Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Script Checks

Default Script Checks

I've had 3 script checks in the past couple of weeks across three different characters. Before this, I think the last check I got was about 6 months ago. My playing habits haven't changed. If anything, I play less now. I heard that they tried to do a bunch of spontaneous events for Halloween and went to various towns and everyone they tried to interact with was AFK (lol). They on a mission to put an end to AFK scripting?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    I've had 3 script checks in the past couple of weeks across three different characters. Before this, I think the last check I got was about 6 months ago. My playing habits haven't changed. If anything, I play less now. I heard that they tried to do a bunch of spontaneous events for Halloween and went to various towns and everyone they tried to interact with was AFK (lol). They on a mission to put an end to AFK scripting?

Good it's about time they started doing something about it. Fully automated squads of 15 MA accounts with random trashnames stripmining the game has it becoming unplayable. What's the point anymore?

I got caught picking with my rogue, I can't really complain since it is not like I had never done it before, so I just pay more attention now. They checked me again like a week after, something came dancing in the room and asked me if I like its dancing vote yes or no, I voted yes and was instantly fried. Not sure if that was a script check but sure seemed like it.

Just the other day I came across an unresponsive corpse, fogged him back to town, went back to hunting.

Came across the exact same unresponsive corpse about 20 minutes later, fogged back, etc etc.

I think this happened like 4 times. No idea if the dude was afk scripting, but sure seemed like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Good it's about time they started doing something about it. Fully automated squads of 15 MA accounts with random trashnames stripmining the game has it becoming unplayable. What's the point anymore?
    Yeah this group in HW is insane. Including the gem purification in public areas and scripted, automated healer in that group. Just a big FU to everyone else in the zone.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Yeah this group in HW is insane. Including the gem purification in public areas and scripted, automated healer in that group. Just a big FU to everyone else in the zone.
    That's funny. People on Discord were so looking forward to HW because they could "get away" from large groups like me, even though I had no plans to hunt there anyways, and it looks like someone else is doing it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    I haven't come across anyone that hunts regularly by hand. The players I know that hunt by hand, rarely hunt.

Of the last 100 or so corpses I've come across, I think 2 have been responsive. It doesn't impact me so I don't care. They don't respond, I whisper to them to send me a thought if they want help and I get back to it.

I don't know anyone that scripts that doesn't have their attention stolen from time to time whether that's someone at the door, another window, etc.

I'd venture to guess that the players with 15 accounts are also the people spending enough throughout the year to keep the game going. I've noticed the big MA groups are also the players dropping the most money every event.

If their mission is to get rid of scripting, they might as well shut the game down.
    Last edited by Ramrod; 12-02-2023 at 03:40 PM.

How does that affect your enjoyment of the game? I see big MA groups and it's a lot of scroll, but it doesn't affect me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
    How does that affect your enjoyment of the game? I see big MA groups and it's a lot of scroll, but it doesn't affect me in any way.
    Destroys treasure gen in the area (I get about 1/3rd or less when they are in full swing), massive spam in a common area where id like to RP on occasion, creates spawn distortions in the area. Does that answer your question about how that affects my enjoyment of the game?
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Destroys treasure gen in the area (I get about 1/3rd or less when they are in full swing), massive spam in a common area where id like to RP on occasion, creates spawn distortions in the area. Does that answer your question about how that affects my enjoyment of the game?
    Yeah, you just don't like MA groups and you're grasping at straws to justify it.

"RP on occasion" lol. How exactly does "massive spam" prevent you from RP'ing "on occasion?" I see plenty of people role playing in noisy areas. The funny part is you say "on occasion" because you're not actually trying to RP in the Pipe Den. You just decided that IF you wanted to RP in the Pipe Den, a little screen scroll makes it impossible so it's someone else's fault you're not RP'ing.

I'll help you out though - If you're looking for RP opportunities, try IMT or Haven instead of the Pipe Den.

Everything else you listed can be traced back to shitty game mechanics - loot cap, loot pressure, spawn rates.

Rich areas get hunted till they're poor: That's nothing new
    Large groups create swarms: Nothing new