Thread: Voln or Sunfist

Default Voln or Sunfist

Right now level 66 master of sunfist. Heavily thinking on going back to voln. Timing is terrible I know because of the few undead at the upcoming levels. Yet due to some changes I think voln is more attractive now, I don't have mana issues and the setup spells are a less reliable from the champion of might loss. (lost 10 CS) If I didn't have to keep up sigils I could use the shield skills, quick strike and multi strike more. Upcoming possible changes the stamina pool will have more abilities to use as well. Plan was to turn on ascension exp at 60% and sit in RR hunting citadel until master.

CS loss was 35 paladin spells + 25 champions might to 50 paladin spells. I could gain more paladin spells but at the loss of 120 which I do not think giving up at this point is worth it.

Things I'd like in voln, 1604 + symbol of bless as a service, symbol of sleep, fog and seeking. I don't see getting 130 anytime soon if I want effective CS.

So should I stay or should I go?

Blog Entries

I personally love voln and all my characters have it so I am super biased.

If you are hunting undead too the perk is you can use symbol of supremacy to boost your CS too which I think (not 100%) is the only society that will boost CS.

With the introduction of Den of Rot you will feast on favor at 66 from there you can play in Plane 1 for some more UD or go to EN and mess with Shricken for favor (and use TV for ranking up)
    Last edited by Orthin; 05-07-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

My paladin was voln, but I switched him to GoS in his thirties, I think he is 59 now. He is a polearm, very physical paladin, I cast but it is infrequent, I might cast more if his CS was higher but I play my wizard or sorc if I want to cast. The only stamina drain I use is mstrike so for him it is easy to keep everything up. There are two things I miss about voln, symbol of seeking and symbol of recall, other than those two, Sunfist seems so much better suited to a paladin, to mine at least.

Getting a bless is not that hard, so unless you have a group you hunt with that doesn't have a cleric or other voln master, I would not think that would not be a good enough reason to switch, but that is me. I would say he should be in the Society you see him in as an RP decision not as a min/max decision. My paladin was never really a holy knight, so Sunfist is a much better fit.

I absolutely love sigil of determination

5. Default

Wait until Naijin's GemStone V get's released then decide.

But my gut says that Paladins are going to have so many shield mans and CMANs to play with alongside the upcoming DI,smite, strike (which will also use up your mana) that trying to juggle sigils in there will be next to impossible.

But again, I would just wait until the changes go Live and check it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rushblitz View Post
    Right now level 66 master of sunfist. Heavily thinking on going back to voln. Timing is terrible I know because of the few undead at the upcoming levels. Yet due to some changes I think voln is more attractive now, I don't have mana issues and the setup spells are a less reliable from the champion of might loss. (lost 10 CS) If I didn't have to keep up sigils I could use the shield skills, quick strike and multi strike more. Upcoming possible changes the stamina pool will have more abilities to use as well. Plan was to turn on ascension exp at 60% and sit in RR hunting citadel until master.

CS loss was 35 paladin spells + 25 champions might to 50 paladin spells. I could gain more paladin spells but at the loss of 120 which I do not think giving up at this point is worth it.

Things I'd like in voln, 1604 + symbol of bless as a service, symbol of sleep, fog and seeking. I don't see getting 130 anytime soon if I want effective CS.

So should I stay or should I go?
    66 is such a sweet level for GoS though. The Mino's and Yeti's are all vulnerable to it.
    GoS has the free weighting (on enemies) and padding (on everything) which is nice. No favor to worry about which is nice but not really an issue.
    I would wait and see what happens with the blessing changes and the GS5 stuff while you sit through possible the best level range for GoS.
    Last edited by Dendum; 05-07-2021 at 01:35 PM.

hol up we getting gemstone 5 soon?

Voln is the best. Anyone who says otherwise is a terrorist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    hol up we getting gemstone 5 soon?
    No, it a GM is changing a bunch of shit though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I would recommend staying with GoS for Paladins.

I like Voln for most others.

Stamina pool + regen + synergizes with 1607 so well. As you continue to level stamina + mana will increase making it easier and easier as time goes on.

Low on mana - use shield/cm maneuvers. Low on stamina - use spells for disablers.

I suggest stick with it, but to each their own.
    Last edited by Shaps; 05-10-2021 at 09:10 AM.