Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I'm not trying to change your, or anyone else's mind however, I fundamentally disagree with you and my other conservative friends on this issue.

Now I'm headed off to spend some money at the mall. Ciao!
    I think what Gelston is getting at is, disproportionate to what? If you just look at race then yes you could reach that conclusion. If you look at reported crimes then you would find that they are statistically under represented. 13% of the population is responsible for 50% of the murders in the US.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    and there is evidence of institutional racism at all levels of income in the sample.
    Where is the evidence? Is there also institutional sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I think what Gelston is getting at is, disproportionate to what? If you just look at race then yes you could reach that conclusion. If you look at reported crimes then you would find that they are statistically under represented. 13% of the population is responsible for 50% of the murders in the US.
    Not to mention 43% of cop killers are black, which means blacks are much more likely to attack a police officer and pull a weapon on them which might explain some of why percentage/population wise blacks are killed more than whites.

The problem with this argument is people just look at raw numbers and arrive to the conclusion that cops are racist murderous thugs engaging in genocide (and being terrible at it considering they only manage to kill about 200 black people per year, even assuming they were all perfect little angels.)

People don't want to look at the specifics, like which race the cop was or which race the civilian was, who is more likely to attack and kill a police officer, were those civilians shot and killed pointing a weapon at the officer, were they trying to run the officer over with their car, were they reaching for the officer's weapon.

Because if we look at the specifics of each case the whole narrative falls apart. We have to keep things as vague as possible and if you want to discuss details then you're racist.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I honestly don't know what you intend to convey in your post but, I will say this: if you (or anyone else for that matter) believe blacks are treated fairly and equitably in the United States, whether economically or legally, then I laugh at your absurdity. I'm not invested in the argument enough to google shit and I'm not going to bother because you (general "you", not specifically you) will interpret results to suit your own beliefs and desires on the subject. Rest assured that I am probably laughing at you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I kinda enjoy stirring the pot. With the recent liberal exodus, someone's got to take up the slack.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

6. Default

With the recent liberal exodus, someone's got to take up the slack.
    There is no slack in that department.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Really? I've only noticed Ashliana posting in politics. Haven't been paying much attention though.
    I like penis.

I kinda enjoy stirring the pot. With the recent liberal exodus, someone's got to take up the slack.
    PC is boring now. Kind of funny how most of us still here were accused of being the pot stirrers when it really was those who left.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    You need to do a better job at fulfilling time4dumb's role. I give you like 2 stars out of 5.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't know what you intend to convey in your post but, I will say this: if you (or anyone else for that matter) believe blacks are treated fairly and equitably in the United States, whether economically or legally, then I laugh at your absurdity. I'm not invested in the argument enough to google shit and I'm not going to bother because you (general "you", not specifically you) will interpret results to suit your own beliefs and desires on the subject. Rest assured that I am probably laughing at you though.
    I'm asking what you are basing your assertion on. If I were a police officer I would probably be biased. I would know that I have a much higher chance of being killed if I was dealing with a black person over a white person. Since the vast majority of police deaths are involving armed subjects and a very small minority involving unarmed subjects I don't think you've really done anything but echo a talking point you heard.