Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Carter

Exclamation Jimmy Carter

Tomorrow is Jimmy Carter's 100th birthday!

They took the credit for your second symphony
    Rewritten by machine on new technology,
    And now I understand the problems you could see.

Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter with two political -- and apparently actual -- giants.. Not an altered photo!

3. Default

That photo saddens me. I see current party members abusing the legacy of a family, an American family. It's just not right. The Carters were the last true Democrats.
    Last edited by Furryrat; 09-30-2024 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    That photo saddens me. I see current party members abusing the legacy of a family, an American family. It's just not right. The Carters were the last true Democrats.
    He was a Marxist through and through and he greatly damaged the power of the Presidency, the standing of the US world wide and abandoned the Shah which has lead to the terrorist filled world we live in. He saddled us with the Department of Education and greatly expanded the overreach of the EPA. Amazing as hell when you consider he was an intelligent guy that was a nuclear submarine commander. His nuclear treaties put us at a serious disadvantage both strategically and technologically. His economic policies crippled the US and took nearly a decade to recover from. There is almost nothing in his policies that was of any benefit to the civilized world at all other than the Camp David accords and since all the details were pretty secret, we don't know what all he sacrificed to make that happen.

That said, the guy was a great statesman and did a lot of good for the world AFTER he left office and couldn't pull the levers of power much anymore.

I used to think he was great as a kid, I even wrote him a letter and got a picture back from the office of the President. He is the epitome of the intellectual white Leftist filled with white guilt and self hate.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I think this photo is an optical illusion. It would not have been apparent to someone in the room, who would have been able to see from multiple angles, but when restricted to the single point of view of the camera, an Ames effect sets in. Am I right?

If you are looking for something light to read, I recommend Jimmy Carter's book "An Hour Before Daylight: Memoirs of a Rural Boyhood." If you've read it, what do you think he meant by this cryptic sentence at the end of chapter 8? It was an elegant Southern thing to say.

I never said anything to Daddy, but I've never passed Mrs. Free's place since then without wondering how Daddy knew to go to the back door and where the turkeys were . . . and why it took him so long to settle up.

Blog Entries

Crazy that Biden is only 19 years younger than him.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

ClydeR wishes it was Jimmy Carter that replaced Joe Biden as the 2024 Democrat nominee.

I think this photo is an optical illusion. It would not have been apparent to someone in the room, who would have been able to see from multiple angles, but when restricted to the single point of view of the camera, an Ames effect sets in. Am I right?
    Wrong.

This is actually a life sized Barbie wax sculpture of the Carters gifted to the Smithsonian by the USSR.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-01-2024 at 10:09 AM.

WOW CLYDERETARD NOTHING GETS BY YOU DOES IT YOUR MOMMY WOULD BE SUPER PROUD OF WHAT A SMART LITTLE BOY SHE RAISED!!!!!!
    Last edited by Methais; 10-01-2024 at 04:27 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible