Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Heard nothing
    B/c I don’t care what you say.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    B/c I don’t care what you say.
    SHOCKING NEWS!
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    SHOCKING NEWS!
    Lalalala can’t hear youuuuuuu.

wtf did you post?
    I posted something about how project manager was a bad title because he canceled all the projects and couldn't manage anyone to get anything done. The post got pulled nearly immediately and I was banned from the forums for sass. I get an email later that day from him saying "whats up with this we never had problems before" to which we went back and forth over how the state of the game was (in still many ways is) and they were ignoring the time and effort numerous other people were putting into explaining why such and such a thing was broken or bad and it ended with me finally telling him and the dev team "Merry Christmas and go fuck yourself".

This was when he was trying to be all "I'm the hip cool PM that is just one of the guys" by calling people out on the forums by posting their subscription details and how if they actually spent any money or not. Basically doing the absolute worst and stupidest things you could do as a company guy.

So it would be more fair to say, and I have said this before, that I was banned for telling him to go fuck himself in an email that he initiated. I was lucky enough to be able to sell off the biggest things I had at the time so it wasn't too bad at the end of the day. Was surprised to come back to see some of the advice was taken (QST is awesome, premium events are in a great spot, been a few prime RP festivals/events) but almost everything else is still the same or worse - Duskruin prices are getting even more out of hand and out of touch, Rumor woods was great in theory but they fucked it up by creating yet another currency that everyone had to buy into, and HoTA still rules the roost as GM favorite MHO.

On top of that, they've managed to start killing off MHO creation in general and apparently are giving up on player-created content in all but name. Expanding the MHO system, putting an extra GM to help out in that area and enforcing the existing rules while increasing the benefits would be a nice start. With how the business is going, they will probably make every MHO event require a simucoin purchase though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I definitely don't consider Reim at the top of the Pay 2 Win list, by any means. I also can't speak for orb purchases. But it's certainly a factor in Premie subs, whatever the case may be.

But quite frankly, when I brought up Pay2Win issues in HoA Discord, it was literally me vs. the entire chat room- I was mocked, ridiculed, and scorned. In fact, many turned it into a joke all the way up until the day I was banned from the channel. Even people I once had respect for, I hold in less regard, because of the way they treated me for my views on it, and how blatantly Simu was defended.

But hey, what should I have expected? I might as well have gone to a church on Sunday and told them there is no God. Replace the altar with a Wyrom statue, and we'd have the exact same situation as me in HoA chat.

Oh man, and when I said that Simu has been doing way less Dev outside of Pay 2 Win, since 2016 or whenever it all really started getting crazy - HoA was like little Wyrom zealots going into action to defend him and Simu. HoA has their head so far up Wyrom's arse, they can't even see what's happening!

Does that mean everyone in HoA feels the same way? Probably not. But not ONE person tried to stand up for what I was saying there. Not ONE!! But I GUARANTEE you PC would have ripped you guys to shreds if you tried to make those weak Simu worshipping arguments here. It's why HoA hates PC so much - they can't handle the truth, because it means they are wrong. And that they are a huge part of the Pay 2 Win problem, IMO.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

I think its very fair to say that most of the item/script creation "development" has been locked behind duskruin and other pay events, in really terrible ways.
    Unlock certs for every little bit and piece, some items requiring 5+ certs, each costing over $100.
    Limited access to those unlock certs which comes with its own aftermarket sales issues and access issues.
    Outlandish pricing for high-end offerings and unreliable access to them for those that do actually try to save up over time.

Look at what they did with Voln certs recently, they created what was asked for and then turned around and charged even more than it cost previously. That's a pretty big "Fuck you" to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    This coming from the guy that got a warning. You're definitely a good source of what is right!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Look at what they did with Voln certs recently, they created what was asked for and then turned around and charged even more than it cost previously. That's a pretty big "Fuck you" to the players.
    To be fair, I believe Wyrom said this was an error and there was quite a bit of confusion over the broken-out Voln unlocks. I think we'll see them in a more sensible pricing scheme at EG.

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    To be fair, I believe Wyrom said this was an error and there was quite a bit of confusion over the broken-out Voln unlocks. I think we'll see them in a more sensible pricing scheme at EG.
    I took the confusion being people buying the lower cost unlock cert thinking they could get T3-T4 for 75k instead of having to buy the 150k T4 cert.

The certs were clearly labeled, but clearly people were expecting a price break to go from T3-T4 instead of paying the same price as a Tx->T4 cert previously cost (that no one bought last I remember seeing stats).

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    I posted something about how project manager was a bad title because he canceled all the projects and couldn't manage anyone to get anything done. The post got pulled nearly immediately and I was banned from the forums for sass. I get an email later that day from him saying "whats up with this we never had problems before" to which we went back and forth over how the state of the game was (in still many ways is) and they were ignoring the time and effort numerous other people were putting into explaining why such and such a thing was broken or bad and it ended with me finally telling him and the dev team "Merry Christmas and go fuck yourself".

This was when he was trying to be all "I'm the hip cool PM that is just one of the guys" by calling people out on the forums by posting their subscription details and how if they actually spent any money or not. Basically doing the absolute worst and stupidest things you could do as a company guy.

So it would be more fair to say, and I have said this before, that I was banned for telling him to go fuck himself in an email that he initiated. I was lucky enough to be able to sell off the biggest things I had at the time so it wasn't too bad at the end of the day. Was surprised to come back to see some of the advice was taken (QST is awesome, premium events are in a great spot, been a few prime RP festivals/events) but almost everything else is still the same or worse - Duskruin prices are getting even more out of hand and out of touch, Rumor woods was great in theory but they fucked it up by creating yet another currency that everyone had to buy into, and HoTA still rules the roost as GM favorite MHO.

On top of that, they've managed to start killing off MHO creation in general and apparently are giving up on player-created content in all but name. Expanding the MHO system, putting an extra GM to help out in that area and enforcing the existing rules while increasing the benefits would be a nice start. With how the business is going, they will probably make every MHO event require a simucoin purchase though.
    My only real issue with Wyrom is that dev has no accountability and just does literally wtf ever they want.

But this also isn't really a Wyrom thing, it's more of a Simu thing and predates Wyrom.

The TLDR according to what I've been told over the years is that while the PM technically can make DEV do XYZ, they're basically scared shitless that dev will get butthurt and quit, so they just let dev run wild and wreck everything in sight instead.

I'd imagine this problem has gotten much worse ever since they started getting a cut of P2W revenue and most of them want to work on just that. Which it's hard to blame them, considering they otherwise work for slave wages.

Estild or Coase or whoever could literally nerf every weapon in the game to have a minimum 30 second RT and make all spells have a 20 second cast RT, and there's a 99% chance that Wyrom or anyone else up high on the Simu ladder wouldn't do shit about it.

Dev has no accountability, and they know it.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-06-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible