Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Another scripting legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    The creature gen in Nelemar is fine. You’re whining over something that has little impact to you.
    For me it's just a constant reminder that I'm playing with a bunch of freaking bots. It sucks that Bigshot gave this game cancer, which is now inoperable since it's infested like 90% of the player base. Literally last hunt just minutes ago I was poached by one of these bots who don't actually play the game but get rewarded XP/Silvers for it.

You want to talk about pointless whining, that would be litter Nazis. Why the hell do people get so triggered over litter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    For me it's just a constant reminder that I'm playing with a bunch of freaking bots. It sucks that Bigshot gave this game cancer, which is now inoperable since it's infested like 90% of the player base. Literally last hunt just minutes ago I was poached by one of these bots who don't actually play the game but get rewarded XP/Silvers for it.

You want to talk about pointless whining, that would be litter Nazis. Why the hell do people get so triggered over litter?
    I don’t get it. It’s such a minimal impact. Literally can type in “east” and find another critter to fight.

Buncha snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I don’t get it. It’s such a minimal impact. Literally can type in “east” and find another critter to fight.

Buncha snowflakes.
    I haven't hunted much in the past 6 or so months with my capped wizards there, but I find it hard at times to find creatures there to combat because of the swarm of folks running around through the rooms so fast. I can wander the entire place multiple times before I might come across a room that a creature resides and no one else is in there fighting it. It's not a common thing, but it happens enough that hunting there some times can be a pain in the ass. What could be a 5-8 minute hunting session turns into a 15-20 minute session because so many people are there or you have so many people just coming into the room and spamming high end AOE killing spells or wizards that wander through with super high bolting AS, 908 the room in 3-5 seconds with rapid fire active and walk out.

To each their own. If you find it super easy to find more creatures to hunt, then so be it, but sometimes for others it's a struggle with all the dumb fuckers botting about and KSing.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    908 the room in 3-5 seconds with rapid fire active .
    for what it's worth i use 505 and steam bolt only ... i didn't even know what 908 was =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I haven't hunted much in the past 6 or so months with my capped wizards there, but I find it hard at times to find creatures there to combat because of the swarm of folks running around through the rooms so fast. I can wander the entire place multiple times before I might come across a room that a creature resides and no one else is in there fighting it. It's not a common thing, but it happens enough that hunting there some times can be a pain in the ass. What could be a 5-8 minute hunting session turns into a 15-20 minute session because so many people are there or you have so many people just coming into the room and spamming high end AOE killing spells or wizards that wander through with super high bolting AS, 908 the room in 3-5 seconds with rapid fire active and walk out.

To each their own. If you find it super easy to find more creatures to hunt, then so be it, but sometimes for others it's a struggle with all the dumb fuckers botting about and KSing.
    afternoons and evenings are when it is the worst. Pop down to level 2 though and its a ghost town so plenty to hunt there
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Agree, AFK scripting is stealing (i.e. receiving the reward but circumventing the cost, i.e. responsiveness to the gaming environment).

I do what little I can, reporting AFK scripters, congratulating the staff when there's a big AFK scripting bust, and reiterating via feedback that my substantial financial support is contingent on continued aggressive AFK scripting enforcement.

But it does feel like a losing battle at times.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Agree, AFK scripting is stealing
    No it isn't, and you constantly calling it stealing won't make it so.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    for what it's worth i use 505 and steam bolt only ... i didn't even know what 908 was =)
    I don't use 908 myself, but if I remember correctly if you can build up with enough MOC and you can get more guaranteed splashes from 908. In a room with 3 or 4 creatures you're bound to kill them out rather fast using 908. The DF is kind of weak, but the AvD is higher than most other bolt spells so you tend to hit targets easier and sometimes you get good crits from the spalshes. It's not as effective for hitting everything in the room like 518 might be, but with the right training and rapid fire a few casts of 908 to clear a room is cheaper on your mana over casting a few shots of 518.

I mainly use 904 and 510 (having 130 EL:E ranks cranks up the DF on these)....after looking at my cheat sheet for DFs/AvDs for bolt spells I just realized I can evoke major acid (use 904 with Evoke). I should try it out sometime....but I'm sure I'll probably forget about it right after I post this. If something is being difficult and getting a lot of dodges against my bolts, then I'll use 917.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Agree, AFK scripting is stealing (i.e. receiving the reward but circumventing the cost, i.e. responsiveness to the gaming environment).

I do what little I can, reporting AFK scripters, congratulating the staff when there's a big AFK scripting bust, and reiterating via feedback that my substantial financial support is contingent on continued aggressive AFK scripting enforcement.

But it does feel like a losing battle at times.
    Honestly, I'm not even talking about AFK scripters specifically, but even those that "aren't." It's so bizarre to me, that in a game where RP is mandatory, where they even have you rest for XP in order to encourage more interaction, automated hunting scripts are allowed. In any other game, this would be botting and would be illegal, AFK or not. It's insane that you can gain experience and silvers in this game with zero effort.

Granted, I understand that stopping it at this point would kill the game (as I said earlier about it being "inoperable cancer."), but I definitely lament the fact that Simu didn't squash it early on when they had the chance! Now it's absolutely out of control, and likely 90%+ of players do it.

I'm not going to trash on players that avail themselves of it, as that's on Simu, not you. But it sure is a damn blight to this game. Of course, I'm sure several will rebut that you wouldn't play this game if not for botting (at keyboard), and I will simply argue that more people have gotten bored of the game and left, than this stupid system has helped retain. Why else is it illegal in every MMO? Because it's clearly bad for any game, and unfair to reward people for expending zero effort in the game.

And yeah, as I said earlier, getting poached by bots is just a freaking daily reminder that I am playing with robots who are raking in XP/Silvers for no effort.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 07-29-2022 at 10:17 AM.

a game where RP is mandatory
    It's literally not. You're not allowed to be blatantly OOC, but there's nothing in Policy that requires roleplay.