Thread: Post Cap Training Directions

Default Post Cap Training Directions

So ever since I capped I've suffered from a complete lack of focus and have probably spent more BPs than is strictly advisable on trying different specs out. I figured I'd ask here to see if some advice might help me stay on track for something.

Let's get the skills out of the way:

Armor Use..........................| 20 4
    Physical Fitness...................| 201 101
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 201 101
    Magic Item Use.....................| 201 101
    Spell Aiming.......................| 302 202
    Harness Power......................| 201 101
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 201 101
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 247 147
    Perception.........................| 120 30
    Climbing...........................| 150 50
    Swimming...........................| 150 50

Spell Lists
    Major Elemental....................| 153

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 75

Spell Lists
    Wizard.............................| 75

I look a little weird at the moment since I had to pull points out of perception and dump them in to fire lore for a Duskruin grind I was working on. I'm currently looking to get my perception back up to at least 1x before I embark on something else. I'm thinking EMC for the mana leech, temporal reversion, mana regen and enchanting bonuses. Other options I've considered would be taking perception all the way to 2x, moving up in harness, or finishing the lore grind so I could get 24 ranks of air lore back. I mostly hunt the Rift so I don't think that CM are going to be a major factor unless I move, which is highly unlikely.

I've seen some of the info on the minor shock spam spec and it seems interesting but I don't think I have the mana or equipment to support that any time soon so it seems like I'll probably be sticking with the immolation build for a while yet.

Mana isn't really an issue for Rapid Fire 901 since you can Leech. I did it on my mage with 1x HP at cap. Bolt AS was only around 515-ish, so I wasn't an enhancives beast or anything. It's pretty fun.

Why the large training in MjE? For enchanting? I thought I had heard 101 across the board was good. But maybe that was for something else. Just curious. 😊

I think you'd be fine with just 1x in perception for awhile. Just got my Wiz up to around 80 perception and fare a lot better against maneuvers and such. Personally, I like air lore and have used 505 all the way except for early on of course, and that was before they put in the cheater spell 1700 or whatever it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    Why the large training in MjE? For enchanting? I thought I had heard 101 across the board was good. But maybe that was for something else. Just curious. 
    CS for immolation... high fire lore implies an immo build.

Definitely perception to 1x... I LOVE 2x perception... I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Consider going up to 1.5x MIU for Fusion enchanting... full 2x if you have any self-chargers... although, being a rift hunter, I'll guess not.
    Depending on your goals for lores, could also snag 24 air for disk space and haste potency.

I dunno about over 1x HP... I'd almost rather bite the bullet and start Dodge training for more DS... I'd say CMAN for disarm and maneuver protection... but no disarming in the rift.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I dunno about over 1x HP... I'd almost rather bite the bullet and start Dodge training for more DS... I'd say CMAN for disarm and maneuver protection... but no disarming in the rift.
    You know what sucks? You are now the second person to say this to me after I posted this. Dodge is probably what it's going to have to be, but holy shit am I going to be hating life for the next 5 million xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    Why the large training in MjE? For enchanting? I thought I had heard 101 across the board was good. But maybe that was for something else. Just curious. 
    And like Whirlin said, I primarily hunt using immolation so I stacked spell ranks for CS.

I actually had 202 ranks of perception with zero lores and I can see why people love that. Tonis bolt is fairly meh to me, lots of non corp in the rift and as an air attuned wizard with high CS I get better knockdowns with 415. I'll still probably grab 24 ranks of air for the haste and disk space though, at this point more fire lore isn't really bringing much to the table.

So looks like right now the first goal is still 1x perception at a minimum. Then either cap lore ranks out, keep moving up in perception, or just tackle the worst grind I'll experience post cap. I was really hoping someone could have given me a good reason to do something easy like arcane symbols.
    Last edited by Barundar; 06-23-2015 at 12:22 PM.