Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    But if OBVIOUSHIDING can be used to in-character inform others that "I'm hiding" even though they didn't search them out, why cannot this flag inform others that "my containers are closed" even if they are not?
    Adventurer 1 is hiding.

Adventurer 1 sees Adventurer 2 walk in the room.

Adventurer 1 throws a tiny rock or makes some weird sound or something at Adventurer 2. Not to attack Adventurer 2, but to alert them that he's there.

This makes no less IC sense than being able to jump out of hiding, punch a critter in the chest, and then hide again while standing right in front of the critter you just punched while they have no idea where you went.

Plus, the person using obvious hiding can still have their kills stolen, because people can just ignore the fact that they know someone is there hiding. I've done it by accident plenty of times, since ;wander doesn't always keep moving when you pass through a room with someone obviously hiding.

If obvious hiding worked like the proposed PP flag, then if you're in a room with someone who's using obvious hiding, you either wouldn't be able to attack anything in the room, or you wouldn't see any critters in the room.

And even then, that person is still actually hiding. Getting "H2U's containers are all closed." while your containers are wide open and you're standing there juggling gems all over the place would be dumb.

I don't really give a shit overall what happens with this since I forget for years at a time that I'm trained in PP, I just think most of the pro-flag arguments are from people being too lazy to use any of the already existing 84032478302 tools in place to prevent and deter pickpockets.

People will deal with shit like mastering alchemy, which is apparently a massive inventory management nightmare (I never bothered with it because fuck that), but can't be bothered to close a container, which again is just an extra command added onto a macro, or an extra line of code on a script for 99% of situations.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-14-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yes yes, I know you're gonna say "Well this is a QoL improvement for not closing my bags!" But it's not a QoL issue, it's completely defeating the point of an entire system.
    And staff has said that their goal is to move this system to be focused on CvE. So, from that perspective, it is a bit of a QoL improvement. And the point of the pickpocketing system will no longer be centered solely around CvC.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I don't really give a shit overall what happens with this since I forget for years at a time that I'm trained in PP, I just think most of the pro-flag arguments are from people being too lazy to use any of the already existing 84032478302 tools in place to prevent and deter pickpockets.
    Honestly, part of my desire to see this is because I am "lazy" due to not having a ton of time to spend in-game. I don't want to have to be fucking worried about closing my goddamn containers because some asshole thinks it's fun to jack shit from my dude.

And staff has said that their goal is to move this system to be focused on CvE.
    Yeah I know, and I find that dumb. Your argument is basically this is what the GMs want so shaddap. That's not how game development is supposed to work, but that hasn't stopped Simu and GMs for the last couple of decades so I don't think it will be changing anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Herbs can be stolen. Herbs are crucial to avoiding catastrophic scenarios when I do solo OSA.
    It's like you want the most boring iteration of Gemstone possible.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Yeah I know, and I find that dumb. Your argument is basically this is what the GMs want so shaddap. That's not how game development is supposed to work, but that hasn't stopped Simu and GMs for the last couple of decades so I don't think it will be changing anytime soon.
    PVE has always been their focus. I can point back decades where they have said they always balance skills and spells around use on NPCs.

PVP/CVC DOES of course exist, but it has always been a secondary, or even tertiary, concern.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Honestly, part of my desire to see this is because I am "lazy" due to not having a ton of time to spend in-game. I don't want to have to be fucking worried about closing my goddamn containers because some asshole thinks it's fun to jack shit from my dude.
    At least you're honest about it. That's more than I can say for Simu.

How about they just remove herbs from pickpocketing? Problem solved for you then?

I'll just assume you agree with the rest of my post.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-14-2022 at 04:14 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

Your argument is basically this is what the GMs want so shaddap.
    To be clear, this is also what I want. I fucking hate CvC in Gemstone and want to nope out of every bit of it.

So here the truth comes out. You just called me an asshole.

The fact that you take it personally is on YOU. It's YOUR problem, not the system's.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    So here the truth comes out. You just called me an asshole.
    It was a generic "asshole," Midgar. But, yes, I think you're an asshole if you find it fun to dip into the pockets of another paying customer.