Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling everything

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Nobody is going to miss you though. In fact, you leaving over the caps is going to make them wildly popular.
    For a portion of the crowd that are actually sniffing agressively the farts of GMs, you are correct and it includes you.

The fact you took some of your time to piss on my "grave" tells a LOT about your personnality. You are proving everytime you have those "slip of personnality" who you are, really
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

2. Default

Nobody is going to miss you though. In fact, you leaving over the caps is going to make them wildly popular.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Veggies View Post
    I’m honestly kinda glad they are “kicking out” the silver farmers. I think Wyrom sees something happening, especially in the past year of COVID, with the population.

Possibly a renaissance of sorts for GS and he wants to steer the game (and product) into a more sustainable place, rather than constantly being dependent on a handful of whales and people trying to profit in RL off the game.

Maybe... not sure how smart he is in RL.
    It's more about the growth of the "game". You can't expect to grow more than this base if you have that active secondary market. Both for your moneytization out of simustore and p2w AND legal aspects of it.

Wyrom and all are trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. They are betting, I'm 100% confident, that by scarring away the farmers AND putting more effort on the simustore, their revenue will not decrease but increase AND they will have more bandwidth to try to increase more their population. Farmers are taxing on the servers, let's not forget that.

One thing they are not considering, though. The 5% they're saying they're targetting are MORE than they'd admit
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

4. Default

I’m honestly kinda glad they are “kicking out” the silver farmers. I think Wyrom sees something happening, especially in the past year of COVID, with the population.

Possibly a renaissance of sorts for GS and he wants to steer the game (and product) into a more sustainable place, rather than constantly being dependent on a handful of whales and people trying to profit in RL off the game.

I'm not even a silver farmer and I can break their cap in 4 or 5 days. It's any easy decision, I just go back to WoW and spend my time there farming.

Until he realizes that the people he is driving away are the ones giving the $.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Until he realizes that the people he is driving away are the ones giving the $.
    A decade from now when every game will be offering a revenue source to the player, SIMU will once again be behind the curve.

Yeah I mean I maintain a premium account and 3 standard. That's $80/month or just over $1,000 per year and way more than I pay for any other game. Hard to imagine they're willing to walk away from that multiplied by however many people are not happy with this cap.

I'm not going to do a knee jerk reaction and quit, as they've said they are still tweaking, but if this continues I'll likely end up packing it in. I capped my characters, which was my goal coming back last March after playing off and on since 95 and dozens of characters to middling levels, so perhaps it's time to call it a good run and to put my nostalgia away. I don't play to make a profit, but I'm also not going to throw thousands of dollars into DR books to get the gear I want. I have always sold just enough for cash to break even on my expenses, the rest I build up in gear.

While Astrenoir may not be missed, I do believe others will be. But that is always the case in anything, especially a 30+ year old game. But maybe not, and perhaps this will be great for GS. Time will tell.

Secondary market kept this game alive for YEARS.

It is ACTIVALY an aspect of the game. One of the reasons it is so hard to quit is the intrinsec value of our chars and items. Admiting that is half the solution.

There just trying to control the runaway silver inflation through this whole loot cap business. It’s making it so the newer and even old non-hardcore players can’t buy shit anymore.

So, they cut people like you off at the kneecaps and enchanting doesn’t cost 28663672929928727626 silvers for +1.
    What new players though?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

apparently it’s not based on toons. MAer’s are hitting the cap regardless of which toon they use to search. It could be based on grouping mechanics. Aka if you’re grouped you ALL share the cap. Anyhow sisilvers going to be rare as fuck now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    This is definitely my experience as well. I didn't loot hardly anything on my bard/wiz, and everything on my rogue, and none of them are getting shit now. Seems like I topped out around 40m or so across 3 characters. Some of that is actually from a fourth account with sub 50 characters not making a ton of money so I'd say it's negligible.
    I don't think it's even related to grouping. I believe they have linked multi-accounters' accounts and have set a cap applied to all of them. I have two basic accounts/characters, both capped, and one hunts for loot and the other hunts for exp. They both seem to hit some sort of soft cap after about a week or so. My estimate is that I get about a quarter of the loot from both of them as normal. I'm even getting about a quarter of the silvers for skins. I've never considered myself a silver farmer or even sold silvers before, so I'm not concerned from that aspect. However, the game just feels less rewarding now.