Page 258 of 765 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 7646

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Based on what? A sincere question, I’m current with news and consider myself fairly well educated... why would you think Turkey is a step away from being Iran? I haven’t seen news indicating that, but I could have missed it, before this last week.
    Because all brown people are the same to him.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Because all people are the same to him.
    Fixed
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    But what do you think our end goal should have been with the Kurds in Syria? We help them build their own nation state on the border with Turkey? We keep troops there until Turkey decides they no longer consider the Kurds to be terrorists?
    I don't know, I don't have all the information needed to make that decision. I have a strong suspicion there is something in between staying there forever and just saying fuck it I'm taking my ball and going home.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Fixed
    Oh, so is England one step away from saying Death to America too? No you said Turkey.

Yeah but once again the Republicans are supposedly the war mongers of the nation, of course they want to keep troops in the Middle East forever. What are the Democrats' excuse?
    It's a fucked situation. Changing from whatever the long term plan was on a whim seems to be the main issue. Again - when you're catching the intelligence community off guard, the military off guard, and the diplomats off guard you've effectively created the mess.

Who is the beneficiary here? Hint: Trump keeps his towers and Putin's laughing at us.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Turkey has been planning this for months now, not to mention Turkey has considered the Kurds to be terrorists for years, it wasn't just a random phone call.

This is why you should turn off CNN once in a while.
    So what if they've been planning this? How does Turkey's planning matter to us? Calling someone a terrorist doesn't make them one. Donald Trump sold out our allies, and a fucked up situation is now more fucked up.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

I can not...believe this is real.

Let's work out a good deal! You don't want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and I don't want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy-and I will. I've already given you a little sample with respect to Pastor Brunson.

I have worked hard to solve some of your problems. Don't let the world down. You can make a great deal. General Mazloum is willing to negotiate with you, and he is willing to make concessions that they would never have made in the past. I am confidentially enclosing a copy of his letter to me, just received.

History will look upon you favorably if you get this done the right and humane way. It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don't happen. Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool!

I will call you later.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    So what if they've been planning this? How does Turkey's planning matter to us? Calling someone a terrorist doesn't make them one. Donald Trump sold out our allies, and a fucked up situation is now more fucked up.
    Because you made it sound as if Turkey just called up Trump out of the blue for no reason whatsoever and this was the result. Turkey has had to put up with what they consider to be terrorists right on their border, they've been planning this invasion for months. This wasn't just Erdogan getting a crazy idea at midnight on a Thursday night.

And see you keep saying Trump "sold out our allies", Turkey is our ally. You can't just say "We gotta help our allies, yo!" because both sides are our allies. Going by your reductionist logic we should be helping Turkey.

Also can you just tell me what our end goal for the Kurds in Syria should have been? I've been asking this for over a week now and not a single person can give me an answer. It's like you don't know what is right, you just somehow know that Trump is wrong because Rachel Maddow on MSNBC said so.

Blog Entries

Everyone forgets the Kurds refused to allow us to invade Iraq through their lands.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Still a piece of shit move to cheat by enchanting coraesine for personal gain.
    This is correct.