Page 90 of 153 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

1. Default

True, I would recommend writing a custom script if you really want some complicated attack logic.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    It's somethin along those lines. The attack line he's using is pretty horrible for bigshot.

What is the proper way to make bigshot wait in the attack commands? I have this now to start off my attack:

stance offensive, 616 target(m16), wait 3, aim right leg, fire target (x4), aim right eye, fire target (x4),

(spam commands or whatever is set off)

and bigshot grabs an arrow and tries to fire 3 or 4 times before the cast RT is up advancing it to the later part of the attack script.

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >
    [bigshot]>aim right leg
    You're now aiming at the right leg of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
    >
    [bigshot]>get 1 my wooden arrow
    You remove a single wooden arrow from a bundle of wooden arrows.
    >
    [bigshot]>fire #134193796
    Wait 2 seconds.
    >
    You already have that.
    >
    Wait 2 seconds.
    >
    You already have that.
    >
    Wait 1 seconds.
    >
    You already have that.
    >
    Wait 1 seconds.
    >
    [bigshot]>aim left eye
    You're now aiming at the left eye of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
    >
    You already have that.
    >
    You nock a wooden arrow in your ruic long bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

3. Default

Try sleep instead of wait. I seem to recall they behaved different.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    What is the proper way to make bigshot wait in the attack commands? I have this now to start off my attack:

stance offensive, 616 target(m16), wait 3, aim right leg, fire target (x4), aim right eye, fire target (x4),

(spam commands or whatever is set off)

and bigshot grabs an arrow and tries to fire 3 or 4 times before the cast RT is up advancing it to the later part of the attack script.

Firstly, I'd like to say BigShot is awesome. I've read basically this whole thread and I think it's awesome how lots of people have been chipping in development help. I'm having fun using it on the side some. These sorts of automation things always fascinate me.

I had one request, however. It's a real pain, especially on low level characters, configuring bigshot when you're frequently switching areas. Is there anyway we can get a Save/Load feature for the data? I would love to help myself, but I don't know Ruby. But if someone wants to undertake this, attached a bitching XSD schema file and XML file that validates against it.

schema.txt
    xml.txt

Azbounty does this Akaylas, but I had issues getting it to work so I don't use it.

Yup. I was experimenting with azbounty, but didn't like it as much. I'd be down to do this myself, but I don't have the time this semester, and I don't know ruby to begin with. But hell, if people are willing to do this, I'm willing to do some string-fu and make an archive of all the hunting areas and boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaylas View Post
    Yup. I was experimenting with azbounty, but didn't like it as much.
    Eh. Azbounty uses Bigshot for the hunting stuff. The only difference is Azbounty can be set to do bounties and the GUI is setup a little differently. If you're not using it for bounties (which you aren't since you're using Bigshot), you can set up areas within Azbounty and use it to hunt just like Bigshot. There really shouldn't be anything to 'not like as much' after the areas are set up.

Bigshot had more clearer responses on how things like how the input should be formatted for each of the form elements, how to do MA hunting, and other stuff that's outside of the strict functionality. If I could find a good place for answers, or if someone might provide me answers, I might like it more.

All the input stuff should be the same. Only difference being that the location of some stuff has changed in the GUI between the two scripts. I don't believe Azbounty supports MA mode, though, so if you aren't capable of tweaking Azbounty to call bigshot head/tail and want to MA with it, you're probably gonna have to stick with Bigshot.

Can anyone explain this? I use an alternate weapon to skin with, and after skinning it hangs up with this:

--- Exception: undefined method `put_item' for #<Bigshot:0xde6fcd8>
    sloot2:1390:in `start_script'
    --- Lich: sloot2 has exited.
    [bigshot]>stance offensive

And then starts hunting again, leaving any skins and the dagger in my hand instead of my cutlass.

Thanks
    A friggin' huge war griffin says, "Dude, stop attacking me."
    A friggin' huge war griffin asks, "Srsly, wtf?"