Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodriven Village Shops

Arena and Ratacomb updates:

Okay, based on feedback I made some updates. Also, due to the quantity vs quality argument, I've made changes to loot in the Ratacombs.

Arena

*Creatures that are bound should stop causing the hazards.
    *RT locked creatures will still be able to fire off the hazards.
    *Extra death messaging with no deeds is resolved (you weren't dying more, it was just being silly).
    *Matches are roughly 8 minutes, not 6. This hasn't changed, but the intro messaging reflects this.
    *If a GameHost or GameMaster enters your arena, it will pause the match briefly (not the creature), but they need to leave, and you need to ASSIST or REPORT when you're done.

Ratacombs

*The sewage sweeper doesn't strike much at all anymore. It should be a rare occurrence. And it doesn't ever take you to the starting spot. This NEVER uses up a search attempt. Just because I said rare doesn't mean it can't strike twice in a trip. It can happen, but not that often. This is a 1% chance now.
    *I've decreased the number of loot you can find in a single trip into the Ratacombs and stabilized the loot to not be so random. Loot drops at a rate of 10% of all searches. As an FYI, this is now better than anything you experienced on opening night last time. Loot is still random though, like a slot machine (this is the nature of GS). There will still be times you don't win great things, but you have better chances at a jackpot find now.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Minor updates for the Arena:

Added some safeguards for characters level 10 and below so creatures don't have an overwhelming number of health. Some creatures do have higher attack strengths though.

Fixed a typo in the intro.

Gave the ability for creatures to spawn with more mana.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Default Item cost info

Following is some info that I came up with in my quest to figure out the costs associated with buying one of those nice armors for 30,000 bs. Let me know if anything looks off.

No code has to be inserted here.

4. Default

Anyone know the weight and capacity for the weight reducing cloak?

Anyone got stats on the two ruic bows in Bloodriven Bowery?

a lapis-tinted ruic bow traced in filigree along the limbs 84
    a leather-strapped dark ruic bow with a faint oily sheen 24

Is there a difference with them mechanically? Perhaps one is more scripted. Something for the reason why one is 84 bloodscrip while the other is only 28. Is it just because one has a "fancier" description?

Edit:

I ended up just buying both of them. Nothing special from what I can tell. Though the leather-strapped bow is actually just a short bow hence the cost difference.
    Last edited by Aphylo; 05-12-2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: mo' info

Has anyone bought a mechanical crossbow yet? How do they work?

EDIT: Nevermind, Wyrom clarified.

In Crosswinds and Crosshairs, the crystal-sighted crossbows are tier 1 unlocked, which hold up to 3 bolts at a time. The mechanical arbalests are 5x [actually, he changed these back to 4x] and tier 2 unlocked, and hold up to 5 bolts at a time. I mistakenly thought they fired all the ammo at once, but they still only fire it one at a time.

Enjoy!

~Wyrom, APM
    Last edited by droit; 05-07-2015 at 06:57 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    Has anyone bought a mechanical crossbow yet? How do they work?

EDIT: Nevermind, Wyrom clarified.

In Crosswinds and Crosshairs, the crystal-sighted crossbows are tier 1 unlocked, which hold up to 3 bolts at a time. The mechanical arbalests are 5x [actually, he changed these back to 4x] and tier 2 unlocked, and hold up to 5 bolts at a time. I mistakenly thought they fired all the ammo at once, but they still only fire it one at a time.

Enjoy!

~Wyrom, APM
    So I did some testing.

>analyze arb
    You analyze your light arbalest and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
    -------------------MECHANICAL CROSSBOWS-------------------------
    | These crossbows are of gnomish craftsmanship, and very |
    | intricate. Any alteration should be along with this theme. |
    | |
    | Bows should have a wooden stock, metallic gears and arms |
    | with a crystal lenses for sights. |
    | |
    | If altering these, you may ONLY change the base 15/15/15 |
    | and the settings below. |
    | |
    | It is unlocked to Tier 2. It cannot be unlocked again. |
    | It can now be loaded with up to 5 bolts at a time. |
    | You can now: WEAR, REMOVE, POINT, POKE, RUB, PULL, PUSH |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Metal Gears = silver
    Metal Cams = rolaren
    Metal Arms/Stirrup = steel
    Crystal Sights = tinted

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the light arbalest for you.

>load arb
    You flip open the stock of your light arbalest and load a wooden light crossbow bolt into it. As you do, several gears spin and whirl, drawing the bolt into the interior of your arbalest. You then quickly snap the stock shut.
    >look arb
    A fine example of gnomish ingenuity and workmanship, this light arbalest displays curved steel arms extending outward from the stock and is capped at the front with a steel stirrup. Large oval cams of rolaren are wrapped in the bowstring that stretches across a network of silver gears set amid either arm and into the interior of the arbalest. Aligned atop the stock are a pair of tinted crystal lenses serving as sights, with a small trigger extending from the underside of the weapon.

Examining the arbalest you see that it is cocked and loaded with 5 bolts.
    You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's mark.

>fire
    You aim down the tinted crystal sights and squeeze the trigger of your light arbalest, the silver gears snapping into action!
    You fire a wooden light crossbow bolt at a kobold!
    AS: +71 vs DS: +13 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +71 = +160
    ... and hit for 28 points of damage!
    Nice puncture to the abdomen, just missed vital organs!
    The kobold crumples to a heap on the ground and dies.
    The light crossbow bolt ricochets away from a kobold, landing nearby.
    Roundtime: 2 sec.

>cock arb
    You draw back on the bowstring of your light arbalest causing its silver gears to whirl, lifting a wooden light crossbow bolt from the interior and snapping it into place. You cock your light arbalest.
    Roundtime: 7 sec.

You unfortunately still have to cock the crossbow between shots, so it is really mostly for looks.

Found some bottles and jars in Spellbound, room 16 a narrow space that wasn't listed here:

a silver-hued tall glass bottle, a hexagonal golden glass bottle, a vaalin-banded square glass jar, a gold-banded short glass jar

>inspect bottle
    You carefully inspect a silver-hued tall glass bottle.

You estimate that a silver-hued tall glass bottle can store a very small amount with enough space for one item.

You determine that you could not wear the bottle.

Priced at 100 and 250 bloodscrips.

The 100 scrip jars are 50-count and the 250 scrip jars are 100-count.

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    The 100 scrip jars are 50-count and the 250 scrip jars are 100-count.
    such a rip off

also, we should use the word "cock" in every post now on the officials.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.