Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Simu do without the whales?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Supposedly Coase, who is/was the head dev GM, got fired.

Which imo, good, fuck him and his stealth nerfs, like when he nerfed the Confluence and literally hid the code in core systems to where it took me like a year of hitting up Wyrom asking if the Confluence got nerfed or was bugged, because shit was all different in there, but Wyrom didn't notice any changes. Eventually he dug a little deeper and found a huge nerf hidden in core systems, whatever the fuck that is, other than not being where shit like that goes unless you're hiding it.

I'm curious what other bullshit Coase had been doing over the years under the radar.
    Good riddance. Hope Estild gets the boot too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    >Estild had specifically said that 520 flares didn't make it past dev review and now we have flares on 520.

Uh oh....

We used to have flares on 520 when it was Stone Skin....think about it.

Estlid is slowly trying to move 520 back to what it was before Mage Armor, then he can put out P2W items in DR that mimic the more beneficial Mage Armor while wizards are left running around in reactive flaring stone skin that shatters when anything hits you.

It sounds plausible. I wouldn't put it past him to nerf more wizard spells and then flip items on DR.
    You realize they are offensive flares when they cast spells?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    You realize they are offensive flares when they cast spells?
    Yep, doesn't mean it won't happen though if Estlid thinks he flip for cash doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    As I predicted years ago they are in shutdown mode
    *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Guess who is head of DEV now, Methais. Your favorite GM EVAR!

..it's Estild.
    That's the thing...if some of the shit I'm hearing is true, it's quite possible that I may have been blaming the wrong person for a lot of this bullshit over the past few years.

It wouldn't surprise me. The more I hear about Coase, the more shady he sounds.

So uhhhhh....sorry Estild. Maybe. I think. But I'm not sure. Yet.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-26-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    >Estild had specifically said that 520 flares didn't make it past dev review and now we have flares on 520.

Uh oh....

We used to have flares on 520 when it was Stone Skin....think about it.

Estlid is slowly trying to move 520 back to what it was before Mage Armor, then he can put out P2W items in DR that mimic the more beneficial Mage Armor while wizards are left running around in reactive flaring stone skin that shatters when anything hits you.

It sounds plausible. I wouldn't put it past him to nerf more wizard spells and then flip items on DR.
    Coase was apparently what was blocking Ensorcell service from being offered at events too.

The DR that just ended offered Ensorcell service.

520 reactive flares were stupid anyway.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-26-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

7. Default

Hm, yeah, the Ensorcell thing is definitely interesting now that you mention it. Made me remember this and dig it up from Discord:

Estild10/21/2018
    There will never be an Ensorcell service/NPC.
    Revon10/21/2018
    Why not? Most other player services have NPCs.
    Puppymonkeyietius10/21/2018
    Oh, give it 5 or 10 years.
    changing elemental attunement was never going to happen either
    Estild10/21/2018
    Sure, maybe after Coase and I are gone, it could happen.

I don't know why ensorcell is as locked down as it was, as a service i mean. It was always such a weird, arbitrary place to draw a line in the sand. Interestingly, in terms of overly difficult stuff a discussion about enchant was going on the other day and

Quote Originally Posted by Estild
    Re: enchant/ensorcell difficulty, I don't have any issue with the current difficulty, especially with scripts, as that new difficulty is intended to be there. However, I wouldn't be against the idea of allowing a mechanic to allow a sorcerer/wizard to store their necrotic energy/essence over several weeks/months, then releasing it in an attempt to significantly boost their skill for their next ensorcell/enchant attempt.
    which is interesting.

Also wasn't Coase a gm for like....ever? 20ish years?
    Last edited by Donquix; 02-26-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Quilic came out and was doing really inventive (for Prime) storytelling that engaged a large group of people to allow them to shape the details of the premium storyline. It wasn't perfect but it was more than just listening to GM NPCs spit story at you. Completely shut down because one or two people complained about it. So now its back to the only storylines that are going to be "stand around and watch the NPCs talk at you" and then disperse. I guess that is a step up from entire towns where the GM is still absent and unable to come up with even the most basic of storylines to generate interest.

RP is dead in gemstone and its all just whale watching now.

This level of whaling only works when you have a constant flow of new fresh blood into the game to replace when the big whales leave. Gemstone doesn't have anything even close to approaching that.
    Is Quilic no longer going to do the story line? I thought he was just on a break due to DR

[LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"