Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paper questions

Default Paper questions

Just want to get some other views before I write out this paper. Basically we had to read this essay called "The Banking Concept of Education" by Paulo Freire. Essentially it's about how the system mostly done, banking system, simply takes the information and has the students memorize it. The teacher is made to be superior to the students. The students are never taught what to do with the information.

Freire proposes a different system called the problem-posing system. In this the student and teacher are equal and both are said to be teaching and being taught. You learn from your reflection being expressed and then hearing someone else's expression and going back and forth. You learn a concept and how to use it. It's also about seeing humans as unfinished beings in an unfinished reality.

Ok here's my question for you guys... My teachers wants us to write a paper where we say what would take place in a problem-posing English class. I have all of it set out except one part.

What would you guys think is "using historicity as their starting point"?

Basically he says humans are historical creatures... this part just confuses me because I'm unsure exactly what they're wanting us to say. They also refer to other creatures as not being historical which makes me think they're not referring to memory since other creatures have memory.

Anyone have any ideas what humans being historical means?
    Anyone out of the mainstream Is anyone in the mainstream? Anyone alive - with a sex drive Tear down the wall Aren't we all
    The opposite of war isn't peace... It's creation
    VIVA, la vie Boheme!!

Just fucking give me the demerit points now and save everyone some time...
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

Ok, I know I'm a mod and all..

But THAT was fuckin funny.

Crystal Tears 24: OMG the man had a package that UPS couldn't deliver.

PS: How can you not see me post, I'm one of the biggest fucking attention whores on these boards. Christ. -Arkans

Originally posted by longshot
    Just fucking give me the demerit points now and save everyone some time...

Oh shit that was funny.

5. Default

Be nice, Longshot

Longshot as many people say about many threads, if you don't like it then you don't have to read it. I'm aware comments like that make you look cool but it's your own fault, not mine
    Anyone out of the mainstream Is anyone in the mainstream? Anyone alive - with a sex drive Tear down the wall Aren't we all
    VIVA, la vie Boheme!!

Not to say I always agree with what longshot does in your threads Leloo..I just clicked on the thread seeing you made it, and he posted..expecting the worst. That post came way out of left field and got me laughin real hard.

Edit to add :

PS. Longshot, you owe me a new keyboard asshole. Fuckin milk everywhere.

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by LordAdredrin]
    Crystal Tears 24: OMG the man had a package that UPS couldn't deliver.

PS: How can you not see me post, I'm one of the biggest fucking attention whores on these boards. Christ. -Arkans

I would take humans being historical creatures to mean that we have a recorded history and traditions. Other creatures do what they do out of instinct thats in their nature to do while humans teach newer generations about their background/history/traditions. Newer generations are expected to follow the imposed traditions.
    The Nalfein Kitten

I'm aware, I'm simply stating that despite what he says he reads the threads when he doesn't have to and posts his comments at myself and others because he believes they somehow make him look cool.

Now I already discussed the question above with two very intelligent people. I simply thought that the intelligent members of PC, rather than the ones who only want to spew hurtful comments, could help add to the discussion.

http://www.usm.maine.edu/~amoroso/edu621/paulo.htm That by the way is the essay this is based on.
    VIVA, la vie Boheme!!

Thanks Kitsun, that's what KC and I also discussed. If you read the actual article, as he did, you'll find that the author is basically just bullshiting the entire essay.
    VIVA, la vie Boheme!!