Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confirmed: SMR bonus cap

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The officials and Discord are so toxic and detrimental to the game. People just jump in to defend GM actions no matter how asinine or absurd the action in question is.

Like how can anyone be against the suggestion to have GMs document changes they make to the game, especially a change to combat they apparently did an evaluation of.
    All changes should be documented and public.

Dragonrealms has an awesome change log on their wiki. Why in the actual fuck can't GS do it?

No, just kidding, we know why. Because the majority of GS GMs are toxic fucks, supported by some toxic fucks of players.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Dragonrealms has an awesome change log on their wiki. Why in the actual fuck can't GS do it?
    In that thread on the officials Estilid said the GMs have a whole process to document all changes to the game and give this information to the players. I sure as heck have never seen or heard of where this information might be. I know a couple of times a year they post something boasting about the changes they have made to the game, but from what I recall this list is by no means anywhere near complete and as I said is usually updated only a few times a year, certainly not updated on a daily or even a weekly basis.

Estill is chief toxic mother fucker. Also a lying sack of shit.

Here's the DR changelog for 2021. Read it and weep at why the fuck can't GS do this.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Dragon...Updates_(2021)
    Last edited by caelric; 05-27-2021 at 09:45 AM.

I see Naijin came through and explained some thing, but this paragraph gets my goat:

I know this wasn't the point of your post and I do agree with a changelog (that's another topic), but I don't want someone reading this and misinterpreting it. There were situations where creatures and players were hitting far more of a penalty than we from wounds stacking up. We get alerted when a SMR modifier is outside the bounds of the design which is why it was noticed and why it was corrected. This change had nothing to do with 917 itself, or PSM: Phase 2. If it was intended as part of Phase 2 it would have been in the design document with everything else.

-Naijin

I don't believe him. Sure, he provided an answer as to why the change was made to cap the wounds/health loss bonus, but it doesn't make any sense.

I called him out on the load of shit answer on the officials, but I'm sure I won't get a reply.

I still feel the change was a stealth nerf to the SMR system, but they got caught and had to find some kind of answer for us. 917 has been out for years, it was released in December of 2016. 4 full years of SMRv2 goodness from Earthen Fury. It took them 4 years to finally decide that "a SMR modifier is outside the bounds of the design which is why it was noticed and why it was corrected."

Bah...what a load of shit.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I see Naijin came through and explained some thing, but this paragraph gets my goat:

I know this wasn't the point of your post and I do agree with a changelog (that's another topic), but I don't want someone reading this and misinterpreting it. There were situations where creatures and players were hitting far more of a penalty than we from wounds stacking up. We get alerted when a SMR modifier is outside the bounds of the design which is why it was noticed and why it was corrected. This change had nothing to do with 917 itself, or PSM: Phase 2. If it was intended as part of Phase 2 it would have been in the design document with everything else.

-Naijin

I don't believe him. Sure, he provided an answer as to why the change was made to cap the wounds/health loss bonus, but it doesn't make any sense.

I called him out on the load of shit answer on the officials, but I'm sure I won't get a reply.

I still feel the change was a stealth nerf to the SMR system, but they got caught and had to find some kind of answer for us. 917 has been out for years, it was released in December of 2016. 4 full years of SMRv2 goodness from Earthen Fury. It took them 4 years to finally decide that "a SMR modifier is outside the bounds of the design which is why it was noticed and why it was corrected."

Bah...what a load of shit.
    The previous set of test I've done in the recent log I posted showed that I can go over 80 in terms of bonus even when I'm using weapons I'm not bonded and wspec'ed in on my paladin. Something still feels funny about this. I'll try messing with this stuff on my empath when I have the time, even just for the sake of my own curiosity.