Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Mixed Drink Thread

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I had a Manhattan the other night for the first time and was disappointed. It tasted faintly of bleach.
    Was it a shitty place? Sometimes you can taste the residual soap on the glassware if they aren't washing properly. That can ruin a perfectly good drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Beer

1 beer
    1 glass

Pour beer into glass
    Drink

Repeat until loss of consciousness.
    I agree with all of this, except the losing consciousness part. And pour it fucking correctly because I don't want to have to power through two inches of frothy shit to get to my beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Add some OJ and you'll have a Bro-mosa.
    It's called a Beermosa and it's disgusting.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

This is one I've been making a lot recently, but there's a lot of prep work involved. Once you have the ingredients it's a snap, though.

1.5 oz gin
    0.5 oz triple sec
    2-3 jalapenos
    A few fresh cilantro sprigs
    1 cucumber
    0.5 oz agave syrup (or simple syrup)
    Juice of 1/2 lime

First, slice the jalapenos and infuse them in triple sec for 3-5 hours, or overnight if you really want to dial the spice to 11, but even just a few hours is enough to get a good amount of heat (to clarify, infuse the jalapenos in way more than 0.5 oz of triple sec, maybe like 1/3 to 1/2 of the bottle so you can make more of these without going through this process again). Then strain out the jalapenos and store the infused triple sec in the fridge. Once you have the infused triple sec, in a mixing cup muddle the cilantro sprigs, 2-3 slices of cucumber, and the lime juice. Add the gin, infused triple sec, and agave syrup. Shake with ice, strain through mesh strainer into a martini glass. Garnish with a slice of cucumber on the rim.
    Last edited by EasternBrand; 11-17-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EasternBrand View Post
    This is one I've been making a lot recently, but there's a lot of prep work involved. Once you have the ingredients it's a snap, though.

1.5 oz gin
    0.5 oz triple sec
    2-3 jalapenos
    A few fresh cilantro sprigs
    1 cucumber
    0.5 oz agave syrup (or simple syrup)
    Juice of 1/2 lime

First, slice the jalapenos and infuse them in triple sec for 3-5 hours, or overnight if you really want to dial the spice to 11, but even just a few hours is enough to get a good amount of heat (to clarify, infuse the jalapenos in way more than 0.5 oz of triple sec, maybe like 1/3 to 1/2 of the bottle so you can make more of these without going through this process again). Then strain out the jalapenos and store the infused triple sec in the fridge. Once you have the infused triple sec, in a mixing cup muddle the cilantro sprigs, 2-3 slices of cucumber, and the lime juice. Add the gin, infused triple sec, and agave syrup. Shake with ice, strain through mesh strainer into a martini glass. Garnish with a slice of cucumber on the rim.
    I am glad someone else is on topic and down with spicy drinks, and I salute your dedication but a pinch of taco seasoning is about all the effort I'm willing to put in.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Look! It's pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Look! It's pretty!
    It's very pretty!
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    I would let you break my heart and write you tons of really sappy private messages but I would probably not start a thread for all my QQ. ~ Your SuperSecret, Somewhat Public Admirerer RojoDisco

Here's something for the season and bourbon lovers:

SPICED PUMPKIN BOURBON

• Half a smallish pumpkin, sugar pie pumpkins work best

• 1 tbs whole cloves

• Half a vanilla pod

• 1 l. of Bourbon

Directions for Spiced Pumpkin Bourbon

Cut the pumpkin into medium sized pieces and dry roast in a 375° F degree oven for about 20 - 30 minutes or until soft and lightly caramelized. Place the roasted pumpkin, cinnamon stick, cloves and vanilla in a container with the bourbon. Allow the mixture to ruminate out of direct sunlight for about a week.
    Last edited by Rucca; 11-18-2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    I would let you break my heart and write you tons of really sappy private messages but I would probably not start a thread for all my QQ. ~ Your SuperSecret, Somewhat Public Admirerer RojoDisco

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rucca View Post
    Here's something for the season and bourbon lovers:

SPICED PUMPKIN BOURBON

• Half a smallish pumpkin, sugar pie pumpkins work best

• 1 tbs whole cloves

• Half a vanilla pod

• 1 l. of Bourbon

Directions for Spiced Pumpkin Bourbon

Cut the pumpkin into medium sized pieces and dry roast in a 375° F degree oven for about 20 - 30 minutes or until soft and lightly caramelized. Place the roasted pumpkin, cinnamon stick, cloves and vanilla in a container with the bourbon. Allow the mixture to ruminate out of direct sunlight for about a week.
    NNNNGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rucca View Post
    It's very pretty!
    Thanks!
    Allow the mixture to ruminate out of direct sunlight for about a week.
    Someone should start using ruminate to mean "turn into rum". I would but I prefer vodka.