Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam Alert - SashaFierce / Alastir

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    !!! Now I can have the 1-hour round trip parties I always dreamt of.

Thanks for the heads-up, Jarvan!
    Well, you would be 3 hours crossing the spine, but yeah. Much better for parties and events.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    Well, you would be 3 hours crossing the spine, but yeah. Much better for parties and events.
    True, but still. Airship and boat are finally the replacements for other travel methods that they always should have been. Nice!
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by FinisWolf View Post
    Who/What the hell is "Neathon", quick Google search returned a lot of trip advisor hotel/motels.

I suppose to be honest, I have no clue what the populace is like in GS anymore. I come. Stay a month or three. Then go. Guess I am a hanger on of what things were like ages ago, and like to keep thinking that way about the people in GS.

Ebber Wut Ever.

Finis
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/album.php...achmentid=6488

Bam, Neathon.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

Blog Entries

Buying something for less than it's worth is not a scam. How some of you can go through life without understanding such a basic premise is beyond me. I don't care if the seller was talked into it. That's how negotiation works. It's not fraudulent or illegal to get a lower price on something than the buyer might otherwise get if they exercised patience.

Has the seller even chimed in yet? I know I've sold items for far less than they were worth because I needed cash for something else. There's just a whole hell of a lot of speculation and very little fact in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I think people are letting their (justified) dislike of Inspire color their opinion here.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    He called Kalros a cheap bastard for only offering 10m for a pendant when he paid 1m for a golvern segment which started this whole war.
    He also for whatever reason decided to start calling me a scammer, in threads and on the merchant channel. Before this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    Don't be scammed by Haldrik/Kalros. Pendants have sold for 25m.
    Line 24256: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Keep trying to scam a pendant out of someone for 10m" (20:37:11)
    Line 24883: [Merchant]-GSIV:Alastir: "Kalros is just trying to scam someones pendant for 10m" (20:41:05)

After all of this, I really thought, "Does he even know what a scam is?" It also really made me question his integrity as a merchant. Could he be this oblivious to his own faults? And then I got more information how about his scam went down. I really hate people taking advantage of the uninformed.

Perhaps this all harkans back to when I was scammed in 5th grade. When I firsted started playing TMG I went into a comic book store and bought my first 3rd edition booster pack. I pulled a white/black double land. Some older guy in the store saw it and offered me a White Knight. He said white knights were immune to black decks because of protection from black. It was awesome, and totally worth the trade for the double land. So I traded. And then when my father found out I made a trade, I received a very stern lecture about a variety of issues, unethical people, scammers, being informed, etc. Turns out I traded a $20 card for a .05 cent card.

Yes, we can educate and inform those uneducated, unsophisticated, and/or innocent sellers and buyers. But that doesn't mean the advantaged parties should get a pass. And they don't. Not here, not in the legal system either.

Tisket wanted to have an argument thats buying an item for $1 and selling for $1million (or whatever) is OK in our U.S. legal system. I didn't feel like taking the bait. But more and more people have been posting that its "ok" and that its "legal" and "capitalism." So, first off, the term 'legal' or 'illegal' should be clarified. Legality infers criminal sanctions. There is generally no crimes associated with the above (that I know of) except in the context of abusing the elderly. E.g. Selling ant-aging creams to the elderly.

So, Tisket is probably referring to 'civil liability', the non-criminal side. And, I hate to break it to you, but there is civil liability for buying extremely low and selling extremely high. In fact, there is multitudes of ways to void a contract (reverse the sale) when one party is uninformed or unknowledgeable, and the other the opposite. For any sale there is a contract, written or implied. In order for a contract to be formed, there has to be a 'meeting of the minds.' Parties cannot 'meet' if they do not understand what they are selling, or if one person is at an advantage to the other.

The legal term is called 'unconscionability'. This is an excerpt from a contracts book:

b. Substantive: The "substantive" sort of unconscionability occurs where the clause or contract itself (rather than the process used to arrive at the contract) is unduly unfair and one-sided. [485]

i. Excessive price: An important example of substantive unconscionability is where the seller charges an excessive price. Usually, an excessive price clause only comes about when there is also some sort of procedural unconscionability (e.g., an uneducated consumer who doesn’t understand what he is agreeing to), since otherwise the consumer will usually simply find a cheaper supplier. [485 - 486]
    And for the record. 1m to 75m = 7500% mark up.

TL;DR - Anyone who says 'capitalism' or 'its legal' or 'buyer beware' has no fucking clue what they are talking about.

/thread
    Last edited by Haldrik; 05-09-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Buying something for less than it's worth is not a scam. How some of you can go through life without understanding such a basic premise is beyond me. I don't care if the seller was talked into it. That's how negotiation works. It's not fraudulent or illegal to get a lower price on something than the buyer might otherwise get if they exercised patience.

Has the seller even chimed in yet? I know I've sold items for far less than they were worth because I needed cash for something else. There's just a whole hell of a lot of speculation and very little fact in this thread.
    I agree. I have sold things for less then they are worth to get a quick influx of capital for other deals already. Of course, I usually do this with known people or friends.

I think people are letting their (justified) dislike of Inspire color their opinion here.
    One of them is inspire?
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

How you can go through life assuming you are so right when you are so very very very wrong is beyond me.

To me this isn't about what's a scam and what isn't a scam, it's about what's good business and what isn't. If you plan on sticking around, you're much better off making deals where both parties are satisfied. It doesn't mean you take a bath, or don't make a profit, as that is an unreasonable expectation, but it does mean fair dealing. Ask anyone who runs an established business, (like say, me), and they'll tell you that long term relationships and trust are keys to success. In the long run, you're better off doing a good deal with the newb than fucking them over for one big score, because if they stick around, you'll do a lot of business with them, and other future customers will trust you as well. Fuck them over and word gets around, and you lose business. Simple as that.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    How you can go through life assuming you are so right when you are so very very very wrong is beyond me.
    Irony.
    I like penis.