Page 766 of 766 FirstFirst ... 266666716756764765766
Results 7,651 to 7,653 of 7653

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Good look for Haley? I don't think so. Perhaps she'll seek the GOP nomination again in four years. By then, the conflict and public opinion could turn in a completely different direction.

My only hope is that they are also swabbing the artillery bores with bacon grease.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    A wise prophet once asked "Would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope, do you think he's a fool?"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

This story from Vermont is one of the more bizarre stories I've seen of childish legislative misbehavior, not including the US Congress, which recently has more childishness than state legislatures.

Rep. Mary Morrissey (R-Bennington) faces an ethics investigation into whether she harassed Rep. Jim Carroll (D-Bennington) by secretly soaking his stuff several times during the recent legislative session, according to multiple sources familiar with the situation.

Rep. Angela Arsenault (D-Williston) told Seven Days that she has seen a video that clearly shows Morrissey leave her Statehouse committee room, walk over to a bag outside Carroll's committee room and dump a cup of water into it.

"It was jaw-dropping," Arsenault recalled on Friday. "It was bizarre. Why? That's what I kept saying. Why?"

"It wasn't like 'Oops, I bumped my arm, and some of it spilled on this bag,'" Arsenault added. "There was no way this was inadvertent. It was purposeful."

Morrissey could face disciplinary measures if a confidential investigation under way by the House Ethics Panel concludes she violated the body's ethics rules.

More...

He installed a small $23 spy camera in the hallway pointed at the coatrack outside his committee room. He took the video evidence to House Speaker Jill Krowinski (D-Burlington), who confronted Morrissey about it.

Krowinski has been out of the country and unavailable for an interview.
    Morrissey initially denied responsibility, Carroll said, but in a follow-up meeting where Carroll was present, she apologized to him.

"It was a very uncomfortable meeting," Carroll recalled.

More...

A Republican lawmaker publicly apologized to a Democratic colleague before the Vermont House of Representatives after she was caught on video pouring water into his bag multiple times over the course of five months.

“I am truly ashamed of my actions,” Representative Mary Morrissey, who serves Bennington, Vt., said at a House veto session Monday.

More...