Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince Dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Prince Dead

Legendary artist Prince was found dead at his recording studio in Minnesota early on Thursday, according to a TMZ report. He was 57.

Deputies are on scene of a death investigation at Paisley Park in Chanhassen, authorities told The Hollywood Reporter. The sheriff's office says they are conducting a death investigation currently and are notifying next of kin before releasing the name of the individual who died.

No further information was immediately available. The artist's reps have not yet responded to a request for comment.

The dizzylingly prolific multi-instrumentalist and virtuosic performer was born Prince Rogers Nelson June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minn.

He released his debut album, For You, in 1978, followed by Prince (1979), Dirty Mind (1980) and Controversy (1981). All of them traded in his trademark sound — deep synth funk grooves with provocatively sexual lyrics and heart-piercing ballads sung in pure falsetto.

His mainstream breakthrough came with back-to-back albums with his backing band the Recultion: In 1982, 1999 launched several pop and dance floor hits onto the charts, including Little Red Corvette and the title song, a post-apocalyptic party anthem.

Two years later he released the album — a soundtrack, actually, to his movie-starring debut — that would launch him into the same superstar stratosphere of other ‘80s pop titans like Michael Jackson and Madonna.

The soundtrack was 1984’s Purple Rain, a searing musical backdrop to a semi-autobiographical tale of “The Kid,” a Minneapolis rocker from an abusive family. The album launched five singles, two of which — “When Doves Cry” and Let’s Go Crazy” — went to Number 1 on the Billboard chart. The title ballad reached No. 2 and has gone on to become one of the most recognizable rock anthems in history. The soundtrack itself is frequently cited on music critics’ polls as being one of the best of all time.

More to come.
    "It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality."

Son of a bitch.

RIP Prince
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Son of a bitch.

RIP Prince
    Why are you calling him that? He just DIED. Rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Why are you calling him that? He just DIED. Rude.
    My bad.

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    My bad.

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson.

I thought his name was a symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I thought his name was a symbol?
    I think he changed it back to a word after like a year didn't he?

What would your name be if you changed it to a symbol?
    Last edited by Methais; 04-21-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Damn, Chyna AND Prince? Sad day indeed.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Damn, Chyna AND Prince? Sad day indeed.
    Bad day to be one of them there one-namers. Look out, Madonna, you old bag you!

Crap.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

WTF. WTF. WTF.