Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TROVE WIN - peak-hooded cloak of ebon suede edged in cloth-of-veniom

this is a gemstone four forum you aren't bidding on fuckin civil war heirlooms bud calm down lmao

2. Default

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...219-cash-sales

More expensive than most items sold at goldins or lelands...

But if you must, here it a site for household crap, usually $25-$150: https://www.auctionninja.com/blog/au...tionninja-faqs
    Last edited by SorcGoods101; 08-29-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Listen, I apologize if I was not clear in my intent for this auction however I stated that it CLOSED at 8pm EST. Y'all don't wait 5 minutes in between your bids, I have never waited 5 minutes between accepting them. If there is a clearer way for me to express my intent in the next, I am open to suggestions. I have done many auctions and this has never been an issue but it is now so I will address it.

your auction your rules, people don't like it they have a right to not bid.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

OP is sticking to his clear rules despite a loss of profit. Props to him.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

6. Default

Re: your auction your rules, people don't like it they have a right to not bid.

I said the same thing to Rogue in a private message. And I did mean my congratulations -- it was a nice item at a very good price.

I have just never seen an auction where there wasn't an allowance for rebidding at the end. 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever. I refreshed and typed my bid (8:01 timestamp).

I just don't like when people say I'm making things up or that this isn't the same as a "real" auction. Many things here sell for "real" money -- whatever value that means to each of us.

You are absolutely correct Sorc, you did PM me and I appreciate that. I am just trying to clarify expectations so that this doesn't happen again. I try my best to ensure all my customers are happy and even if you did not purchase the item, you are still a customer so again, I am open to suggestions on how to remedy. That is the least I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by SorcGoods101 View Post
    Re: your auction your rules, people don't like it they have a right to not bid.

I said the same thing to Rogue in a private message. And I did mean my congratulations -- it was a nice item at a very good price.

I have just never seen an auction where there wasn't an allowance for rebidding at the end. 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever. I refreshed and typed my bid (8:01 timestamp).

I just don't like when people say I'm making things up or that this isn't the same as a "real" auction. Many things here sell for "real" money -- whatever value that means to each of us.
    There's a reason time-restricted auctions aren't as common here: they don't maximize outcomes for the seller and prioritize speed over money. Folks tend to be explicit about their auction rules though. I know you're going to die on this hill, but I'd recommend not reading any rules into auctions that aren't expressly stated.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Yeah I like the idea of extending an auction's end time by 5 minutes every time someone bids, I might try that myself someday, but that should be expressed in the original post.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-29-2022 at 05:42 PM.

I think that is something to think about then. Next auction, I will make my intent 100% clear.