Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Confess your secrets

1. Default

Oh, and the moral of the story was I immediately felt regret and I had overreacted. I actually made some significant changes in my life after that because I recognized I was in the wrong.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Oh, and the moral of the story was I immediately felt regret and I had overreacted. I actually made some significant changes in my life after that because I recognized I was in the wrong.
    That is why I've never pulled a gun on anyone in the states. You really only have one option after that.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Oh I just remembered a good secret. I pulled a gun on a very aggressive door to door salesman who wouldn't "get off my lawn".
    Ever shove a Mormon?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That is why I've never pulled a gun on anyone in the states. You really only have one option after that.
    Yeah, pretty much what I concluded. I have no regrets about owning or carrying a firearm, I just needed to reset myself mentally. I was about to have heart surgery and was doing shit like writing a will, setting up an estate and trusts and I let it all get to me too much.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Ever shove a Mormon?
    I lived in Utah for a couple of years, they are incredibly nice and polite.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Oh I just remembered a good secret. I pulled a gun on a very aggressive door to door salesman who wouldn't "get off my lawn".
    You should not own a weapon in my opinion.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Good thing your opinion means jack shit.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

I lived in Utah for a couple of years, they are incredibly nice and polite.
    They put their foot in the door on my Grandmother when she had cancer. I have never crossed a room faster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Luckily, your opinion doesn't mean shit to anyone.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Forcing a relationship with a trainwreck mom will just fuck the kid up. They'll start thinking whatever the mom starts doing is normal in a relationship. Just focus on being a stable influence whenever you see your kid.
    I appreciate the sentiment (and everyone's) and the advice. "staying together for the kids" is always a clusterfuck, but this situation isn't quite the same. Mom will be happy, and I am a rational adult who can keep in check. I don't plan to roll this out in it's entirety to try and prove my point, so you will have to give me a bit of good faith on this one. I spent <many> years following the "be happier and better parents apart" ethos. It's solid advice and I have spent <many+more> years contemplating the matter in depth so this isn't a brash decision.

To the solid points of concern raised by you and others, I make the most of me and kid time every time, but it's a balancing act of Us time, Education time, and allowing Kid some freedom and responsibility without (respectively) shirking my tougher duties to just hang out and have fun, being "homework dad" and Kid not wanting to go to my house because it's like school (because kid gets no education beyond what I provide this is a major time expenditure to balance and keep up and literally be school), being negligent while trying to give kid freedom (Kid gets no freedom aside from what I give them. I know, that sounds hyperbolic, how could a kid get NO freedom right? Again, gonna have to just trust me on this point). It can't be done in half a week. Just can't. Especially with Mom's crazy and having to combat it from a distance. I see the dangers of normalizing Moms shit behaviors, but being around I can at least have some impact on it know what flavor crazy is on the menu that day. Her being with her mom half the week is much more normalizing especially cause I can't see whats even happening to try to counter balance it.

I do appreciate the concern, and the tips are valid to other situations, but not mine, which I'm not explaining so thats a pretty unsatisfying answer and I apologize for that. But, for <lots of years, god damn it I can't be this old>I have been working on how to win this level before it fuuuuuuuucks my kid up. I know this is the right play. lamely you all will just have to accept it's the play I am going with.
    In any case, its a decision I have come to with good reason and the boulder has dropped so I won't be switching ponies at this point. Just seemed like a worthy secret. I didn't expect the SPANISH INQUISITION!!!....huh, thought that would work.

@Lorbstar. "I wish upon my kid the sex I would wish upon myself as a youth (highschoolish maybe). Safe, fun, and consensual" if Kid wants to blow dicks, great. I need to educate them on how not to get a disease, not get expelled because you didn't want to walk 5 blocks off property, and not be having sex that can make-a da babies (gonna start calling it lorbstaring now) until you are actually wanting da babies. It's still a concept that makes me a touch uncomfortable, but thats my own hangup to deal with.