Page 243 of 276 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2754

Thread: Which Good Movie Have You Seen Recently?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Spectral. A made for Netflix film that turned out to be pretty good. Whoever wrote the blurb giving a synopsis of the film never actually saw the film though. Good acting, not great, but solid. Interesting plot with the exception of one Hollywood-MacGyver moment, and it kept my interest through the whole film. And believable reactions to the threat from the military guys involved.
    The people who wrote those blurbs don't watch movies, IMO. It's even worse for Charter. LOL
    Titanic: a suspenseful story about a man who loses love and does whatever it takes to survive.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Saw Logan last night. It was every bit as awesome as expected.

^I second that.. it was fucking great.. raw wolverine.

The Dressmaker (on Amazon Prime)
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

5. Default

Captain America: Civil War

Blog Entries

Captain Fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Captain Fantastic
    Kina liked this a lot too, I didn't love it except for the last thirty or so seconds. Which parts did you like?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Get Out.

Jordan Peele continues to be brilliant. Get Out has elements of Hitchcock, Tarantino, and Kubrick. The slow reveal of the intricate story punctuated by brutal violence is really what makes this movie hilarious. I say hilarious because, while suspenseful and thought provoking, it is also fantastic and ultimately only trying to be funny. In this, and in many other ways, it succeeds.
    Last edited by Back; 03-15-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Kina liked this a lot too, I didn't love it except for the last thirty or so seconds. Which parts did you like?
    I liked the whole family dynamic. The fact that the love between the members was strong and true and, even when the actuality of how appropriate that lifestyle was for children was called into question, you never doubted the love between the members. Even the grandparents, you never doubted their genuine concern and love even though they could easily have been cast as the villains in the movie. I guess the part I disliked was the way they left the grandparents, that felt unresolved to me. But then again, most families have unresolved issues so that felt honest in it's own way too.

I just liked the message, that it's not the end of the world (or a family) when mistakes are made. You learn from them and move on and hopefully do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    The Dressmaker (on Amazon Prime)
    Just finished watching this last night. With a half hour left, we were wondering what was left in the story. Oh boy.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.