Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Archery Update Design Plans

ok, riddle me this....I have never been able to hit demons right off the bat, even with my 10x bow due to the arrows not being enchanted to 10x. Is this going to change? Since I already have a 10x bow will I now be able to hit fresh-gen demons?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war

Blog Entries

Did you have a bless?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Did you have a bless?
    Arrows had to be 8x and blessed. With the new update he'll beable to hit them with an 8x bow and blessed arrows.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-21-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

He should be able to hit them with his bow and master fletched 4x arrows (so, 5x) + blessing.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-21-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

So will bow RT still be the same with the STR stat? I see the change regarding aiming and hiding but basically will halflings still be screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    So will bow RT still be the same with the STR stat? I see the change regarding aiming and hiding but basically will halflings still be screwed?
    bow RT will be the same, but crossbows are going to a flat RT with no stat requirements. So young characters and weak races can pick the crossbow for flat 4s/5s RTs, higher aiming, higher AS when kneeling, and no removal from stealth with just a FIRE command (no having to load or cock the weapon). They can also pre-load the weapon and have a quick shot ready for the next encounter if desired. You can use crossbows both ways with the new system, but the cock + fire mechanics will be flat RT, or just fire without any other preemptive actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    bow RT will be the same, but crossbows are going to a flat RT with no stat requirements. So young characters and weak races can pick the crossbow for flat 4s/5s RTs, higher aiming, higher AS when kneeling, and no removal from stealth with just a FIRE command (no having to load or cock the weapon). They can also pre-load the weapon and have a quick shot ready for the next encounter if desired. You can use crossbows both ways with the new system, but the cock + fire mechanics will be flat RT, or just fire without any other preemptive actions.
    Do crossbows not hit as hard then? What's to stop people from switching to crossbows now?

8. Default

Problems with crossbows in the past was the setup and the extra steps to be able to fire. Being pushed into offensive stance when cocking and thebrt was variable and not fixed. I as a hasted mage used my crossbow a lot when I was in my 30s and 40s but found the 1 second bow to be much easier at the end. I will be going back to my crossbow now after these changes to see how it is aiming is better and the plus 30as when kneeling is nice. It's a ds tradeoff and a 5 second hard rt after you fire in offensive and kneeling. Unless you can go in offensive or neutral and still have a similar as with higher DS then it can still be difficult. Nothing is worse than having a 5 second hard RT on in troll kings when I new one walks in. The whole stance def/stand spam is real

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Do crossbows not hit as hard then? What's to stop people from switching to crossbows now?
    Heavy crossbows are comparable to longbows damage / avd wise. Normal bows will still be faster with enough STR but the changes would definitely position crossbows as a good leveling with growth stats / weak race option (which honestly they already were with the advent of mech xbows)
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Heavy crossbows are comparable to longbows damage / avd wise. Normal bows will still be faster with enough STR but the changes would definitely position crossbows as a good leveling with growth stats / weak race option (which honestly they already were with the advent of mech xbows)
    Faster by only 1 sec right? Feels like that isn't much incentive for doing a longbow.