Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: My scripts

Running into more weird tpick issues. It's not picking twice when it probably should.

tpick: No trap found.]
    [tpick: Measuring lock.]
    [tpick]>get my calipers
    You remove a set of professional calipers from in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    [tpick]>lmaster measure #43136739
    Using your professional calipers, you carefully begin to measure the lock...
    Roundtime: 12 sec.
    R>
    Measuring carefully, it looks to be a very basic lock.
    R>
    [tpick]>put my calipers in my toolkit
    You put a set of professional calipers in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    [tpick]>get my green lockpick from my toolkit
    Get what?
    >
    [tpick]>open my toolkit
    That is already open.
    >
    [tpick]>get my green lockpick from my toolkit
    Get what?
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't find green lockpick.]
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with green lockpick. Trying glaes lockpick.]
    [tpick]>get my glaes lockpick from my toolkit
    You remove a glossy black glaes lockpick from in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    [tpick: Attempting to pick lock.]
    [tpick]>lmas ptrick spin #43136739
    With a quick flick of the wrist, you spin your glaes lockpick around in your palm, stopping it as the tip enters a rotting thanot trunk...
    You make a poor attempt (d100=32).
    You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it.
    Roundtime: 18 sec.

R>
    The focused look leaves you.
    R>
    [tpick]>put my glaes lockpick in my toolkit
    You put a glossy black glaes lockpick in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with glaes lockpick. Trying hatpin.]
    [tpick]>get my hatpin from my toolkit
    Get what?
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't find hatpin.]
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with hatpin. Trying vultite lockpick.]
    [tpick]>get my vultite lockpick from my toolkit
    Get what?
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't find vultite lockpick.]
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with vultite lockpick. Trying grey lock.]
    [tpick]>get my grey lock from my toolkit
    You remove an opal-edged grey rolaren lockpick from in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    With a quick flick of the wrist, you spin your grey rolaren lockpick around in your palm, stopping it as the tip enters a rotting thanot trunk...
    You make a pathetic attempt (d100=3).
    You are not able to pick the lock, and learn little about it.

R>
    [tpick]>put my grey lock in my toolkit
    You put an opal-edged grey rolaren lockpick in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with grey lock. Trying veniom lockpick.]
    [tpick]>get my veniom lockpick from my toolkit
    Get what?
    >
    [tpick: Couldn't find veniom lockpick.]
    [tpick: Couldn't pick lock with veniom lockpick. Trying black lockpick.]
    [tpick]>get my black lockpick from my toolkit
    You remove a red-flecked black invar lockpick from in your vruul-hide toolkit.
    >
    With a quick flick of the wrist, you spin your black invar lockpick around in your palm, stopping it as the tip enters a rotting thanot trunk...
    You make a pathetic attempt (d100=6).
    You are not able to pick the trunk, but you get a sense that it has a simple lock. About a -300 difficulty lock (in thief-lingo).
    R>
    With a quick flick of the wrist, you spin your black invar lockpick around in your palm, stopping it as the tip enters a rotting thanot trunk...
    You make an adequate attempt (d100=57).
    You struggle with the trunk. As you do, you get a sense that the trunk has a simple lock (-300 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!

[You have 2 repetitions remaining.]

Roundtime: 8 sec.

I think the message that you learn little about it is a "bad" message. It could just be because you rolled low but I think the script is designed to err on the side of caution.

As far as why it picked twice with the invar lockpick it's because when you get the message about determining the lock difficulty that's considered a "good" message so the script is going to try again.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-30-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I think the message that you learn little about it is a "bad" message. It could just be because you rolled low but I think the script is designed to err on the side of caution.

As far as why it picked twice with the invar lockpick it's because when you get the message about determining the lock difficulty that's considered a "good" message so the script is going to try again.
    Uggh. Okay. Thank you.

Hellloo! Someone ran into a problem with tpick not disarming correctly so I decided to do a little debug adventure. (I've been tinkering with tpick a bit to save traps for rogue reps.)

The problem is two-fold. First, the paste bin.

[tpick]>get coins from #33804641
    [tpick: Resting until mind reaches 90%.]
    [tpick: Checking for traps.]
    [tpick]>disarm #33804635
    You gather the remaining 2331 coins.
    Roundtime: 2 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 1 second.
    sR>
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    sR>
    [tpick: No trap found.]
    Typically, FPUT would deal with the "... wait" and repeat disarm. However, in this case "fput get coins" actually went through at the same exact time as "fput disarm", giving FPUT a false positive. Part of this is related to the loot section of get coins.

Code:
    if item.name =~ /coins/
    				sleep 0.5
    				waitrt?
    				sleep 0.1
    			end
    This section doesn't really stop double commands from being input if there is a .5 delay between get coin and the server responding

If you don't want to use dothistimeout on the loot line then something like this could be helpful. I know you can write this on your own but I'm not doing anything better right now. Another thought is you can check the total coins and if they are above the RT threshold you could waitrt?.

Code:
    if item.name !~ /urglaes fang/ && item.name !~ /doomstone/
    			fput "get #{item} from ##{current_box}" if item.name !~ /coins/
    			if item.name =~ /coins/
    				dothistimeout "get #{item} from ##{current_box}", 2, /^You get|^You remove|^You gather/ 
    				waitrt?
    			end
    		end

Okay. So that's the coin issue.

The bigger issue is, why did it say - "No trap found." I would expect current_trap_type == nil. After going through your recursive disarm section, PS. screw recursive. It became apparent that the only way into the echo "No trap found." is through current_trap_type == "No trap found."

So then I traced current_trap_type and it it looks like current_trap_type is not being reset after each box. So, this particular person on the LAST trap, found no trap. So it carried over to the next trap. If you look at your 416 check_for_trap proc it resets current_trap_type = nil. But there is no such code anywhere else besides initializing. So unless you reset current_trap_type elsewhere, I don't believe its being reset.

Yeah most of the ;tpick code was written during my lazy days. Well, lazier days.

I gotta say though, I've probably picked tens of thousands of boxes with this script and never ran into this problem so this person should rush out and buy a lottery ticket because they hit the lottery of bugs

But naww, when I reopen my accounts I'll fix this bug.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-23-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Yeah most of the ;tpick code was written during my lazy days. Well, lazier days.

I gotta say though, I've probably picked tens of thousands of boxes with this script and never ran into this problem so this person should rush out and buy a lottery ticket because they hit the lottery of bugs

But naww, when I reopen my accounts I'll fix this bug.
    Haha. This is also probably related to sometimes how it gets stuck on disarm. That's only happened about 3 times out of 10,000 boxes.

A quick fix that probably works is:

measure = proc{
    current_trap_type == nil
    waitrt?

Found a small regex bug and another weird bug. But not sure if I caused it but no time to look tonight.

Code:
    	#Trap has already been set off
    		elsif line =~ /Peering into the (box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.**It appears as though the tube used to be covered with a thin membrane\, but it has torn mostly away\, and greyish-green powder covers the area around it\./
    Regex needs two spaces.

After I fixed the regex it bugged out on the spores traps. I just tried a sulfur one that was already disarmed and it worked fine.

Code:
    tpick]>get #34811083
    You remove a rotting maoral chest from in your gold raw silk pack.
    >
    [tpick]>disarm #34811083
    You carefully begin to examine a rotting maoral chest for traps...

Peering into the chest's lock, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism.  It appears as though the tube used to be covered with a thin membrane, but it has torn mostly away, and greyish-green powder covers the area around it.
    >
    [tpick: Found a Spores trap has already been set off. trap.]
    [tpick]>get #34809280
    >
    You remove a plain thanot chest from in your gold raw silk pack.
    >
    [tpick]>disarm #34811083
    You will need to have both hands free or be holding just the chest for that.
    >;kill
    >
    Last edited by Haldrik; 12-23-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    Code:
    		elsif line =~ /Peering into the (box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.**It appears as though the tube used to be covered with a thin membrane\, but it has torn mostly away\, and greyish-green powder covers the area around it\./
    Regex needs two spaces.
    The code in the latest version on the repo is:

Code:
    elsif line =~ /Peering into the (box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.\s+It appears as though the tube used to be covered with a thin membrane\, but it has torn mostly away\, and greyish-green powder covers the area around it\./
    The /s+ should match 1 or more spaces.

I got in the habit of just using \s+ after periods because some game lines on gswiki use one space yet it appears there are always two spaces after periods in GS even though you should only use one space because this isn't the 19fucking80's!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-23-2015 at 10:45 PM.

The code in the latest version on the repo is:

Code:
    elsif line =~ /Peering into the (box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.\s+It appears as though the tube used to be covered with a thin membrane\, but it has torn mostly away\, and greyish-green powder covers the area around it\./
    The /s+ should match 1 or more spaces.

I got in the habit of just using \s+ after periods because some game lines on gswiki use one space yet it appears there are always two spaces after periods in GS even though you should only use one space because this isn't the 19fucking80's!
    I have version 81. It's the last match. Yes, I took spores to the face.

#####Spores information#####
    #Manual detection
    elsif line =~ /Peering into the.*(box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.\s+The tube is capped with a thin membrane\, but it seems likely that the tumblers would tear it off while turning\./
    current_trap_type = "spores"
    #Successful manual disarm
    elsif line =~ /Taking a lump of putty from your.*\, you carefully apply it to the end of the small tube\.\s+That should block whatever it\'s meant to deploy\./
    current_trap_type = "Spores trap has been disarmed."
    break
    #Already manually disarmed
    elsif line =~ /Peering into the.*(box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.\s+It appears as though the tube has been plugged with something\./
    current_trap_type = "Spores trap has already been disarmed."
    break
    #Already disarmed with 408
    elsif line =~ /You see a thin tube extending from the lock mechanism down into the.*(box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\.\s+The end of the tube is surrounded by a crimson glow\.|Peering into the.*(box|strongbox|chest|trunk|coffer)\'s lock\, you see a small tube towards the bottom of the tumbler mechanism\.\s+A crimson glow surrounds the mouth of the tube\./
    current_trap_type = "Spores trap has already been disarmed with 408."
    break
    current_trap_type = "Spores trap has already been set off."
    break
    Last edited by Haldrik; 12-23-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Are you positive you have the latest version? My version says 83 but I suppose it's possible I forgot to upload it the last time I updated it.