Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Speakership

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    And women wonder why we constantly think about the Roman Empire...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Lots of idiots believe they are justified and on the right side of history because somehow the West helping displaced Jews find a place in this world with their ancestral homeland is the evil white man patriarchy colonialism and all that. Never mind that Palestine was never a nation and Jews were there long before Muslims.

Fun fact: When the Romans conquered & destroyed Israel, they were the ones to call that area Palestine as a direct insult to the Jews they subjugated. It was named after the ancient civilization the Philistines which was Israel’s biblical mortal enemy.
    That isn't really known, to be honest. The name for the area being Palestine is older than the Romans. They combined the two provinces of Syria and Judea to create one province they called Syria Palestina. They aren't actually sure if it happened before or after the Jewish revolt or even which emperor did it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That isn't really known, to be honest. The name for the area being Palestine is older than the Romans. They combined the two provinces of Syria and Judea to create one province they called Syria Palestina. They aren't actually sure if it happened before or after the Jewish revolt or even which emperor did it.
    It’s true modern historians are challenging that. They also are no longer certain if the Philistines were part of the dreaded sea people responsible for the ruin of ancient Egypt & collapse of civilization at the time. There is a lot we don’t know. Much about an antiquity are stories & historian’s interpretation based on the little evidence we have.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 11-03-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    And women wonder why we constantly think about the Roman Empire...
    It's impossible for me to think about the Roman Empire without thinking of this:

Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2023 at 04:59 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

that dude ain't going to do that shit
    Sounds like this is going to happen, I appreciate your efforts here. Im giving you all the credit if it does in fact happen.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Didn't mean to kill civilians... Did they expect to find just the IDF at that music festival?
    Yeah, when a BBC reporter asked him about the videos and footage of them shooting into toilets, killing families while they slept, and murdering those people at the music festival, he decided to just end the interview and complained later, that it wasn’t fair to be asked those questions. Lol
    Last edited by Solkern; 11-04-2023 at 12:59 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Sounds like this is going to happen, I appreciate your efforts here. Im giving you all the credit if it does in fact happen.
    Thank you Gelston for helping release 40,000 of the 44,000 unreleased hours of video. Much appreciated!
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

In his acceptance speech for the speaker position in October, Johnson said he believed God had placed him in his new position of power..

I want to tell all my colleagues here what I told the Republicans in that room last night. I don’t believe there are any coincidences in a manner like this. I believe that scripture, the Bible is very clear that God is the one that raises up those in authority. He raised up each of you, all of us, and I believe that God has ordained and allowed each one of us to be brought here for this specific moment in this time. This is my belief.

More...

He gave more detail about his divine appointment on November 28 in a closed speech to Christian legislators. He believed the speech was not being recorded -- a foolish assumption these days. Rolling Stone was one of the first news sources to report on the speech. I imagine it will be everywhere by the end of today..

Johnson addressed the National Association of Christian Lawmakers at the group's award gala at the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C. Perhaps unaware that the event was being recorded for the NACL Facebook page, Johnson told the crowd: "I'll tell you a secret, since media is not here." ("Thank you for not allowing the media in," Johnson added, alleging that journalists have been taking his comments "out of context" with "great joy for the last few weeks.")

Johnson then revealed that — in the lead up to the "tumult" of Kevin McCarthy losing his gavel and the chaotic GOP process of selecting new Speaker — he had been speaking directly to God. "Look, I'm a Southern Baptist, I don't wanna get too spooky on you," he said, provoking some laughter from the attendees. "But, you know, the Lord speaks to your heart."

The message he received from God, Johnson said, was to prepare for a "Red Sea moment" — both for the Republican conference "and in the country at large." Johnson said found the directive confusing but he continued to seek the counsel of God.

"The Lord began to wake me up, through this three-week process, in the middle of night to speak to me," Johnson insisted. "Now at the time," he continued, "I assumed the Lord is going to choose a new Moses." But because of his own lesser rank among the GOP's leadership, Johnson said, he believed the heavenly message to be: "You're gonna allow me to be Aaron to Moses," citing the role of the Old Testament prophet's brother and biblical sidekick.

But then Johnson watched as candidate after candidate failed to generate the necessary Republican support to win the Speakership. "Ultimately 13 people ran for the post. And the Lord kept telling me to, ‘Wait, wait, wait,'" Johnson recalled. "So I waited, I waited. And then at the end … the Lord said, ‘Now step forward.'" Johnson regaled the audience with his surprise to be tapped as the Moses figure: "Me?" Johnson said. "I'm supposed to be Aaron." But that was not the message, Johnson insisted, recalling: "‘No,' the Lord said, ‘Step forward.'"

More...

Johnson needs to prove it. If God really asked him to be the new Moses, instead of Johnson having delusions about his self-importance, then he will be able to turn a staff into a snake. If he doesn't have a staff, since they're not as popular as they used to be, he can use the flagpole rioters beat the cop with.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    In his acceptance speech for the speaker position in October, Johnson said he believed God had placed him in his new position of power..

He gave more detail about his divine appointment on November 28 in a closed speech to Christian legislators. He believed the speech was not being recorded -- a foolish assumption these days. Rolling Stone was one of the first news sources to report on the speech. I imagine it will be everywhere by the end of today..

Johnson needs to prove it. If God really asked him to be the new Moses, instead of Johnson having delusions about his self-importance, then he will be able to turn a staff into a snake. If he doesn't have a staff, since they're not as popular as they used to be, he can use the flagpole rioters beat the cop with.
    Maybe he can turn Dylan Mulvaney into a man. Oh wait…he still is one…

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post

Shut the fuck up retard.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible