Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Hurling Bandolier Enchanting

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dallas View Post
    I had the material changed in mine at the last DR to make it non-obsidian so I could enchant it.
    I REALLY wish I could make mine feras.

Mine's vultite. Will be able to enchant this up possibly to 10x by the next DR. 1 capped wizard and 1 near-cap. Also have the potions. WOOT!

I had a handaxe bando. But for the character I built for this, the bando had to be a spear or javelin (His name is Wachutu). Plan was a sniping spear/jav spirit hurler. I got lucky a few years back. A player returned to the game and I just happened to help answer some questions for him. He asked about a bando he had in his locker. It was an original SPEAR bando from waverunner (not weapon changed)! I made him a fair trade offer including my handaxe bando. I had the flares removed but had no clue i could enchant it, so now i'm super excited Just need to get lucky some day to win a WPS service. Problem is, buying them is ridiculously expensive and they are so rare I only see them getting more expensive as people are more and more willing to blow loads of cash on GS. Also, in my initial testing it was hard to killshot creatures, but maybe it was my skill level back then. Currently just 2hander. Probalby i would be open aiming and sniping depending on situation. Now wachutu is 72 so it might be feasible to switch to pure hurling once this bando gets 10x.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 01-04-2023 at 03:59 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Also, in my initial testing it was hard to killshot creatures, but maybe it was my skill level back then. Currently just 2hander. Probalby i would be open aiming and sniping depending on situation. Now wachutu is 72 so it might be feasible to switch to pure hurling once this bando gets 10x.
    I will say that it definitely depends on what you are hunting. The character that uses my dagger bandolier is 41 and uses hurling pretty exclusively for hunting. He hunts in a group of 5 at the moment. When they were hunting Shattered Moors, he had no problem one-shotting Moor Witches, but Moor Eagles would never killshot.

He does TWC hurling at the moment and can switch over to normal TWC if need be. I've got a couple of really nice daggers and am working on two project pieces that are a falchion base and short sword base that I will eventually put Twin Weapons on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    I will say that it definitely depends on what you are hunting. The character that uses my dagger bandolier is 41 and uses hurling pretty exclusively for hunting. He hunts in a group of 5 at the moment. When they were hunting Shattered Moors, he had no problem one-shotting Moor Witches, but Moor Eagles would never killshot.

He does TWC hurling at the moment and can switch over to normal TWC if need be. I've got a couple of really nice daggers and am working on two project pieces that are a falchion base and short sword base that I will eventually put Twin Weapons on.
    Is there a list of 1-shottable eye critters by level? That would be helpful to find a hunting path for him.

Blog Entries

I wish bandoliers were more widely available, they are so awesome. Especially with the ranged ammo change it would be nice to have thrown be more of a legitimate option.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I wish bandoliers were more widely available, they are so awesome. Especially with the ranged ammo change it would be nice to have thrown be more of a legitimate option.
    I like that they are rare, their lore, backstory of being released for free one time long ago on the wavedancer. Why I built a whole character around just this item, all his alters, concept, etc. is because of imagining what you could do with a spear bando. Also, many don't know this but: bandos are one of the few hurling weapons that can be hurled from hiding without revealing your location, and without having to collect the item and reveal your location in doing so. The original plan for my character was to snipe from shadows, but its not very practical in actual hunting these days due to all the roundtime and most critters being nearly immune to hiding.

Like anything, if they were widely available they wouln't be cool, or special anymore. I think returners are even cooler although they remove you from hiding. They also cost alot more.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 01-04-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    To enchant, leave the item inside the bandolier, pour the potions on the item while it is in the bandolier. And then cast at the item while it is still in the bandolier. This will "anchor" the enchant to the item in the bandolier. Enchanting is the only service that this works with because you don't have to be holding something to enchant it. You can enchant something in a bag, or a disk, or on the ground. All other player services require you to be holding the item.

As I mentioned before, I think they have always been this way, but I don't know for sure. I took my bandolier to 10x last year and the person who just bought the bandolier on Discord has theirs up to +30 last I spoke with them.

Feel free to hit me up if you have questions or need help.
    Hi Lavastene,

I just used a bunch of essence from my two wizards last week to enchant the bando. I think i got it to +32 or +33. I could see it with 405. None of my characters can currently rub the bando in order to remove a spear.

Now today I went to enchant it further, i 405'ed the spear and it says a vibrant green aura! Which is +20 (what it was when i started). Any ideas what happened? It seems I lost all my progress.

When you enchanted yours, did you rub the bando and remove a spear to "finalize" the enchant maybe?

I could rub it and test, maybe its a leftover one or something, but I would need to get 25 thrown ranks on a character, which I will do now but it will take me a few days on my Ranger.

Seems worthy of testing on the test server. Super curious to follow along, despite not having one of my own.

How does test server work? I've never tried it. Do i have to do something to copy my characters over?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    How does test server work? I've never tried it. Do i have to do something to copy my characters over?
    If you're using Lich, there's a "test server" option you can select on the MANUAL ENTRY tab...

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible