Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    They're discussing that too, even saying that if they do change racial bonuses they are open to giving people a race change. So yeah, that's gonna be weird.
    That's actually pretty reasonable, if you didn't pick dark elf because of the negative trading modifier and picked giantman or something then they remove the trading modifier it's kinda bullshit and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    That's actually pretty reasonable, if you didn't pick dark elf because of the negative trading modifier and picked giantman or something then they remove the trading modifier it's kinda bullshit and unfair.
    Yeah just gonna be weird seeing people completely change their race when the obvious solution is to keep everything the way it is.

Like how much coding time is this going to eat up?

Blog Entries

That's gonna get ya banned.
    Once I explain to the GM's that I'm on the right side of fantasy history all will be forgiven.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 06-29-2020 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    We'll just wait for the simucoin fix. They fixed halflings with the encumbrance potion so...

No one is changing races or having bonuses changed. Kveta threw that out there as an example of the scope of the change the industry is seeing as a whole is (wizards with DND specifically). People hyperfocused on it (i know gemstone players? WEIRD). Wyrom has since clarified that isn't happening.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Once I explain to the GM's that I'm on the right side of fantasy history all will be forgiven.
    I can't believe one of the GMs actually said that, well not "fantasy history", just that they want to be on the right side of history about this.

Like 2 years from now no one is going to care that GS changed their own lore for whatever reason they are claiming they are doing it for, 20 years from now this game will most likely have been long gone.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    No one is changing races or having bonuses changed. Kveta threw that out there as an example of the scope of the change the industry is seeing as a whole is (wizards with DND specifically). People hyperfocused on it (i know gemstone players? WEIRD). Wyrom has since clarified that isn't happening.
    No Kveta said it's a change that might come to GS but did say it wasn't something they were focusing on now.

I'm sure Wyrom will cave in to that eventually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    In essence, they are trying to impact change in real life by making changes in a fantasy game that will have no real impact on the real life problems they are trying to impact.

I.E. Karen has officially taken over Simutronics.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

No Kveta said it's a change that might come to GS but did say it wasn't something they were focusing on now.

I'm sure Wyrom will cave in to that eventually.
    Kveta isn't dev, qualified the statement as as that (i'm not dev but IF this happens you would get race change blah blah). she way overspoke on that tangent. No one is getting changed in the mangler.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!