Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: ERA?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Let’s assume for a moment this is a legit study that we can use. I am not sure that it is, but let’s assume that for just a moment…

You failed to mention a couple things:

Why would you even cite this when it doesn’t support your argument? Over 60% of women are not cool with being drafted.

I will also say that war and being drafted to go fight for your country sounds like a romantic abstract concept to a lot of people. When it’s a real possibility like a WW3 situation where you are actually likely to be drafted & can die a horrible death in combat, I suspect you will find support for that to drastically decrease.
    Why cite it? Because while Solkern has a circle of friends he's apparently talked to about equality in the draft, his anecdotal claim isn't indicative of what a true sampling believes. Women in the military and draft is an interesting abstraction, but really it has got zero implication on whether or not the Equal Rights Amendment should be introduced into the Federal Register now that it has met the minimum ratification threshold. I can see this being done under Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Why cite it? Because while Solkern has a circle of friends he's apparently talked to about equality in the draft, his anecdotal claim isn't indicative of what a true sampling believes. Women in the military and draft is an interesting abstraction, but really it has got zero implication on whether or not the Equal Rights Amendment should be introduced into the Federal Register now that it has met the minimum ratification threshold. I can see this being done under Biden.
    What if a women gets drafted and she says "No because my body my choice." should she still have to serve anyway? Asking for Latrin's mom's cold cut guy's friend.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What if a women gets drafted and she says "No because my body my choice." should she still have to serve anyway? Asking for Latrin's mom's cold cut guy's friend.
    She can choose to go to jail instead.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Racist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Or Canada. Same diff.