Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: My goodbye forever rant

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Why are you even referencing me? Because he said you think monks need enchanting? I'm literally the only person on the planet who has championed the cause of "Monks are fine how they are and have plenty because they're awesome".
    That’s why you don’t play one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    No, because you're a one tones toxic piece of shit with nothing functional to add to anything. Fortybox had specific concerns, but even we at least reached some sort of understanding. Folks had problems with the lack of RP, that's incredibly true, and if I were in a position of power, I'd probably do something about it. You're rants are fucking baseless, and you're nothing but a worthless toxic troll in literally everything you do. From every crying post about how monks NEED to have something like enchanting because it's not fair that sorcerers and wizards have shit, to your constant baseless attacks even when disproven. You add absolutely nothing to anything I've ever seen you take part of. Maybe you should do more crying posts about how simu hates monks and quit again, or go on more aliases on Reddit to complain about game companies.
    Monks should be able to give karate lessons to earn silver with.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Monks should be able to give karate lessons to earn silver with.
    I can get on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    When Simu says that HoA isn't the main contributor of lag, they're full of shit, but when Simu says that an organization was abusing game mechanics, they couldn't have possibly been mistaking anything, and it MUST have been HoA, that's the only way to read that statement. Strange how fucking selectively you're choosing to believe what you want to.
    I'm pretty sure the difference is that so far, unless I missed something, nobody in HoA has denied anything with this enchanting fiasco. Unless you count BriarFox, who apparently wasn't actually involved, trying to be the public defender from My Cousin Vinny, which didn't do HoA any favors.

Last edited by Methais; 09-06-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I went to a Reim run once. Someone gave me an orb, and I had just returned to the game, so I really had no clue what I was getting into. I must say, I will likely never go again.

If I have to literally turn off half the settings of the front end, and still can't really even interact with the game or other characters there, I might as well be playing a game with my monitor turned off.

At first I thought it would be neat that it encourages group effort to complete a quest. But then I realized it was a totally robotic experience that is for pure farming purposes.

Is HoA to blame for all the Reim issues? Well, I guess what I consider issues, clearly others do not, as they are happy to participate. But there's still of course the lag, and mechanical benefits earned by those who participate, which does have an impact on everyone. It's something I've thought a lot about, because it's not exactly black and white, cut and dry.

I may not like what HoA does personally, but they are breaking no rules, and who am I to tell them how they should play and enjoy Gemstone? Plenty of them disagree with my play-style, and have utter disgust for me being a thief, and feel that I ruin other people's gaming experience by forcing CvC. I think it's a load of pansy BS, but they are entitled to that opinion nonetheless (At least they can opt out by closing their bags. I can't opt out of the lag except by logging off!). Do I think that HoA is being selfish and self serving by continuing to run Reim nights knowing how it negatively affects everyone else? Yes, yes I do. If it was me, I'd care more about my negative impact on the game, than I would about serving myself and my MHO's interests.

But even so, they are absolutely entitled to do what they are doing, and are breaking absolutely no rules. In the end, Simu deserves most of the blame, as I think pretty much everyone, even those who hate HoA the most, would agree.

Simu has the power to simply pull Reim, yet they won't. They have the power to enact other restrictions that reduce or remove the lag, but they do not. Clearly, they value that extra Reim money over the experience of everyone else. To me, that's sad, and shows the greatest issue most of us know the game currently faces - Pay 2 Win.

6. Default

Now that we're at it, I now have a problem with monks. As Methais said, they should be allowed to teach people karate for silver.

Also they should be able to specialize in different disciplines of fighting, like bards learn instruments.

Also after becoming double black belts in Brazilian Karate they should be allowed to participate in Elanthian UFC.

Fuck this thread. Fuck every other thread. Everybody get on the horn to Simutronics right now and make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I went to a Reim run once. Someone gave me an orb, and I had just returned to the game, so I really had no clue what I was getting into. I must say, I will likely never go again.

If I have to literally turn off half the settings of the front end, and still can't really even interact with the game or other characters there, I might as well be playing a game with my monitor turned off.

At first I thought it would be neat that it encourages group effort to complete a quest. But then I realized it was a totally robotic experience that is for pure farming purposes.

Is HoA to blame for all the Reim issues? Well, I guess what I consider issues, clearly others do not, as they are happy to participate. But there's still of course the lag, and mechanical benefits earned by those who participate, which does have an impact on everyone. It's something I've thought a lot about, because it's not exactly black and white, cut and dry.

I may not like what HoA does personally, but they are breaking no rules, and who am I to tell them how they should play and enjoy Gemstone? Plenty of them disagree with my play-style, and have utter disgust for me being a thief, and feel that I ruin other people's gaming experience by forcing CvC. I think it's a load of pansy BS, but they are entitled to that opinion nonetheless (At least they can opt out by closing their bags. I can't opt out of the lag except by logging off!). Do I think that HoA is being selfish and self serving by continuing to run Reim nights knowing how it negatively affects everyone else? Yes, yes I do. If it was me, I'd care more about my negative impact on the game, than I would about serving myself and my MHO's interests.

But even so, they are absolutely entitled to do what they are doing, and are breaking absolutely no rules. In the end, Simu deserves most of the blame, as I think pretty much everyone, even those who hate HoA the most, would agree.

Simu has the power to simply pull Reim, yet they won't. They have the power to enact other restrictions that reduce or remove the lag, but they do not. Clearly, they value that extra Reim money over the experience of everyone else. To me, that's sad, and shows the greatest issue most of us know the game currently faces - Pay 2 Win.
    I'm not sure REIM falls under pay 2 Win though. Most only use their daily premmy entry for REIM. I never re-orb myself and I don't even recall seeing any others doing it as much as people use to do it in the beginning. So if no one is buying orbs then Simu isn't getting any extra money out of this. I have quite a few orbs laying around when they were being sold half off from a few years ago that I plan to use once I go back to a regular account.

I myself was always against pay 2 win but then I started buying DR Books with silvers then buying them with the bloodscrip earned. I'm not really paying real cash at this point but others are. I mean it works... if people want to pay cash for books and sell me them with my in game currencies I'm completely fine with that.

But to note I have purchased some DR entries and DM entries in the past. But it's not something I've done in awhile with real cash.
    Last edited by Neovik1; 09-06-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    This thread fucking rules
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Someone call someone else a cuck I’m so close to busting a nut over here from the impotent animosity about Gemstone IV
    Reported for being a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    I got a year-long ban for a forums post, so v0v.
    wtf did you post?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    YOU FAILED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragz View Post
    Post #515 in another wizard thread with an unlimited power gif.

Coincidence or conspiracy?

You decide
    Estild will be along shortly to change it to post 514.5 and blame it on Mana Leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    You guys all talk shit. When I used to fight, I did everything I could to win. That would include pulling hair, eye gouging, slapping, ball kicks, titty twisters, etc.
    I only do suplexes and piledrivers. And flying elbows off the top rope, depending on what's available to improvise with.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    I'm not sure REIM falls under pay 2 Win though. Most only use their daily premmy entry for REIM. I never re-orb myself and I don't even recall seeing any others doing it as much as people use to do it in the beginning. So if no one is buying orbs then Simu isn't getting any extra money out of this. I have quite a few orbs laying around when they were being sold half off from a few years ago that I plan to use once I go back to a regular account.

I myself was always against pay 2 win but then I started buying DR Books with silvers then buying them with the bloodscrip earned. I'm not really paying real cash at this point but others are. I mean it works... if people want to pay cash for books and sell me them with my in game currencies I'm completely fine with that.
    I definitely don't consider Reim at the top of the Pay 2 Win list, by any means. I also can't speak for orb purchases. But it's certainly a factor in Premie subs, whatever the case may be.

But quite frankly, when I brought up Pay2Win issues in HoA Discord, it was literally me vs. the entire chat room- I was mocked, ridiculed, and scorned. In fact, many turned it into a joke all the way up until the day I was banned from the channel. Even people I once had respect for, I hold in less regard, because of the way they treated me for my views on it, and how blatantly Simu was defended.

But hey, what should I have expected? I might as well have gone to a church on Sunday and told them there is no God. Replace the altar with a Wyrom statue, and we'd have the exact same situation as me in HoA chat.

Oh man, and when I said that Simu has been doing way less Dev outside of Pay 2 Win, since 2016 or whenever it all really started getting crazy - HoA was like little Wyrom zealots going into action to defend him and Simu. HoA has their head so far up Wyrom's arse, they can't even see what's happening!

Does that mean everyone in HoA feels the same way? Probably not. But not ONE person tried to stand up for what I was saying there. Not ONE!! But I GUARANTEE you PC would have ripped you guys to shreds if you tried to make those weak Simu worshipping arguments here. It's why HoA hates PC so much - they can't handle the truth, because it means they are wrong. And that they are a huge part of the Pay 2 Win problem, IMO.