Page 184 of 291 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Is Flake on the verge of declaring he's a No vote if this goes forward without an investigation?
    you're so desperate

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I've seen you use that twice and I'm going to say, yes, it was pure speculation and it was strung in a way that made it compelling, the caveat being if it were true. It was quickly discovered that wasn't the case so I no longer find it compelling because it's been proven to be, untrue.

In this instance, I was saying that the article you linked felt very opinionated. I wasn't saying it was opinion. Just pointing that out. Now as to why, it's because I'm pretty positive I was not the only one so I posted as such. I'm not sure what I need to clear up but I'm basing off of how I perceive and I check to see if I am right in my perception or wrong.

That's all. I'm fairly certain this is all I can really say on the topic without heading in one giant circle.
    Fair enough. Thank you for this response and to be fair, the post you made today, which started me on this conversation was your review of an article that you had also read and were providing your impressions on.

Blog Entries

And he clears committee. Flake "asked" for a investigation, doesn't mean he is going to get it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And he clears committee. Flake "asked" for a investigation, doesn't mean he is going to get it.
    No it doesn't. But it's difficult to imagine Collins, Murkowski, or Manchin committing to a yes right now. They always take every opportunity to look indecisive until the last possible second- that's likely their strategy right now.

Now there are A LOT of ways for the White House to make the investigation useless (like refusing to issue subpoenas) or to ignore the final results (though they will almost assuredly be leaked)

Also, I doubt Flake would have agreed to this if he didn't know those three were willing to hold out as well.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-28-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Flake was in the hot-seat. He got out of that. One week is a LONG time to flip flop while covering your ass. Now what we will see is what kind of backbone Flake possesses if McConnell and trump blow this off.

6. Default

Appreciate Flake taking that point of view. Not going to look good on McConnell and Trump if they deny it.

7. Default

Murkowski said she's with Flake on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Appreciate Flake taking that point of view. Not going to look good on McConnell and Trump if they deny it.
    subpoena subpoena

9. Default

Murkowski just said she's with Flake. Collins and Manchin will undoubtedly do the same, and McConnell won't have any choice in the matter. He can't bring it for a floor vote now- it won't pass.

Now let's just hope that the investigations are actually thorough. If they won't issue subpoenas, it's hard to see how they get the info they need. But, if nothing else, this helps remove the stain that was about to sully the Senate, Kavanaugh, and SCOTUS.

Candidly, Flake may also have saved the GOP from a blue tsunami.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Candidly, Flake may also have saved the GOP from a blue tsunami.
    rofl
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam