Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The one funny thing that came out of this day is that Naos' posts got pulled. His opinion did get censored after all. Awfully naive of him to think he can behave the way he did in a professional capacity.
    Next level of conflict reached, now the Eye of Wokeness will turn it's gaze upon the Ivory Towers of Simu.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

https://twitter.com/sav_says_/status...27564619386882

Unrelated, but this is pretty much what's happening. White SJWs up in arms over someone with a different opinion, black people telling the SJW to chill, said black people gets ignored by SJW so she can scream black lives matters some more.

This is basically what's happening on the officials right now.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

SIMU-WYROM: I'm also not a big fan of censorship.

Might be the funniest shit Wyrom has ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    SIMU-WYROM: I'm also not a big fan of censorship.

Might be the funniest shit Wyrom has ever said.
    He did let me keep the name Taintedmeat for my bard, for which I will be forever grateful.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Me:

I'm just curious, is anyone going to receive an apology for one of your GMs flat out accusing people of being racist and heavily implying anyone who disagrees with this decision is racist and therefore their money is no good here?

I really don't want any argument from players or GMs that this did not happen, I read the now deleted posts, I am not a child who will be talked down to and told what I read didn't really happen.

Or is there where you just delete posts (probably including mine) to sweep all of this under the rug and pretend it never happened?
    Wonder how long this will last before being deleted.

"We remove posts that discuss deleted posts! You never saw that!"

Okay so I've actually changed my thinking on this one. No, it wasn't the reputation comment saying that I'm retarded. Nor was it the last 7 pages of this thread. I didn't read those.

It was reading this document.

Check this out:
    Certain Krolvin began to use captured females of predominantly human descent as concubines and inevitably, the first of many half-breed children were born. Human slave women produced half-breed children to their Krolvin masters with little more difficulty than a regular pregnancy and delivery posed. Giantman women were captured rarely, but of those few captives, it seemed they too could occasionally bear children to the Krolvin with little more danger to their health than bearing a child to a Giantman man posed in the ordinary course of things.

Although elven women were captured as well, they did not last long once they were forced into the bed of a Krolvin. Apparently, though the elven women became pregnant shockingly quickly (the mix of Krolvin and elf was extremely likely to result in conception) the pregnancies led to certain death or permanent barrenness for the elven women. Around the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy the elven maids would miscarry a hugely developed and terribly disfigured child. In most cases, the miscarriage would mean the end of the elven maid's life, and if they survived the miscarriage, without fail they were barren from then on.

Halfling slaves subjected to these violations did not survive even as long as the elven women, their bodies rejected the Krolvin spawn violently, ending the unfortunate halfling's life shortly after any conception occurred.

The Krolvin slaver, Krintaur was apparently more capable than the average Krolvin occupying Glaoveln. He kept notes, and in one passage of those notes was the story of one of the lower ranking Krolvin guards, a promising young Krol by the name of Tryagke, who became secretly involved with a Dwarven woman who went by the name Marleynta. Marleynta was captured along with many others from her village, as well as her two children she had borne to a Dwarven husband. The relationship was apparently a love match on both sides, one of those hopeless romances doomed to a sad end.
    To recap - rape, more rape, death by childbirth as a result of rape, and a weird fantasy in which a woman who is abducted with her husband and children falls in love with her rapist.

After reading this, my opinion has changed from "this is a can of worms, I appreciate the intention but consider the slippery slope here" to "yeah, the docs do have some trash and if this was my game I would clean it up".
    Last edited by Alorn15; 06-30-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Me:

Wonder how long this will last before being deleted.

"We remove posts that discuss deleted posts! You never saw that!"
    Should have linked the screenshot too and be like NOTHING IS DELETED FOREVER!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Should have linked the screenshot too and be like NOTHING IS DELETED FOREVER!
    They're here

https://imgur.com/a/W6QoEoB

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn15 View Post
    Okay so I've actually changed my thinking on this one. No, it wasn't the reputation comment saying that I'm retarded. Nor was it the last 7 pages of this thread. I didn't read those.

It was reading this document.

Check this out:

To recap - rape, more rape, death by childbirth as a result of rape, and a weird fantasy in which a woman who is abducted with her husband and children falls in love with her rapist.

After reading this, my opinion has changed from "this is a can of worms, I appreciate the intention but consider the slippery slope here" to "yeah, the docs do have some trash and if this was my game I would clean it up".
    Too much rape and death in my game about murder and pillaging.