Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Guilty as charged.
    reported

2. Default

Tisket using Gelston's avatar makes things confusing sometimes.

Blog Entries

So your answer is economic then?
    In part. Its a much bigger response but you seem disinterested in the discussion so I won't go into detail. A shorter version would be how our welfare system is setup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    In part. Its a much bigger response but you seem disinterested in the discussion so I won't go into detail. A shorter version would be how our welfare system is setup.
    Not disinterested, just quite secure in my views. And I'm lazy and not feeling particularly combative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Tisket using Gelston's avatar makes things confusing sometimes.
    It confuses me too.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Not disinterested, just quite secure in my views. And I'm lazy and not feeling particularly combative.
    Ben Shapiro sums up my position better than I probably can, though I think its more about single motherhood than "culture".

Last edited by drauz; 10-11-2017 at 11:16 PM.

I don't believe that most police are more likely to shoot blacks simply because of their skin color however, cops pull over blacks at far greater frequency than whites so that alone increases a black person's risk of police violence.

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=702
    Everyone knows the blacks love the ganja! Legal weed -> less blacks being pulled over -> racial equality in traffic stops -> less innocent(!) black people facing police brutality

You've posited that blacks are more prone to commit crimes (at least, that's what I think you are saying by posting crime statistics.) Why do you suppose that is? Do you believe it's genetic? Economic? You obviously don't believe it's the white man's fault so what do you think the underlying cause is? I'm genuinely curious.
    The idea that they commit more crime because the white man is keeping them down and/or they're poor is garbage. Being poor isn't an excuse for committing crimes. There are a lot of people that are poor that aren't out there shooting or assaulting people or otherwise committing crimes. This isn't based on race. If a group of people are more criminally active than others it's not because they're poor. It's because that's how they've chosen to deal with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I blame Skittles. There just isn't enough difference in the colors/flavors. /rage
    Fuck off with your hippie bullshit! Mix a few together and you'll get some new colors.
    Last edited by subzero; 10-12-2017 at 02:47 AM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Everyone knows the blacks love the ganja! Legal weed -> less blacks being pulled over -> racial equality in traffic stops -> less innocent(!) black people facing police brutality

The idea that they commit more crime because the white man is keeping them down and/or they're poor is garbage. Being poor isn't an excuse for committing crimes. There are a lot of people that are poor that aren't out there shooting or assaulting people or otherwise committing crimes. This isn't based on race. If a group of people are more criminally active than others it's not because they're poor. It's because that's how they've chosen to deal with things.

Fuck off with your hippie bullshit! Mix a few together and you'll get some new colors.
    Once again with the sweeping generalizations. Anyway, let me ask you too...why do you suppose the black crime rate is so high? Because all I'm seeing is people implying that there is nothing that could possibly point to racism as an underlying cause. What I am seeing however, is a lot of outrage at the simple assertion that perhaps there is some inequity at work in our society that is contributing to black crime statistics.
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-12-2017 at 03:17 AM. Reason: words are hard
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tisk4fun View Post
    Once again with the sweeping generalizations. Anyway, let me ask you too...why do you suppose the black crime rate is so high? Because all I'm seeing is people implying that there is nothing that could possibly point to racism as an underlying cause. What I am seeing however, is a lot of outrage at the simple assertion that perhaps there is some inequity at work in our society that is contributing to black crime statistics.
    You are pointing towards racism without backing it up. Back it up and you might get less "outrage". I could assert it's because they have higher thetan levels, just so long as I don't have to back it up. That doesn't mean it's true.

Sure it's possible it's racism but I've pointed to another reason that I can backup. Can you? I've actually thought about this a lot with it being the hot button issue for the last two years. I'm not just pulling reasons out of my ass.
    Last edited by drauz; 10-12-2017 at 03:38 AM.

What I am seeing however, is a lot of outrage at the simple assertion that perhaps there is some inequity at work in our society that is contributing to black crime statistics.
    It's possible, I wouldn't mind seeing some specifics though.

I would love to see the government do a better job at helping poorer communities; better schooling, better job opportunities, tackling gang problems.

The trouble is these don't get people reelected as well as claiming your opponent hates you because you're black.