deficits and a higher debt load would require higher interest payments on the debt that would reduce American incomes as measured by GNP by almost 0.8 percent; the higher interest payments drive a wedge between the long-run effect on output of 0.8 percent and the long-run effect on GNP of -0.1 percent.

Permanence for the individual, estate, and business tax provisions of the TCJA would increase long-run economic output by a combined 1.1 percent when modeled with the cap on SALT deductions limited to $10,000. However, if Trump’s proposal to “get SALT back” means discontinuing the $10,000 SALT cap, removing the cap from TCJA permanence would boost GPD by an additional 0.7 percent, as the SALT cap creates a burden on labor income as well as housing investment.

Exempting tips, Social Security, and overtime pay from the income tax together boost long-run output by 0.4 percent, most of which comes from exempting overtime pay. Creating an itemized deduction for auto loan interest would lead to a slight additional boost in output.

We modeled Trump’s proposed 15 percent corporate tax rate for domestic manufacturing as a restoration of the prior DPAD set at 28.5 percent to reach an effective corporate tax rate of 15 percent. By lowering the effective corporate tax rate for a subset of corporations, it would increase long-run economic output by 0.2 percent.

Trump has also proposed eliminating the green energy tax credits put in place by the IRA. Because the IRA tax credits are temporary expansions, we do not find a long-run economic impact from eliminating them.

We estimate the proposal to impose a universal 20 percent tariff on all imports plus additionally raise the tariff on imports from China to 60 percent (the current Section 301 tariffs result in a weighted-average tariff rate on imports from China of about 10 percent), would shrink long-run economic output by about 1.3 percent. To illustrate the potential harms from foreign retaliation, we estimate the impact of a 10 percent tariff on all goods exports plus additional in-kind retaliation on US goods exports to China. We estimate retaliation would reduce US GDP by an additional 0.4 percent in the long run while raising no additional revenue for the US government.

However, the tax changes Trump has proposed would not be felt evenly across all income groups. In general, Trump has proposed tax cuts that provide a larger relative benefit to higher-income taxpayers, while his major proposed offset of higher import tariffs falls harder on lower- and middle-income taxpayers.

https://taxfoundation.org/research/a...tax-plan-2024/

I don’t care who you are, this is funny:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Trump's tax plan will have a net overall decrease in revenues, minor increase in GDP, blow up the deficit by an extra $3 trillion and primarily benefit the richest few while hurting the low and middle income classes to pay for it all. Study after study has shown his 'plan' would further harm the nation's overall economic stability. His plans always seem to hurt our country, go figure.
    Are those the same people that said inflation would be transitory, the laptop from hell was Russian disinformation and gave us the "Russia, Russia, Russia" hoax?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Social security needs to be fixed. You're not going to like the society you live in when you're tripping over half-dead 80 year old's sleeping in the gutters.

The biggest problem is that social security was never intended as a retirement account for everyone. It was an agreement to take care of the disabled and impoverished elderly so they are not dying in the streets and causing outbreaks of disease.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 10-22-2024 at 06:45 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
    i made a post not directed at you and then you swoop in with your creep rage and start whining at me. lol fuck off you incel weirdo
    That's rich coming from the retard who's been trying to crawl up my ass for a solid 10+ years straight.

You asked a question, and I answered it. Sorry if it hit so close to home that it caused you to rage out.

Plus you know...this:

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
    oh hey, I guess the thread hasn't reached it's quota today for posts from fat, old and bald redneck incels. thanks for taking care of that methais.

i think this is also when you reply and start crying that i made fun of you
    Get some self awareness you fucking dumbass.

If you had a father in your life growing up, you probably wouldn't have these issues.

lol @ you calling anyone an incel when you literally suck on strange dicks for a living though

You can go ahead and shut the fuck up now.

In before you cry about this post being "too long" because you're that retarded.

Last edited by Methais; 10-22-2024 at 08:29 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Social security needs to be fixed. You're not going to like the society you live in when you're tripping over half-dead 80 year old's sleeping in the gutters.

The biggest problem is that social security was never intended as a retirement account for everyone. It was an agreement to take care of the disabled and impoverished elderly so they are not dying in the streets and causing outbreaks of disease.
    Point taken and fair enough, but as we seem to agree the system is fundamentally flawed.

Blog Entries

Point taken and fair enough, but as we seem to agree the system is fundamentally flawed.
    Oh, it's fucked.

It's fixable though.

First you cut military spending by 250 billion a year, for 10 years, to pay back the 2 trillion that was barrowed by Clinton. Tax childless adults 2x the current rate, remove the cap and make payments only available to those the program was intended for.

or

Get rid of it and live with Justinian like plagues every 50 years.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Oh, it's fucked.

It's fixable though.

First you cut military spending by 250 billion a year, for 10 years, to pay back the 2 trillion that was barrowed by Clinton. Tax childless adults 2x the current rate, remove the cap and make payments only available to those the program was intended for.

or

Get rid of it and live with Justinian like plagues every 50 years.
    I’d seek to change how it works. Instead of the current system, force people to set aside a small portion of their wages / income (same as social security tax) into a retirement account that they own. The risk adverse can keep it as a cash holdings or treasury bond investment. Others could distribute into mutual funds, stocks, or any combination they desire. Maybe have a cutoff period / date. The problem with how it is today and why I call it a Ponzi scheme is it relies on current workers to pay for current beneficiaries. That leaves it susceptible to demographic issues or generations that don’t work at the same capacity as others.

Blog Entries

I’d seek to change how it works. Instead of the current system, force people to set aside a small portion of their wages / income (same as social security tax) into a retirement account that they own. The risk adverse can keep it as a cash holdings or treasury bond investment. Others could distribute into mutual funds, stocks, or any combination they desire. Maybe have a cutoff period / date. The problem with how it is today and why I call it a Ponzi scheme is it relies on current workers to pay for current beneficiaries. That leaves it susceptible to demographic issues or generations that don’t work at the same capacity as others.
    I think you start off by paying back the 2 trillion dollars to fund it until something can be done.

The mob would lose their shit if they woke up and were told "Yea, about the SSI money you have been giving us for the past 30 years, we're keeping it."

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984