Thread: Boomer Box Hunting: Can it be done?

Default Boomer Box Hunting: Can it be done?

First, do boomers explode in critter filled rooms? If they do, do you think it's possible to use them as effectively a 'last resort' grenade? Surrounded by enemies, you trigger a boomer box stunning and maiming everything in the room?

Most box traps are extra focused on the person who opens them, and the room damage is secondary. So if you are in an "oh shit" situation, the chances that blowing a trap would do more good than harm is slim.

EDIT TO ADD
    If you have the time to sheath your weapon and shield, grab your box and pick, and blow the thing up, you have time to just walk away.
    Last edited by Ososis; 05-17-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

You could if you are retarded.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

They really need a portable handheld boomer box...you can chuck from an adjacent room.

They do, it's part of 730. Animate something - go (direction) - tell animate explode. It does piddly damage in general, but boom?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    They do, it's part of 730. Animate something - go (direction) - tell animate explode. It does piddly damage in general, but boom?
    Oh that's...very interesting. An animate can set off a boomer box?

There are also exploding gems, and the bracers that fire explosive/poisonous/etc items.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Hunting should produce boxes, not consume them.

Some words of wisdom from Gauntlet that seem vaguely applicable: eat the food, don't shoot it!
    Last edited by gilchristr; 05-17-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    I grew up on a moisture plantation. Enjoy long walks on the beach and shopping at Tashi station. Looking for trades involving analog power convertors.

Clerics can make exploding gems via BLESS, which would be far more reliable and quicker to grab and toss if you're a two handed or runestaff user especially. Brimstone - https://gswiki.play.net/Brimstone

There used to be red crystals back in the day which were basically like boomers... but those were removed pretty soon after AOL went live for the snert factor (eg people dropping them from the treehouse into TSC). I'm pretty sure they're all gone by now or have been neutered retroactively.

And no. Animates cannot pick or set off boxes, but a sorcerer can command them to explode, dealing damage to critters.
    Last edited by zingzang; 05-18-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Extra - TYPO!

Quote Originally Posted by zingzang View Post
    Clerics can make exploding gems via CHRISM, which would be far more reliable and quicker to grab and toss if you're a two handed or runestaff user especially. Brimstone - https://gswiki.play.net/Brimstone

There used to be red crystals back in the day which were basically like boomers... but those were removed pretty soon after AOL went live for the snert factor (eg people dropping them from the treehouse into TSC). I'm pretty sure they're all gone by now or have been neutered retroactively.

And no. Animates cannot pick or set off boxes, but a sorcerer can command them to explode, dealing damage to critters.
    Red crystals.. badass. They always take away the best toys!
    Last edited by hello; 05-17-2017 at 06:40 PM.