Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter from vegan to her roommate

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I don't know what the "vegan philosophy" is, but I do tend to think that less animals dying is better than more animals dying.
    Circle of life, mothafuckaaaaaa. (In my head, that sounded like the little Chinese guy from the Hangover.)

Quote Originally Posted by DrZaius View Post
    I'm not sure we disagree. I'd say the majority of Americans aren't eating like 'healthy' omnivores. In the 1800s, there weren't nearly as many fat people as there are today. Why? Because people ate meat what, twice a year? twice a month? once a week? Not everyday, at the very least. Cutting back more than cutting out, I guess is my point.

-DrZ

EDIT: Bees are natural slaves.
    That's not because people are eating more meat, but more because of the invention of fast food and people who can't control portion sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

if we were supposed to be vegan OR muslim then bacon wouldn't taste so incredibly fucking delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvn View Post
    if we were supposed to be vegan OR muslim then bacon wouldn't taste so incredibly fucking delicious...
    I'm not saying you're supposed to be vegan. Bacon *is* delicious. It's probably not healthy to eat it everyday, so I chose not to.

pretty sure those nomadic native americans were killing meat and eating it... don't remember too many stories about fat indians chasing down buffalo

the reason people are fatter now than in the 1800s is because of sedentary jobs... no one gets off their fat ass to 'work'.. aside from lumberjacks and uh.. other lumberjacks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvn View Post
    pretty sure those nomadic native americans were killing meat and eating it... don't remember too many stories about fat indians chasing down buffalo
    Indians being famous for eating a buffalo every day for dinner... Oh wait.. I agree with the sedentary lifestyle though. That's certainly contributing. There's lots of evidence of red meat causing heart disease. Really though. Eat what you want. I don't care, at all. I'm saying I chose to avoid it.

-DrZ

Indians being famous for eating a buffalo every day for dinner... Oh wait.. I agree with the sedentary lifestyle though. That's certainly contributing. There's lots of evidence of red meat causing heart disease. Really though. Eat what you want. I don't care, at all. I'm saying I chose to avoid it.

-DrZ
    Chicken and fish too, thank goodness you're a veg so you can stay away from those baaaa-aaaa-aaaad things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

8. Default

Being a vegan has nothing whatsoever to do with diabetes. You're either born with it or get it through excess sugar, simple carbs (which quickly break down into sugar), heavily processed foods, and lack of exercise.

This of course means avoiding candy, ice cream, pastries, breads, pastas, sodas, etc. They taste good, but they're not doing you any favors.

Meat contains hardly any sugar. A diet of minimally processed meats, (preferably raw) nuts, vegetables and low sugar fruits can prevent/reverse insulin resistance and will restore one of the natural functions of your liver - converting stored fats into usable energy in a consistent way that avoids sugar spikes and insulin resistance.

Screw vegans, steak and bacon for the win.

There's lots of evidence of red meat causing heart disease.
    In men mostly, and it's only because of all the iron in red meat (men almost always build up a lot more iron than women). Not being a selfish asshole and donating blood a few times a year will easily keep the iron under control.

Mmm...sushi

I have to say that I don't mind vegans if they are doing it for some sort of valid dietary reasons. The ones who do it for moral reasons require an education on what is and is not considered living. The only difference between killing and eating an animal and killing and eating a plant is that animals have a sporting chance to run away.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I have to say that I don't mind vegans if they are doing it for some sort of valid dietary reasons. The ones who do it for moral reasons require an education on what is and is not considered living. The only difference between killing and eating an animal and killing and eating a plant is that animals have a sporting chance to run away.
    Not that delicious veal that's been in a cage since it was born... oh, god, I'm hungry right now.
    "I am not a hater." - George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America