Thread: Young Warrior - 12

1. Default Young Warrior - 12

Hello,
    I’m looking for suggestions for my warrior. I’m currently level 12 and have been finding that creatures, mostly undead are getting hard to come by that make sense to hunt near the landing in my age range (9-12). It’s like 1-8 there are tons of options and then from 8-15 the options are so limiting. I currently have an AS of 155 in Advance stance and that is my usual go. My DS is ranging from 108-120 when fighting Death Dirges and Greater Spiders. I sometimes go to the Crystal Golems, it’s just such a small area. Is there a good place to start hunting with a Warrior at certain points? I’m also looking at something that doesn’t take forever to spawn up in a specific area or overcrowded?
    I’ve added my stats below if you see something that I should change up please feel free to mention.
    Thanks

stat2.jpg

stat1.jpg

Blog Entries

Advance stance? Wut? I only ever used offense and defense stance. Get your timing right and you never need to worry about any of those stances in the middle.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Hunting for Voln favor are you?

Check out wraiths (level 15) under the Abandoned Inn (Map - you'll find them in the lower right corner of the map) or you can also find them in the Graveyard (Map - you'll find them at the bottom center of the map).

https://gswiki.play.net/Wraith

Take what I say with a grain of salt as I’m not actively playing today, but a couple of suggestions…

A) Check out the burial mound area of The Graveyard. You should be able to take on the tomb wights (15) and ghoul masters (16) at your level, and that area will give you a nice spot to hunt for the next few levels.

B) Regarding your stance, there is nothing wrong per se with hunting in stance advanced if that is how you want to play, but know that play style is sub-optimal. If you want to play at optimal level, the way to do so is make your attack in stance offense. As soon as your hard RT expires switch to stance defense. Then you just time your attacks so that you limit your exposure time to taking damage as/if necessary. IE. Wait until the monster attacks you and misses (hopefully) and then immediately change stance to offense & smack them in the face.

Now if you are new to this game, I already know what you’re thinking on B. That’s a pain in the ass and a lot of typing. I suggest learning the very basics of scripting and setting key macros. You can creat a simple script that looks like stance offensive, kill (target), wait X seconds to match your RT time, stance defense. That’s a very basic script you can assign to a hotkey and it makes hunting way more efficient & enjoyable in my opinion. You can make different ones for say your warrior tackle or whatever combat maneuvers you are using. This is just the very basic of scripting & macros. The rabbit hole runs deep to the point there are scripts which can basically fully automate the whole hunt for you. It’s up to you how manual or automated you want to make hunting, but plenty of long time veteran players on here can help you with those if you ask.