Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
For the past 7 years I've passed the time between merchants playing games... a lot of us have, spending millions on shovels. I can assure you that having to now purchase those same millions of silvers in shovels with simucoins will cost me more than my ticket price, including the merchant/raffle/wtfever price if the price of these holds true to what we've seen at DR and DM. So unless those games prices end up drastically different then I'm loosely looking at something like this...

For all of EG last year I spent roughly 20-25m silver. Less than 8m of that was used to buy merchandise/merchant time.
So that leaves us with 12-15m in games. At 1,000 silver per, that's approximately 15,000 game turns.
If Simu sells booklets of 50 for these games, as history with DR and DM have shown, I'm looking at purchasing 30 books. If the price remains the same, that's 5,000 simucoins per book or roughly $36.66 per.
So, in order to play the same number of games that I played last year for $55, I'll now have to spend $1,099.80.

While this is based on a lot of conjecture, we do have a fairly solid history of what Simu charges for books/shovels/dollhouse runs to go off of.
I think the dollhouse 50ct books may have only been 4500 so $33 per 50-ct book or $990 for 30 books.

Is my math particularly wrong here?

ACTUALLY, that doesn't even include the price of raffles/merchants/necropolis-revamp. Soooo yeah. EG just got super expensive for me to play it the same way I have in the past.

As far as the extension goes, that was nice of him. The adding a bunch of things to envelopes to entice people to spend more as part of that apology for the delay, that left a bad taste in my mouth. I do hope you and yours are safe in Houston.
Thanks. (also, thanks Kobold and Allereli) We're doing fine, thankfully - our subdivision is blessed with unbelievable drainage and a really high levee. Came close to panicking Monday when the forecast for the Brazos River was supposed to hit 59 feet (the height of our levee) and we were under voluntary evacuation, but they lowered the forecast to 56 feet and I was able to breathe easy then. Having tornado warnings and flash flood warnings every 15-30 minutes the first couple of nights made it hard to sleep though.

I do think that type of pricing for the EG shovels would be high, and I certainly wouldn't buy any (I haven't bought anything for DM or the DR Dig, and I've done the sewer maybe 5 times total?) - I'm not one for the slot machine using real dollars. I didn't mind EG digging/games for silver, but I won't buy in using Simucoins per shovel.

I didn't see adding extra prizes to the envelopes as an additional reason to buy slips/tokens - I viewed them as an incidental bonus, and I'm fairly sure that's how Wyrom meant for it to be taken. I guess maybe we have way more players that are extraordinarily addicted to slot machines than I thought, and if that's the case, then a responsible corporation should recognize that in their decision-making, irrespective of product life-cycle.