Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA sued - NY AG asks them to be dissolved

Blog Entries

Default NRA sued - NY AG asks them to be dissolved

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53684033

Ms James said that the four named defendants - Mr LaPierre, Wilson Phillips, Joshua Powell and John Frazer "instituted a culture of self-dealing, mismanagement and negligent oversight at the NRA that was illegal, oppressive and fraudulent".

The attorney general outlined a litany of charges against the defendants, but accused Mr LaPierre, long the face of the powerful gun lobby group, of being the "central figure" behind the organisation's wrongdoings.

One example of misconduct alleged in the lawsuit states that Mr LaPierre visited the Bahamas more than eight times by private plane using funds intended for the NRA, for a total cost of $500,000 (£380,225).

The corruption "is so broad", Ms James said, that total dissolution of the organisation is necessary.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

The greatest threat to Democracy is apparently the modern day Democrat party.

Notably absent from these charges was any mention of Russian money passing through the NRA, which has been alluded to in the Mueller report and in the Maria Butina case.

Almost as if to protect active investigations. Interesting.

Sounds like threats to our Democracy still under investigation. That's hopeful. Curious if they'll determine Russian money influenced presidential placement. Judge placements. Etc.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

4. Default

Trump should send the NY AG a thank you letter. This will play to his base.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Notably absent from these charges was any mention of Russian money passing through the NRA, which has been alluded to in the Mueller report and in the Maria Butina case.

Almost as if to protect active investigations. Interesting.

Sounds like threats to our Democracy still under investigation. That's hopeful. Curious if they'll determine Russian money influenced presidential placement. Judge placements. Etc.
    Right, yes. An elected political official seeking to close down a private political organization that political party of said elected political official doesn't like sure is helping to defend our Democracy.

What a sheep you are. Baa baa, motherfucker.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-06-2020 at 01:53 PM.

6. Default

The NRA is a non-profit, there are rules it needs to follow. I don't mind non-profits being investigated, especially the big ones. I'm doubtful it'll be dissolved though.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

If the issue is four people misappropriating money and using non-profit money for personal use/gain why would you go after the organization and not the individuals? Is the thought that the NRA was fully okay with it? I used to work there and I know folks there who were furloughed during COVID so I doubt there is any love from all those folks for those four if they were spending money that could have gone to their paychecks to keep them employed but instead were used to do personal things. You get shit pay for working there unless you are a swinging dick so this has to have pissed off a bunch of employees.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I'm doubtful it'll be dissolved though.
    That's the thing though. Since when do AGs seek to dissolve an entire multi million dollar organization because of the supposed bad actions of a handful of people?

My guess is that it's because of the ridiculous amounts, who knows. Gun owners of America is a much better organization that actually fights for the second amendment. So much better than the NRA
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's the thing though. Since when do AGs seek to dissolve an entire multi million dollar organization because of the supposed bad actions of a handful of people?
    If the accusations are true, this is going to at the very least really hurt the NRA.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.