Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Third Industrial Revolution Will Be Bigger Than the First Two

SAN FRANCISCO: Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk on Thursday said the electric automaker will probably launch a 'Tesla Bot' humanoid robot prototype next year, designed for dangerous, repetitive, or boring work that people don't like to do.

Speaking at Tesla's AI Day event, the billionaire entrepreneur said the robot, which stands around five foot eight inches tall, would be able to handle jobs from attaching bolts to cars with a wrench, or picking up groceries at stores.

The robot would have "profound implications for the economy," Musk said, addressing a labour shortage. He said it was important to make the machine not "super-expensive."

More...
    First of all, if you believe there will be a robot next year that can both screw on bolts and pick up your groceries, then I have a bridge you might like to buy. Second of all, to say that such a robot would have "profound implications for the economy" is a profound understatement. Third of all, such a robot would go much further than reliving a "labour shortage." It would cause unemployment to burgeon. And fourth of all, I want one.

It's scary with how well this news jives with my last post in this thread.
    They took the credit for your second symphony
    Rewritten by machine on new technology,
    And now I understand the problems you could see.

Here is one narrow way to look at human history: after thousands of years of compounding scientific discovery and technological progress, we have figured out how to melt sand, add some impurities, arrange it with astonishing precision at extraordinarily tiny scale into computer chips, run energy through it, and end up with systems capable of creating increasingly capable artificial intelligence.

This may turn out to be the most consequential fact about all of history so far. It is possible that we will have superintelligence in a few thousand days (!); it may take longer, but I’m confident we’ll get there.

More...

"Few thousand days." Does that mean between 5 and 25 years? Should the presidential candidates address this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    "Few thousand days." Does that mean between 5 and 25 years? Should the presidential candidates address this issue?
    Kamala Harris already has!

"I grew up in a middle-class household. For most of my childhood, we were renters.

My mother saved for well over a decade to buy a home. I was a teenager when the day finally came—and I can still remember how excited she was.

In college, I worked at McDonald’s to earn spending money. Some of the people I worked with were raising families on that paycheck. They worked second or even third jobs to pay rent and buy food.

That only gets harder when the cost of living goes up.

When I am elected President, I will make it a top priority to bring down costs and increase economic security for all Americans."
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

4. Default

She has been unburdened by the truth.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

U.S. electricity use is soaring after staying flat for 15 years, driven by new factories, data centers, electric vehicles, hotter summers, and more.

More...
    Have you been hearing the phrase "Nuclear Renaissance"? The enormous power required for AI will surpass what the country is currently capable of producing. In the near future, nuclear power plants will be built for a single AI, with the AI "inside the fence."

This demand for power is reviving interest in nuclear technology.

Amazon on Wednesday said it has a plan to feed its growing need for power: investing in small nuclear reactors. The announcement comes just two days after Google said it's pursuing a similar path by purchasing nuclear energy from Kairos Power.

The tech giants are seeking new sources of carbon-free electricity to meet surging demand from data centers and artificial intelligence, with their plans coming after Microsoft said last month that it will buy energy from the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant.

All three companies have been investing in solar and wind technologies, which make electricity without producing greenhouse gas emissions. Now they say they need to go further in the search for clean electricity to meet both demand and their own commitments to cut emissions.

More...
    I think it's great, so long as the nuclear power plants are built in other people's neighborhoods.