Page 215 of 220 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2196

Thread: Things that made you frown today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Didn't explain anything. I asked you a question. What do you want the Biden administration to do about it?
    My answer to this would be the Biden administration should simply get out of Israel’s way. We can support Israel as an ally. Let them defend themselves without trying to force them into an uneasy ceasefire & stop the rhetoric of what we may do if they go too far. Israel is quite good at & capable of responding to this kind of aggression.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    My answer to this would be the Biden administration should simply get out of Israel’s way. We can support Israel as an ally. Let them defend themselves without trying to force them into an uneasy ceasefire & stop the rhetoric of what we may do if they go too far. Israel is quite good at & capable of responding to this kind of aggression.
    Are they really in Israel's way though?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

Didn't explain anything. I asked you a question. What do you want the Biden administration to do about it?
    Really? Exactly where did you ask me what I wanted the Biden administration to do about it?

Explain again so simply how 100 cruise missiles is no big deal.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Remember, they'll tell you exactly what they're doing.. if you but listen.

"Our First Amendment stands as a major block to the ability to be able to just, you know, hammer it out of existence".

Despots and tyrants - Bless the writers of the Constitution for understanding, examining, and crafting it based off of human nature, not the era they lived in... They know that narcissists and authoritarians rise to power, because that is how they are wired as individuals. That the people would need protection from their "representatives and leaders", because one day they would come for us all.

Are they really in Israel's way though?
    I’d say we kind of are. On one side of the coin we are supporting Israel as we should. On the other side, this administration has been very critical of how Israel is prosecuting this war. We tell them you can’t do this, or you need to limit civilian casualties (more so then they already do), and we’re pushing them to agree to a ceasefire in which the other side doesn’t even agree to. If it were America defending itself from terrorist organizations like Hamas & Hezbollah, would we show as much restraint or let someone dictate to us how we should defend ourselves? I think not.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-02-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Really? Exactly where did you ask me what I wanted the Biden administration to do about it?

Explain again so simply how 100 cruise missiles is no big deal.
    Let's say I'm asking you now, since you didn't pick it up before.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-02-2024 at 01:48 PM.

Blog Entries

I’d say we kind of are. On one side of the coin we are supporting Israel as we should. On the other side, this administration has been very critical of how Israel is prosecuting this war. We tell them you can’t do this, or you need to limit civilian casualties (more so then they already do), and we’re pushing them to agree to a ceasefire in which the other side doesn’t even agree to. If it were America defending itself from terrorist organizations like Hamas & Hezbollah, would we show as much restraint or let someone dictate to us how we should defend ourselves? I think not.
    Well, we are the US, not Israel. We don't rely on Israel or others to exist.

Well, we are the US, not Israel. We don't rely on Israel or others to exist.
    Fair point on the difference.

To better articulate, I think this conflicting rhetoric from the Biden admin publicly cautioning if not outright scolding Israel for the way they are conducting this war is sending mixed messages if not outright emboldening our shared enemies to retaliate. I’m not sure Iran would have launched those missiles if they 100% knew we had their back. As you said and I agree with you on, Iran launched those missiles for a political theater show of strength because they knew they could get away with it.

Fair point on the difference.

To better articulate, I think this conflicting rhetoric from the Biden admin publicly cautioning if not outright scolding Israel for the way they are conducting this war is sending mixed messages if not outright emboldening our shared enemies to retaliate. I’m not sure Iran would have launched those missiles if they 100% knew we had their back. As you said and I agree with you on, Iran launched those missiles for a political theater show of strength because they knew they could get away with it.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

Let's say I'm asking you now, since you didn't pick it up before.
    Naw, because that was never my point and you getting all puffy about changing the topic isn't really my thing. But thanks for down playing the attack again. Just a bunch of cruise missiles, nothing to see here.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal