Page 1771 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 7711271167117211761176917701771177217731781 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,710 of 17873

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Supply and demand is a theory
    You should go test that theory against mother nature.

Gaia will have you on your knees sucking dick for a walnut.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    You should go test that theory against mother nature.

Gaia will have you on your knees sucking dick for a walnut.
    Chances are he already sucks dick for free.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Ensuring you're the only product, retailer, or service by way of destroying competition and then profiteering is the issue.
    Why do you keep trying to tie this into supply and demand? Again you aren't entirely wrong in this sentence here, but what the hell does this have to do with supply and demand?

If Company A is the only company making widgets, and Company A is charging 100 dollars per widget while it only takes 99 cents to create the widget and widgets are really easy to produce with an abundance of materials to create said widgets, then companies are going to start popping up left and right creating widgets and selling them for cheaper than Company A because the supply is plentiful and the demand is apparently there if Company A is getting 100 dollars per widget.

Let's take the exact same scenario but it costs more like 80 dollars to create the widget because there aren't many materials available to create a widget then the supply is low and the demand is high so they can charge more money.

That is supply and demand, not whatever this nonsense is that you are spouting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    It’s called the law of supply and demand for a reason.

Again, we can find agreement that government should have an active role in upholding a free market & enforcing anti-trust laws. Competition is necessary. Monopolies and oligopolies are bad for the consumer. If you take it further and say that government should cap corporate profits and/or institute price controls on certain goods or services, you are moving away from capitalism and into a command economy. Command economies are bad. It’s been tried before several times and always leads to diminishment of the quality of goods & services + shortages.
    It is a theory, in the same way that Relativity is a theory. It is damn near impossible to prove as a law.

Seran's retarded ass keeps trying to compare it to capitalism and monopolization though. Supply and demand exists in EVERY economic system, including full on communism.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-17-2024 at 04:44 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

BREAKING!
    It is OFFICIAL: Kamala used a picture of a black woman that WAS NOT HER GRANDMA in her autobiography. A Jamaican woman who knew her has confirmed that Kamala’s REAL Grandma Beryl was Irish.

https://x.com/RealCandaceO/status/1846973605768217041

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Great. Now Kamala will sound like Connor McGregor at her next rally.

Great. Now Kamala will sound like Connor McGregor at her next rally.
    Please no ...
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

It’s called the law of supply and demand for a reason.

Again, we can find agreement that government should have an active role in upholding a free market & enforcing anti-trust laws. Competition is necessary. Monopolies and oligopolies are bad for the consumer. If you take it further and say that government should cap corporate profits and/or institute price controls on certain goods or services, you are moving away from capitalism and into a command economy. Command economies are bad. It’s been tried before several times and always leads to diminishment of the quality of goods & services + shortages.
    Price controls in terms of state mandated minimums or maximums shouldn't exist, they're detrimental to industry and the economy both as learned by communist governments. They being said, a government agency that protects from price swings that're the result of competitive practices as defined by federal or state law are both necessary and proven effective time and time again.

I wholly agree also on no government caps on profits as well, with a 100% deduction for domestic research and development, and likewise domestic capital expenditures are good governance. To be clear though, corporate taxes aren't a cap on profits, but the European countries who implemented steep windfall taxes went to far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is a theory, in the same way that Relativity is a theory. It is damn near impossible to prove as a law.

Seran's retarded ass keeps trying to compare it to capitalism and monopolization though. Supply and demand exists in EVERY economic system, including full on communism.
    Just so we're clear, supply and demand as existed in the 17th century is far and away different than today's cost plus model. We no longer exist in a society where the majority of commerce consists of a single person or entity produces and sells it's own product. In the modern industrial / computer age, most goods are purchased and sold from manufacturer, to distributor, to wholesaler or retailer with markups happening every step of the way. As stated originally, the reduction of the cost of a good not translating into a comparable (though obviously not equivalent) reduction in cost to be the consumer is why inflation is such an issue.

Blog Entries

Price controls in terms of state mandated minimums or maximums shouldn't exist.
    No more minimum wage then?

I can now choose how much I pay in income tax?

Last edited by Neveragain; 10-17-2024 at 08:14 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984