Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How Would You Design a Free Account?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Solomon said without the experience boost you'll eventually reach a point where it becomes nearly impossible to advance. I forgot his exact wording and I'm too lazy to find it so you'll just have to trust me on this.

Not to mention if you're a healing empath who has diminished experience absorption as well limited to how many people they can heal.
    Diminished, limited, nearly impossible... they all mean possible.
    And if experience absorption is only a fourth of a normal character's? 8 years and 28 weeks.
    People have been playing this game for literal decades without capping, and they still play. Good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    But your original statement wasn't that people don't need to cap to have fun, it was and I quote:
    You weren't sure if f2p accounts could cap. I told you they could. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    People have been playing this game for literal decades without capping, and they still play. Good day, sir.
    There are people who have been hunting for 5+ hours every day, gaining 2k exp per hour, for literally decades and they still haven't capped?

4. Default

I always thought that when Simu did go to F2P, it would be more current playerbase friendly than what they came out with. That said, having this is certainly better than no F2P option.

I agree with the concept that everything is accessible for free at the cost of speed/productivity, but I disagree with the penalties to festival costs. In my mind, F2Ps lost revenue is made up in players springing for micro-transations and festivals. I really feel a F2P player isn't someone who won't spend money, just someone who wants to pick and choose what they spend their money on.

- Current Basic account, 1 character.
    - No Gift.
    - Limit on daily silver gain.
    - Limit on bank balance.
    - Small lockers.

With the silver limitations, your edging these people to get their gear from the micro-transaction world where bloodscip is worth more to them than silvers. Couple bucks a month for some Duskruin runs and eventually you can earn yourself a Nerve Staff. Still cheaper than a subscription with no monthly monetary commitment, just really slow compared to just buying gear upgrades for silvers.

I think with this, I'd change PP system as a reward for maintaining a subscription. Basic subscription accounts get 100PP/month, premium gets 300PP/month. Expand the PP system to all kinds of gear upgrades (adding/increasing banes, weighting/padding past heavy, +TD, etc).

On top of this, every time they offer a raffle for something that has limits of the item that will be worked on (+10 padding, up to heavy, 7x enchant max type of restrictions), a player can spend PP equal to the power level gap between the top of the restriction and their gear to have their uber gear worked on. Just another nice speed increase reward to those premium subscribers who have been sitting on the same gear for years waiting for CCF8 (the ocho) to come around for upgrades.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post

Any others you can think of?
    How about critters have a very small chance of dropping special chests which contain X% better loot, requiring a (non-transferrable) key from the Simucoin store to open? Sort of the TF2/GW2 model there. Could be available to both F2P characters and subscribers, and could possibly bypass the F2P loot restrictions.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.