Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Working on a new service: automatic middleman

1. Default

well they probably don't like your political stance, and you know FEELINGS!!
    Last edited by beldannon5; 10-21-2022 at 05:23 PM.

shrug, don't particularly like Tgo, odds are the feeling is mutual, however never once have I believed he was untrustworthy. Can be both of those things.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    shrug, don't particularly like Tgo, odds are the feeling is mutual, however never once have I believed he was untrustworthy. Can be both of those things.
    I have nothing against you, I have nothing against almost anyone on the PC/in game. Just a couple of notable exceptions. They know who they are.

4. Default

I've had the guy blocked on PC for years just so I don't inadvertently lose any IQ points reading his posts, but I'd trust this service. I think it's a pretty good idea.

Hating someone's political stance and illogic is a lot different from someone like Dreaven's in-game rep. Even when there is anything protecting ones items/gear in such a service, I'd be pretty surprised if anyone could legitimately call the intention dishonest or a disservice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Alright! Straight from Wyrom himself on Discord:

Dreaven

Today at 3:06 PM
    Hey, GMs, I plan on setting up a """"""""""bot"""""""""" that will help facilitate trades between two parties to help cut down on the number of your paying customers that are getting ripped off by other players. Some people have expressed concern that you will crack down on this """"""""""botting"""""""""" behavior. Can you go ahead and just give me a heads up that you consider it a violation of your rules to help ensure your paying customers don't get scammed by your other players. Thanks in advance!

Dreaven

Today at 3:18 PM
    Item for item, or perhaps the two people can't meet up at the same time so they use a neutral third party as a middleman to facilitate the trade.
    Or "other reasons."
    Point is the ONLY thing that this """"""""""bot"""""""""" would be doing is helping cut down on people being scammed, there is no mechanical or silver advantage whatsoever.
    Wyrom

Today at 3:20 PM
    Only if you name who made up the fact that we even talked about it already.
    Obelin

I hope it's named Escrow.
    Wyrom

Can't crack down on something that no one even heard of.
    We do have a no cash sales bit here on Discord though.
    Dreaven

Today at 3:21 PM
    I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you referring to, I didn't talk about anything about this:/
    Wyrom

Today at 3:23 PM
    GMs aren't cracking down on anything. Why insert a problem where there wasn't one?
    Why the negative spin
    Dreaven

That's what I'm wondering myself.
    But that's what people are telling me they are afraid of.
    Wyrom

So weird.
    Dreaven

So I thought some clarification would help assuage some problems people might be having with this.

Here is how it would work: seller hands item to my character, buyer verifies with my character that seller has indeed given my character the item, buyer pays seller, seller tells my character they have received their payment, buyer can pick up their item.
    My character has no knowledge or requirement of what payment is being used (silvers, items, bloodscrip, etc) my character just verifies from the buyer that they have received payment.
    Wyrom

Today at 3:26 PM
    I don't see an issue with you communicating to Discord if you're going to be a safety net.
    Dreaven

Would this script/character be breaking any rules in game?
    From doing what I have described?
    Wyrom

No, not as the policy is written today.

So there we have it! The script does NOT break Discord rules nor in game botting rules.

So help me test this script! And once all of the kinks are ironed out feel free to use this free service that Wyrom himself isn't against any sort of rules! Feel safer with any transaction you have!

I'm just impressed that you managed to work the word "assuage" into the conversation.

If you could have found a way to include "sausage" in the exchange, the world would have been a better place for us all.

Last edited by Neveragain; 10-22-2022 at 02:46 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

What's hypocritical is... if there are any worries about "scripting", it never occurs during paid events that require thousands of runs to complete to collect enough of a currency to feasibly afford anything.

That "scripting"? Cool.

Other stuff outside of that? Ehhhhh, maybe?

Almost got this script ready.

For silver transactions my character will hold silvers in his bank account and can tell the buyer how many silvers are in the transaction before the buyer gives the seller payment.

For item transactions my character will hold onto the item and before the buyer gives the seller payment my character can whisper the buyer the ANALYZE info, INSPECT info, READ info, REACLL info, and will SHOW the item to the buyer (I can easily add in any other important info as well, but I figure these are probably the most important ones.)

If the buyer then decides they no longer want to proceed with the deal they should CANCEL the transaction, which would then let the seller get their silvers/items back automatically.

Also script will track how many times someone has successfully sold an item with this service, bought an item, how many disputes they have been involved in, and how many disputes have been ruled against them, and this information will be available to anyone who asks and is also whispered to the seller about the buyer and to the buyer about the seller before the transaction is confirmed.

Script will also keep a log of ALL transactions, which will include information such as the seller, the buyer, the item/silvers in the transaction, whether the transaction was completed or canceled or resulted in a dispute. This information will only be available to the person asking and only about transactions they were involved in (so Bob can ask for his information and only transactions where Bob was the buyer or seller will be shared with him.) Also this information will be used if there are any disputes.

This character will be parked in Icemule because Icemule is my home, homie.

I'll let this character/script run for about a month and if there is little/no interest then I will end the service, I will obviously allow any pending transactions to continue before I stop the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah I really like that idea, I have a feeling someone already snatched up the name by now though.

The amount of butthurt on Discord is unreal though, almost matches the amount of butthurt in this thread here.

Who knew trying to help protect people against scammers would bring out the worst in people?
    You should name it ;zaoloo

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    well they probably don't like your political stance, and you know FEELINGS!!
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

watch out for tricks like...

Person whispers, "Person just gave you 100000000 coins which you quickly pocket."