Thread: An old list of "valuable weapons"

Default An old list of "valuable weapons"

I just found a very old hard drive and it has a document that was last updated in about 2005, I was keeping track of valuable weapons and who owned them. This info is about 20 years out of date but I figured someone else might enjoy seeing it as much as I did. Also interesting to see what was considered high end back then.

Wickedly serrated glaes bastard sword – 10x, old style. owned by Kallemor, previously Tedra.

a double-bladed eonake battle axe – 8x, permablessed. Owned by Chivalrous, previously Tamral.

Wrought of pure white eonake, the twin crescent-shaped blades of this large axe are carved to resemble the outspread wings of a soaring dragon. The mythical beast's tale coils sinuously around the axe's long ironwood haft and its head protrudes above the razor-sharp blades. Clenched within the carved dragon's maw is a single dwarf-cut dragonfire opal that glows with a pale flickering light. The single word, "Releaser" is
    deeply etched upon the haft. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

massive black rolaren war maul etched with dark crimson runes – 5x blessable, owned by Varsus

Glaes-hafted heavy granite stormhammer – owned by Ebineezer/Omah, previously owned by Chivalrous, Skautte, and Ravinold

+15
    strong Lightning flares [every 3-5 swings]
    Self mana Call wind. (Which never seems to fail to knock its target down)
    Self mana Quake like spell[Stuns targets for 5 rounds with critical damage and knockdown. Works on things above your train]
    (I was also told a storm spell though I have not activated it yet)

(show)
    At one end, you see a leather strap wrapped around the base of a six-foot-long glaes haft. At the other end, a large granite block is attached via mithril straps wound several times over. A curious white-blue aura seems to emanate from the very granite itself.

(Loresong)

As you sing, a multitude of images flashes through your mind. Slowly, the images seem to focus, and you can make out the details. You see a cluttered workshop atop the snowy peaks of Glatoph. The images shift closer as you make out a giantman slaving over a hot forge.

As you continue to sing, the images refocuses once more. You see a giantman laboriously crafting the heavy granite stormhammer from the raw materials laid out before him. As he works, he is chanting some arcane verses that you can't quite make out.

As you continue to sing, the images refocuses once more. The giantman is inscribing runes of power upon the heavy granite stormhammer. Each rune glows brightly then fades into invisibility.

Your song continues to clarify and focus the images from the past. The giantman blacksmith raises the heavy granite stormhammer and chants an arcane phrase. Flashes of lightning and winds stir all around him. Just at that moment a giant lightningbolt strikes the heavy granite stormhammer and is absorbed into it. The giantman smiles approvingly and begins to polish the heavy granite stormhammer. The images completely fade from your mind.

rub stormhammer
    As you rub the heavy granite stormhammer, it pulses once with an irridescent aura. Crackles of static electricity sparkle upon the heavy granite stormhammer.
    >

>turn stormhammer
    You grasp the heavy granite stormhammer firmly by the leathern straps and spin it in front of you. The stormhammer spins faster and faster until it becomes a blur of motion.

As you manipulate your stormhammer, a scintillating silver aura engulfs you.
    A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
    A kiramon worker is knocked over by the wind.
    The wind then subsides.

You feel the heavy granite stormhammer drawing mana from you.
    Roundtime 15 Seconds.

(This is a Mass quake like spell that will strike up to 6 creatures..(Maybe more but never tested that)

>raise stormhammer
    You raise the heavy granite stormhammer high in the air and then smash it down upon the ground. A thunderous din rings in your ears as the stormhammer makes contact with the ground throwing dirt and rock everywhere. A shockwave emanates from the epicenter of the stormhammer and ripples outward.

A kiramon worker is overcome by the shockwave.
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Severe low back pain! The kiramon worker gasps.
    It is knocked to the ground!

You concentrate on projecting the illusion of a violent quake.
    Suddenly, the ground seems steadier.

You feel the heavy granite stormhammer drawing mana from you.
    (Forcing stance down to offensive)
    Roundtime 23 Seconds.

Item has sold regularly for 65mil.
    Selling for the coming weekend only for 35mil because after that I won't need the money.

a dual-bladed silver vaalin waraxe.
    10x blessable bastard axe
    Switchable one or two handed
    Weighs 3 lbs.
    99/250
    Sold by Tsin to Tatiyanna

a guardless oak-handled greatsword
    The simple handle, its waisted-grip long enough for two hands if needs be, sits unbound by any wrapping or protected by any guard or quillion. Striking out from this simple hilt, a long single-edged steel blade gracefully curves forward in a gentle arc. Only a narrow fuller adorns the metal, which has been carefully preserved over the years. Elegant in its simplistic beauty, the blade still remains keenly honed to a razor-sharp edge, however. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
    +47 greatsword, owned by Stay

a quicksilver-veined bastard sword with a carved purple daisy pommel 2x +40 damge weighted bastard sword

A fel-hafted woodcutter's hatchet - +47 exceptionally crit weighted bastard axe

an-ivory hilted vultite espadon
    . 90/240
    You see a vultite espadon with an ivory hilt carved in the likeness of a curled dragon. Curious elven runes etched upon the length of the blade seem to shimmer and shift in the light, as you turn the blade over.

it will cast e-wave (410) when raised, great to have in your backpack for a quick macro even if ya don't use these weapons. 20 mana per use

an ancient rhimar hafted battle axe
    weighs 7 pounds, 85/195, 10x

has this show:

The imposing twin blade of the battleaxe is masterfully forged from an alloy of rolaren and golvern, resulting in undulating shades throughout. The haft of the battleaxe is cast of solid ice-blue rhimar, etched with sinister looking runes coiling downward in a demented manner around it. A solid drake-like claw crafted from pure rolaren makes up the base of the battleaxe, with a burnished black diamond set within it. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

a scarlet golvern twin flail. A thick heavy chain covered with nicks and scratches from an untold number of conflicts bind a pair of fat golvern foot long cylinders to an extended wooden handle. Imposing steel nails poke out from each cylinder from top to bottom, with some of them exhibiting heavy damage from extended use. A scarlet leather strap wraps tightly down the long handle, ending in a brass lion head, frozen in mid-roar. You also notice a small enchanter's mark. 7 enchants exceptionally damage weighted, was told it was grand auction or something but who knows. Quick swinger with damage weightin forged at 84/249

a white eog battletaxe
    1x natural sanctified battleaxe 85/185 - 7.5m
    - Ebladeable to 5x. Stays sanctified

a massive ironbound mattock
    4x incredibly crit weighted mattock - 60m
    Has eighty percent of the weighting of a claid but with a mattock base. No AS
    penalty and a faster RT.

A crooked broom-stick 5x mattock From an invasion long ago, the only enchanted broom-stick that I'm aware of in all the lands. ET'ed to 5x.

A gargantuan ironwood mattock wrapped in thick steel bands - 4x incredibly crit weighted - minimum bid 50 million

an eonake laced leather whip 7x sanctified two-handed whip This is the only two-handed whip that I know about in the game. It was the very first whip in all of Gemstone. Dating back to ice age, it was found after an invasion and given by Starsnuffer to Misdy

Monstrous krodera greatsword- 10x, damage weighted, also owned by Ber

A warchief's claidhmore- 4x claid, owned by Berr, sold for 50 million in Aug. 2005, now owned by Valicar

a golvern-edged serrated battle axe - 5x incredible crit weighted bastard axe. Weighs 4 lbs. Tsin asking 225m.. dropped to 200m

a blue laen battle axe. 7x two hander. self mana spirit strike. old style single mana.
    Tsin asking 225m.. dropped to 175m

a gold accented black vaalorn katana
    5x (+23) heavy crit weighted Katana with Zaetuati scripts. MB 10 mil

silver-edged black vultite claidhmore – owned by Hughmungis

a sinister eonake claidhmore

a rolaren twohanded sword -5x heavily damage weighted, sold for 5m to seidel(?)

a stained hand and a half broadsword – 7x old style bastard sword, flares acid weighs 5 pounds. Owned by Pyorcite. AIM: PyrociteXv

an oily black vultite maul -5x, THW, maul base, poisons, Won by Celery at 05 FP
    a solid stone mattock – show: The stone mattock is obviously carved from a single large stone. The deep grey stone is unlike any that you have seen before. The mattock looks as old as time itself, and seems to glow with an inner power. 3x, THW, war mattock base, weighted, weighs 15, 99/290, casts Quake when tapped Won by Ver at 05 FP
    a heavy eonake-sheathed oak tetsubo - 6x, THW, maul base, sancted, somewhat crit weighted, lightened to 6 pounds, 90/235 Won by Maati at 05 FP
    krodera inset silver runeblade - 8x exceptionally bastard sword Owned by Neimanz

jagged edged crimson krodera waraxe - 8x heavily crit weighted bastard axe Owned by Neimanz, Now Avantos

a razor-sharp rolaren kheten
    (10x, battle axe, acid flares)
    show: Intricately-etched jagged thorns twist their way down the length of the blade. Where the blade meets the haft, the etchings blend seamlessly into identical carvings, which continue to wrap the haft and end in a wicked obsidian spike. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.
    Owned by Hakonne

a diamond and star iron-edged falchion - 70,000,000 silvers You see a glyph-like mark on the star iron-edged falchion:
    +
    |_)
    |_ }
    | )
    |
    |
    "The Matross" is written below the mark in small, light writing.

You also notice a small enchanter's mark After a careful inspection you determine that a diamond and star iron-edged falchion requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively

a serrated-edged black star iron dagger with a chipped bone hilt.
    25/+20 Defender - 42/270

a veil iron hilted black glaes falchion
    weighs 10lbs, 8x(+40) and acid flaring
    Minbid: 14million
    Buyout: 20million
    Andiago's Player

2) a midnight black falchion
    >A faint aura of holy light radiates from the falchion.(blessed)
    weighs 3lbs, 7x(+35), and is blessable(GREAT FOR PALADINS and SANCTIFY!)
    Minbid: 20million
    Buyout: 30million
    Andiago's Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Blog Entries

Cool list. See a few of my old weapons in there:

an oily black vultite maul
    I bought and then resold this to/from Madmountn

a white eog battletaxe
    1x natural sanctified battleaxe 85/185 - 7.5m
    - Ebladeable to 5x. Stays sanctified
    I had this in my old shop. I think Ardwen or some other collector bought it. No clue where it went.

a massive ironbound mattock
    4x incredibly crit weighted mattock - 60m
    Has eighty percent of the weighting of a claid but with a mattock base. No AS
    penalty and a faster RT.
    This one was altered and eventually enchanted up to 6x by me. Not sure who owns it now. There was another identical or similar one that Tsin got up to 10x.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Quote Originally Posted by WRoss View Post
    Cool list. See a few of my old weapons in there:

[/I][/I]This one was altered and eventually enchanted up to 6x by me. Not sure who owns it now. There was another identical or similar one that Tsin got up to 10x.

Did I sell it to you? I thought my character still owned this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Blog Entries

Now that you mention it, I think you did sell it to me. It had base material of rolaren which I eventually altered it to show as "a massive rolaren mattock" or something simple like that.

Things are hazy from that long ago, though, so I could easily be misremembering things.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

A fel-hafted woodcutter's hatchet became my lochaber, with a bunch of steps in between of course
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

6. Default

I see my name on that list .. neat. I've owned a few of the weapons on here over the years I guess almost 30 of them .. crazy when you think about it. I also owned both of those Stone hammers .. one was a mattock and one I think a morning star. They had a quake and would petrify critters... turn to stone on flares. It's nice to see Berr's weapon on there .. I sold Nodred that scarlet flail not to long ago .. it was released in an auction maybe 25 years ago. I think I got it from Tsin. It had a sister flail that was the crit weighted one. I spent years looking for it but all trails ran cold. I still have my 30cer crit weighted flail that I got before I became a lord .. It may have been an invasion item. Damn sometimes they dropped incredible things.

Ravinold
    Head explodes in flames! Grab some marshmallows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I see my name on that list .. neat. I've owned a few of the weapons on here over the years I guess almost 30 of them .. crazy when you think about it. I also owned both of those Stone hammers .. one was a mattock and one I think a morning star. They had a quake and would petrify critters... turn to stone on flares. It's nice to see Berr's weapon on there .. I sold Nodred that scarlet flail not to long ago .. it was released in an auction maybe 25 years ago. I think I got it from Tsin. It had a sister flail that was the crit weighted one. I spent years looking for it but all trails ran cold. I still have my 30cer crit weighted flail that I got before I became a lord .. It may have been an invasion item. Damn sometimes they dropped incredible things.

Ravinold
    I still grab invasion weapons when I see them. Now they just look cool, but you never know. One could be a 50 cer crit, 50 cer damage battle axe or something.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord