Page 982 of 1680 FirstFirst ... 482882932972980981982983984992103210821482 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,820 of 16791

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger007 View Post
    Jokes as a joke, but while we joke about our politicians, enjoy the political circus or get angry about what is happening, other countries are taking advantage of the advantage. Whatever one may say, the current situation slows down the pace of development of the United States, reduces the country's prestige in the international arena. So far, our aerospace industry maintains a leading position. But they are stepping on our heels - that's a fact. I didn’t take it from the ceiling, I am interested in the development of this promising industry, because there is nowhere for people to move further on Earth. There is only space left. Why did I decide that the United States has competitors in space exploration? Because I have found several young companies that are developing rapidly. Space company London seems to me the most promising, because the guys have a fresh look at familiar things and I think this is an excellent foundation for development, an individual approach.
    The space race between the US and Russia began with a handshake in space, and just 18 years later it has offended the handshake in space. [Sources: 3]

One could argue that a new space race has begun, with private companies competing with other government organizations. Private companies have entered the exploration sector, pushing the sector forward, as would be the case if the government were left alone. At the time, she was driven by a desire to show dominance by being the first to achieve certain goals. [Sources: 3]

In 1958, the US launched its own satellite Explorer I, which was developed by the US Army. That same year, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a public order establishing NASA, a federal agency for space exploration. He also created a safety-oriented space program, Space Launch System (SLS), which was to operate simultaneously with NASA's program. [Sources: 0]

Thus, the ability to operate independently provided additional security for military operations. The first, led by the US Air Force, was dedicated to harnessing the military potential of space. While many nations took steps forward, there were political undertones that drove the Cold War of the last century. [Sources: 0, 2]

The space agencies have international robotic satellites that explore our cosmic neighborhood to learn more about the universe we live in. NASA's Curiosity rover is exploring the surface of Mars and providing new images of the Red Planet, while ESA's Planck mission recently revealed new data from its Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) mission, which has seen the first ever image of Jupiter's moon Europa. [Sources: 2]

The European Space Agency, for example, has provided the Orion capsule, which will fly to the International Space Station (ISS) and put humans into low Earth orbit. The Chinese space agency is working closely with the US space shuttle SLS and its Orion spacecraft. The first unmanned test flight is scheduled for 2018, but NASA is now investigating how soon it could conduct the first test flights of the S LS and Orion with a crew aboard. Former NASA Administrator Charles Bolden has spoken publicly about the need for a manned space flight to Mars in the near future, as well as the potential for human exploration of other planets. [Sources: 6]

The rules governing international arms trade, governed by the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and the International Criminal Court (ICC). [Sources: 6]

With Sputnik and the moon landing, the space race represented an electrifying aspect of the Cold War, in which the United States and the Soviet Union fought for supremacy over the moon and stars. On July 4, 1969, President Nixon welcomed the three astronauts to the Kennedy Space Center in Washington. D.C. With Neil Armstrong's foot on the moon and his famous remarks, he reached his historic peak. [Sources: 8]

President Nixon understood that the pursuit of scientific innovation and exploration tended to eclipse the larger geopolitical conflict. Soviet challenges that successive U.S. governments invested in education and scientific research to meet them. [Sources: 1, 8]

These investments laid the groundwork for future innovation and economic competitiveness, and propelled the United States to victory in the so-called space race. The Soviet Union took over the world, but the U.S. private sector has increased investment in space, experts say. Astronauts have been launched by companies that build rockets, and astronauts have been launched into space with rockets from companies such as SpaceX, Orbital ATK and Orbital Sciences Corp. [Sources: 1]

The space race between the US and the Soviet Union began during the Eisenhower administration. As NASA grew in strength, increasing its budget to $150 million in 1959, the unique international situation evolved into a new form of the Cold War, which evolved into the Cold War. The attempt failed after the Soviets reached the moon with Lunik-2 on September 13, 1959, and photographed a hidden side of LunIK-3 on October 1959. [Sources: 7]

After World War II, the US and the Soviet Union competed to see who had the best technology in space. The narrow security barriers that the Soviets maintained gave them a new form of political initiative. These included the first manned spacecraft to orbit the Earth, the first satellite to orbit the Earth and the first person to step on the moon. [Sources: 4, 7]

The space race was seen as vital by both nations because it showed the world that both countries had superior scientific, economic, and political systems. [Sources: 4]

The weight of the design meant it could travel beyond Earth's immediate vicinity and potentially take humans to the moon and Mars. [Sources: 4, 5]

Space travel is really becoming cheaper and more accessible, and private individuals will travel regularly to space to marvel at the blue, watery home world in the inflatable habitats Bigelow Aerospace plans to build, or observe from the space station itself. By moving from its Commercial Crew Program to orbiting test vehicles and partnering with private companies to reach the lunar surface, NASA hopes to transform the economy of space travel through more competition and lower costs. China has already launched its first orbital test vehicle, the Shenzhou-6, which has been burning up in orbit and plans a second test flight with four people on board in 2018. [Sources: 5]

Sources:

[0]: https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/space-race

[1]: https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/spa...ompetitiveness

[2]: https://anglejournal.com/article/201...d-competition/

[3]: https://theconversation.com/private-...o-expect-80697

[4]: https://www.rmg.co.uk/discover/explo...-race-timeline

[5]: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...e-spaceflight/

[6]: https://slate.com/technology/2017/03...aboration.html

[7]: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...petition-space

[8]: https://www.nixonfoundation.org/2016...l-competition/

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Hey remember all you Democrats who thought those Bernie memes were the best thing ever?

I bet you didn't know you were engaging in white privilege and white supremacy did ya?

Bernie's mittens: A lesson for S.F. high school students in subtle white privilege

You fucking bigots make me sick.
    They thought they were safe from what they created. Narcissists have a hard time with self-reflection and understanding of the world - they only know how to manipulate it, not actually enrich or create a better life for those in it.

Just wait. More is coming.
    Last edited by Shaps; 02-01-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Hey remember all you Democrats who thought those Bernie memes were the best thing ever?

I bet you didn't know you were engaging in white privilege and white supremacy did ya?

Bernie's mittens: A lesson for S.F. high school students in subtle white privilege

It's impossible for leftists to not be miserable even when they're getting their way.

They're like the ultimate emo kids.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-01-2021 at 07:20 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    They thought they were safe from what they created. Narcissists have a hard time with self-reflection and understanding of the world - they only know how to manipulate it, not actually enrich or create a better life for those in it.

Just wait. More is coming.
    Thanks for the red rep.

Sadly, your usage of homophobic slurs in it was poorly thought out. You have been reported to Twitter and will be promptly cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Thanks for the red rep.

Sadly, your usage of homophobic slurs in it was poorly thought out. You have been reported to Twitter and will be promptly cancelled.
    I probably got the same homophobic rep. These Democrats can’t contain their hatred. Point out their white supremacy and they show their hatred of gays.

I probably got the same homophobic rep. These Democrats bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...
    Is it homophobic to give homophobic rep to a homophobe?

Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 02-01-2021 at 10:54 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

So one person claims that what happened with Bernie is white privilege and white supremacy, and you claim that as factual proof that all democrats are bigots?

Donald Trump is racist! So because I claim that Donald Trump is racist, and the Republicans, and you support Donald Trump, you support racism and are engaging is racism! Republicans are such bigots.

Your logic is hilarious.
    Last edited by Solkern; 02-01-2021 at 11:14 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Is it homophobic to give homophobic rep to a homophobe?

Asking for a friend.
    Glad to see you admit to being a homophobe now. Baby steps, Bhaalizmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    So one person claims that what happened with Bernie is white privilege and white supremacy, and you claim that as factual proof that all democrats are bigots?
    Excuse me, bigot, that "person" happens to be a strong and independent woman. Why are Democrat men so misogynistic? When a woman speaks truth to power you shut up and listen.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-01-2021 at 11:21 PM.